Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
trail wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
I don’t understand balance bikes at all. We bought our daughter a small bike from Guardian bikes and followed their instructions with excellent results. Remove the pedals and use the bike as a “balance bike”. When they’re ready put the pedals on. No balance bike needed. No training wheels either. She was able to ride it starting at age 3.

It sounds like you understand them perfectly.

Oh hey! I know you can’t resist responding to me. What I don’t know why one buys a separate balance bike. Versus using a bike with pedals as a balance bike. Does that sit better with you?

The Hotwalk is a pure racing machine. Fully optimized. Maybe a 2-in-1 recreational bike is enough for your daughter. There's nothing wrong with that. You shouldn't feel bad at all.

But some people like to go full send.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Gwen got one for Stanley.

She got the carbon one, or aluminium one?

She said carbon on IG.

When I saw this it reminded me to unfollow her after her comments relative to the election.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
But this

Those kids have bike handling skills that would put a lot of adults to shame...and on wet pavement no less!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. How about the sexy chainstay pic?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
I don’t understand balance bikes at all. We bought our daughter a small bike from Guardian bikes and followed their instructions with excellent results. Remove the pedals and use the bike as a “balance bike”. When they’re ready put the pedals on. No balance bike needed. No training wheels either. She was able to ride it starting at age 3.

The average person probably doesn't have whatever combination of skillset and desire is required to do what you described. I sure don't. (the desire part). Much easier to buy a balance bike (~$100 one, not the $999 racing machine...) and then a pedal bike when they're ready.

Plus, not all kids learn to ride a real bike in a linear progression. My youngest spent a long time in the gray area where he could do the pedals, but still wasn't totally confident. There were days when he was up for the struggle of pedaling, and others when he wanted to go back to the balance bike so he could go fast and keep up with his older brothers and sisters. No way I would have wanted to remove/replace his pedals based on his whims of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race bike. Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t care what anybody else spends their money on. If you want to get it and go for the strider series ... great. As a training tool pre-pedals I found it super effective.

In my house we borrowed a balance bike from a neighbor. My kids both had training wheels and were asking for bigger bikes. I was not wanting to size up the bikes with training wheels.

My neighbor saw me struggling running down the street holding onto the seat with one kid ... and loaned me their balance bike. Wooden bike called skut I think. 2 hours after gliding around ... maybe less ... it was almost instantaneous ... both kids were pedaling away on their pedal bikes without training wheels.

So I guess hope your neighbor buys it ... and your kids can borrow it. Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
dalava wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Gwen got one for Stanley.

Well Specialized sent it to them as part of their contract. Honestly I think that sends a horrible signal to your fan base, but whatever.

How so, what's the signal it sends to her fans? I am genuinely interested in knowing that perspective.

"Hey, look at this thousand dollar toddler bike?" In the middle of a pandemic. If you don't see the problem, then I can't lead you to water.

Meh... of all things to get outraged of, this doesn't even register. It's a halo product, and they gave it to their star sponsored athlete, I think general public are smart enough to figure that out
Quote Reply

Prev Next