Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about your week!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you feeling Dr TC? Sending virtual support vibes!

Had a bit of an up and down week. My right leg felt like it imploded on itself on Thursday. A tight calf during my run became a "can't walk, intense pain" kind of situation later in the day. Got a doctor's appointment and xray on Friday which ruled out a stress fracture and have been taking it easy since Thursday night. It's now subsided to discomfort on stairs and if I walk too much. I have an in person appointment with the doctor this afternoon, so we'll see what he says.

I also had extended family members test positive for covid. My dad had been exposed but his test just came back negative, so phew but still that was a good 48hrs+ of added stress.

Also had a swim video analysis session. Waiting for the video + analysis to come back to me.

I got all my Christmas cards in the mail though, so we'll call that a win.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies!

Scheherezade, wow, what a doozy of a week. Hoping that the news about your calf is good news, and that your relatives get through COVID all right.

TC-how are you hanging in? Are you wrapping up the semester?

I'm all right. Thanksgiving was surprisingly Thanksgiving-like, considering it was just me and the hubs in the house together, like we've been for 10 months now. I also did the turkey trot, which went virtual, but a bunch of people ran it anyway. I PB'd on 5k and 5 mi. in the same run. Like a boss.

This week is nutz. I just submitted a huge grant application, like the ones that all y'all sciency academics do, but we little humanists rarely need to do. Geez, I don't envy you at all. Now it's grade-a-palooza for a few weeks until everything wraps up and I can put this flaming turd of a semester to bed.

Workouts:
Mon: Run and strength (cut the run short on account of a stitch, but I had already done the speedwork)
Tu: REST!
We: Tempo run and strength
Th: Threshold ride
F: swim! and strength
Sa: long run
Su: long ride

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you are feeling better.

Scheherazade: Hope you get good news at the doctor.

BingTri: Good job on the double PR!

My week last week was decent - some exercise every day, including multiple bike rides (indoors - Zwift and Sufferfest). Thanksgiving was very quiet and mellow - just me, but I had a great dinner, made by a James Beard award winning chef, with enough for a second meal the next day.

Somehow though, I did something to my eye Friday night. I was taking out my contacts and the one in my left eye seems to be "suctioned down" on my eyeball. I finally got it out, but it felt like I dropped contact cleaning fluid in it -- immediately burning and red. It was like that all weekend so yesterday I went to the eye doctor and I ended up scratching my eyeball (above the cornea). The doc gave me eyedrops/antibiotics (Moxifloxacin) to use 3x/day and I can’t wear my contacts which sucks because my glasses are super old and a number of prescriptions ago and can’t really drive with them. I return to the eye doctor on Friday for an update. So no swimming, nothing where the head is lower than the heart (tried that at yoga on Sunday and thought my eyeball was going to pop out!)

And, we now have winter weather - snow flurries yesterday and only in the 30s. BRRRR! Though I guess it is December 1st.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry you're injured. Shin splints? I hope your doctor has some answers and that it feels better soon.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the PRs!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And, we now have winter weather - snow flurries yesterday and only in the 30s. BRRRR! Though I guess it is December 1st.

I had no idea TN got that cold. I think I have a very stereotypical view that the south is always hot and humid (obviously I'm incorrect). I'm sorry about your eye; I hope it heals quickly.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very rough last week because I got really sick. I'd started feeling tired on Wed., Nov. 18 but chalked it up to my long run the day before and it being the last week of the term. I had some night sweats that I attributed to hormones because I tend to get those, oh, once a month or so. But after all that was done and I was still tired and getting hot flashes/chills at night, I figured I should get a covid tests. So I did, and it was positive. Anyway, I spent most of last week in bed. I am a lot better now, and my primarily complaint at this point is just lingering fatigue. My friends, family, coworkers, and virtual friends have all been really incredibly kind and thoughtful. I'm so grateful that I'm young and was able to recover without needing to be in the hospital or something.

My goal this week is to continue taking care of myself and try to get the residual fatigue to go away. I am >10 days past initial symptoms so I'm allowed to be in the world again (read: pool), which is nice.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Dec 1, 20 13:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh JFC, TC, I'm sorry you got COVID!!! Glad to hear you're through the worst of it, and back in the pool.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply