Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes
Quote | Reply
I seem to have an issue replacing my Pearl Izumi Tri Fly Elite V6 shoes. I’m size 46.0 / 11.5 and just can’t find them anywhere.

I would be willing to go to the PRO V3 as they look like the same shoe. I can’t find these in my size either though anywhere.

Does anyone know if Pearl Izumi is going to make more carbon Tri shoes? This has been really frustrating for me as I’ve tried some Fizik carbon shoes that are cycling shoes, but just can’t seem to tap into the power that my Elite V6 gives me after putting 21,000+ miles on them.

I wish I would have stocked up on pairs - at least a backup pair, but I was under the impression that Pearl Izumi would continue to produce these shoes.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bont?
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Concur, Pearl Izumi as well as specialized seem to be giving up on the tri shoe market, and this was before Covid hit. Not sure what to think —no or low stock at retailers. Maybe making room in the market for Ed O Malley’s velovetta shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems that Pearl Izumi does have the tri fly pro shoe in stock in most sizes on their website. Massively discounted at $175. I have the shoe and it is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Bont?

The brand that 50% of people find to be the most uncomfortable they've ever worn? Lol

OP asked for where to buy Pearl Izumi. Whats with your 1-2 word unhelpful responses recently?
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just offering an alternative to Pearl Izumi.

I find the Bont Helix shoes to be quite nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
I seem to have an issue replacing my Pearl Izumi Tri Fly Elite V6 shoes. I’m size 46.0 / 11.5 and just can’t find them anywhere.

I would be willing to go to the PRO V3 as they look like the same shoe. I can’t find these in my size either though anywhere.

Does anyone know if Pearl Izumi is going to make more carbon Tri shoes? This has been really frustrating for me as I’ve tried some Fizik carbon shoes that are cycling shoes, but just can’t seem to tap into the power that my Elite V6 gives me after putting 21,000+ miles on them.

I wish I would have stocked up on pairs - at least a backup pair, but I was under the impression that Pearl Izumi would continue to produce these shoes.

It seems like pearl as a whole is going through a "re-structuring" phase to get more of their product line up into their "sustainable" family of products.

Have you looked at the Shimano TR901 as a possiblity? With Pearl being owned by Shimano I feel like it may at least be worth looking into as they may offer a similar fit

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: Production of New Carbon Pearl Izumi Tri shoes [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Concur, Pearl Izumi as well as specialized seem to be giving up on the tri shoe market, and this was before Covid hit. Not sure what to think —no or low stock at retailers. Maybe making room in the market for Ed O Malley’s velovetta shoes?

PI was never a very big component of the tri shoe market... which is why they have been ignoring it more and more, I suppose.

making a post soon on the VeloVetta thread about scheduling.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out road shoes. If you look at a lot of the pro's they are wearing road shoe without all the straps and stuff because a lot of road shoes are more aero than "tri-shoes and everybody out there makes a carbon road shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine and want/need a new pair. Mine have been sitting in the garage for about five months with newspaper in them (ooo ooo that smell). I do hope they come out with a new shoe soon.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Dec 2, 20 15:37
Quote Reply