Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter?
Quote | Reply
The title says it. Is there a way that I'm missing to do this? I've had many power meters over these years. I want to group the data to analyze by meter before wasting too much extra time (I'm lazy).
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The title says it. Is there a way that I'm missing to do this? I've had many power meters over these years. I want to group the data to analyze by meter before wasting too much extra time (I'm lazy).

Not in TP. Not after the fact, anyway.

TP does have tags, and equipment used....that you can filter on. But, nothing is "automatically" attached. So, if you didn't create a "power-meter" piece of equipment and associate it with the workouts in question (at the time), or tag the workouts with the PM in-use, then the data isn't there to filter / sort on.

I can't speak for anything else. I took a quick look at Garmin Connect, and I didn't see anything obvious there. GC tracks the recording devices used...but, I didn't see anything for the attached "sensors". In other words, my PM (or HRM) didn't show as listed.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Tom. Thankfully I have the source files and I can write something to do what I want by what ID is reported I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I remember seeing something like that in today's plan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah populates the "device info" field and puts info that allows to figure out which PM is used.

GC also has a pretty powerful query ability.

I tried to set a filter that said Device_Info="Powermeter Wahoo KICKR" and that worked it showed me those workouts I did on my Kickr

However, with other workouts, the device info contains things like

Headunit Garmin Edge 520 (v13)
HR Unknown FIT Device 51:3 (v1)
Powermeter Unknown FIT Device 263:12 (v42.5)

That third line is a Favero PM. If I a filter with Device_Info CONTAINS "FIT Device 263:12"

I get all my Favero workouts.

GC is friggin awesome
Last edited by: marcag: Dec 3, 20 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I think I remember seeing something like that in today's plan

Yep it's in the "quick file search" but you need to add it in the edit fields tab first.
I'm also pretty certain Todays Plan also self records what pm you've used, as I cant remember ever inputting any info, so if you backload any ride data into the calendar, it might sort it all for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Golden Cheetah populates the "device info" field and puts info that allows to figure out which PM is used.

GC also has a pretty powerful query ability.

I tried to set a filter that said Device_Info="Powermeter Wahoo KICKR" and that worked it showed me those workouts I did on my Kickr

However, with other workouts, the device info contains things like

Headunit Garmin Edge 520 (v13)
HR Unknown FIT Device 51:3 (v1)
Powermeter Unknown FIT Device 263:12 (v42.5)

That third line is a Favero PM. If I a filter with Device_Info CONTAINS "FIT Device 263:12"

I get all my Favero workouts.

GC is friggin awesome

Perfect. This worked!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume you use a Garmin ?

How do you get from Garmin to GC ? Download all TP files...import them one by one from the HeadUnit....?

Just curious on how most people are doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks or other software; filter data based on power meter? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Initially, you can mass import from TP pretty easily. There's an easy tutorial on the GC site: GoldenCheetah

After that, I generally do a manual Garmin import or grab the file from Strava/TP/whatever and manually import. I bet there's some automated solution out there, but I also expect that requires connecting the device, which I find to be a pain, so I go with the manual upload (which I grab from the automatic upload).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I expose the .fit from Garmin Connect then import to Golden cheetah. Takes about 15 seconds.

The nice thing is that Garmin Connect is set up to get everything, including Zwift and TrainerRoad, whichever I happen to be using. Connect is always open on my personal laptop, which is where I have Golden Cheetah installed.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply