Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx NEO 2T Interesting Issue This Morning
Quote | Reply
This morning after a Zwift workout, after I ended the workout and had stopped pedaling for a good minute+, I noticed the flywheel was still just spinning away and was not slowing down. I tried to slow the flywheel with my fingers but as soon as I let it go, it sped right back up. I then unplugged the trainer, the flywheel stopped immediately, plugged power back in and the flywheel took right off again. I opened the Tacx Utility app to see if there was any type of diagnostic test and while rummaging through the app the flywheel finally slowed to a stop.

Anyone ever have this happen? I didn't have time to fire another Zwift session up to see if the trainer was behaving normally or not.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx NEO 2T Interesting Issue This Morning [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never seen that. But, the Neo is capable of "coasting" for downhill segments. So, I could see a situation where the last Zwift instruction was to go downhill, but the two never closed out properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So closing zwift doesn't necessarily mean zwift is closed, it tends to still be running in the background (check your taskbar). Since zwift is always in-game (main menu and all) it is still sending gradient info to he trainer. Your character probably was on a descent in the background which was engaging the downhill inertia to spin the flywheel

Why its this way, i dont know, but this has happened to me and stopped once i shut my pc completely off or terminated zwift via task manager

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
This morning after a Zwift workout, after I ended the workout and had stopped pedaling for a good minute+, I noticed the flywheel was still just spinning away and was not slowing down. I tried to slow the flywheel with my fingers but as soon as I let it go, it sped right back up. I then unplugged the trainer, the flywheel stopped immediately, plugged power back in and the flywheel took right off again. I opened the Tacx Utility app to see if there was any type of diagnostic test and while rummaging through the app the flywheel finally slowed to a stop.

Anyone ever have this happen? I didn't have time to fire another Zwift session up to see if the trainer was behaving normally or not.
Yeah, mine will often keep spinning if I finish a session while on a downhill. It doesn't matter much.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx NEO 2T Interesting Issue This Morning [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I believe my workout did end on a decent downhill grade. If I see this pop up again I'll check to see if Zwift is still running in the background.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I believe my workout did end on a decent downhill grade. If I see this pop up again I'll check to see if Zwift is still running in the background.

Neo 1 does the same, even after the PC is turned off. And there's a bit of a battery/capacitor in the NEO so unplugging for a short time won't clear the message if you plug back in 10s later. But after a fairly short time then it works out there's no power, no cadence, no updated messages from the ANT control (ie PC/Zwift) and so stops.

Ideally there would be a 'stop power' instruction as part of the exit routine in Zwift. But that's way way way down on my list of things I'd like to see them sort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take advantage of that all the time with my Neo. I do the "Fire and Ice" route and once I get to the top and come around, I get off my bike sit down in front of the fan and watch my virtual guy coast down the Alpe du Zwift
Quote Reply