Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric...

Is it me or is the training log down? I get and "address unreachable" error for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nevermind... Just saw the other thread...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With today's 30 minutes, week 1 is in da books! 7/7..longest shuffle was 45 min. ..the rest 30 to 35 min..Ms Shady ,aka hotMommy (she just signed up and wont tell me her ST handle:) is also 7/7 but she's more of a fair weather runner and with a cold & snowy,sometimes miserable , winter on the way here in the North East we'll see how she hangs in there. Heck, lets see how I hang in there! In a decade of playing I've fallen off the wagon every single time at around the 30 to 40 day mark..lol. This year seems different though:)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I’d make up a few places with a double run today but ended up dropping a few... you peoples are committed! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, winter arrived this morning. Not a flake of snow yesterday - woke up to this:

So the ducks in Soper Park and I enjoyed a regular "Canadian beach run" while my husband got our winter tires put on, then I put on my own winter kicks and headed out for a little jam along the river.

It's been right around the freezing mark all day, so the snow is thick and heavy and sticks to every twig.

Don't think anyone will be enjoying the view from that bench for a bit - looks like not all of the wind damage from last weekend's storm has been cleaned up yet.

elf6c wrote:
For those of you that like an extra challenge I have decided to try an do this on Hard Mode (to take a page from video games)

All Outside runs
No run shorter than a 5k

Possible Nightmare Mode addition

No missed days till the end

Completion of either gets you the Platinum Achievement: Total Protonic Reversal

I take Fridays off, but I don't think I've ever logged a treadmill run for the 100/100, and only a handful of indoor track runs. Those won't happen this year (I don't even know if the track is open, but I won't be there regardless), and my own nightmare mode is that I throw in some snowshoe runs.

The "winter kicks" to which I referred above:

Quote | Reply
You are awesome-in so many ways.

LOVE the pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice job MistressK...I think treadmill runs should be counted at 1/2 worth! :-D
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damnit. That's outstanding.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had a morning like that and I have a funny story wrt to 100/100 and running trying to find good footing.

I went for my swim slot and closed off with a 1000m time trial that is alternating 50m fly and 50m free, so it's like a bike time trial where you have a 1 min climb followed by 1 min flat that you repeat 10 times. Its a fun time trial, so I decided for my 30ish minute transition run I would spend 20 min after my warmup alternating 1 min hard and 1 min tempo to compliment what I did in the pool. The problem was roads and sidewalks were a mess after my swim so found a parking lot of a local multinational company that was empty and clear and used it as a track and did this session on the run.

Edit: and just on my second last interval, the Cisco Security guard came and chased me out of the empty parking lot with no one in it other than solitary 100/100 runner!!! Probably does not help being a brown guy doing sprints in a desolate parking lot... so you just comply!!!!

So far it all feels easy. Most of my runs are 6-8km range with one 11km run and a few around 15km. Mainly for now, my focus is swim with run filler. I am planning a 10km swim "private event" during the holidays as one of my friends is renting a pool for a 4 hrs session for this.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 23, 20 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triczyk wrote:
I think treadmill runs should be counted at 1/2 worth! :-D

Oh, fuck you!!! :-D

I don't have a treadmill at home, and my only access to one is at our gym, which is still open - for now

I have yet to try a TM workout, because of the mask thing but I may need to try it*, just to see how it goes, before we get locked down again, and I'm back to running outside full-time; which isn't so bad really. Treadmill is just a back-up in case I miss my morning run and I can catch back up if D'Wife & I go to the gym together later in that day

* I've done an hour or so on the stationary bike, and that required swapping out a sweat-soaked mask about halfway through

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like we have 3-4 inches of fresh snow since 4 AM this morning. I'll be queuing up the treadmill today for sure. I used to love running in the snow but after shoulder surgery this summer I have a sense of dread I'll slip and destroy my repaired shoulder.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I edit or delete a run that I inadvertently entered twice?
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [robogeltron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robogeltron wrote:
How do I edit or delete a run that I inadvertently entered twice?

Go to the training log, and click in the "activites" link at the top. There you will see a list of your activites. Click on the suspect activity, and edit or delete as needed. The delete button is at the bottom-right near the save, and cancel buttons.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! All squared away. Now I can sleep at night:)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 11, Bull Ring by the Sea, Tijuana, MexicoDay 11 , The Great Wall, between Border Field State Park and Tijuana, Mexico

Last edited by: coyote pelon: Nov 25, 20 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^ I've been there!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Part One of 2020 Thanksgiving Running Festival
Alice's Restaurant Massacree
- 18:34 out [run time of "Alice's Restaurant"] turn around & come back the same route (negative split if I'm lucky & make all the stoplights) Result: 4.4 miles

Part Two of 2020 Thanksgiving Running Festival
ELEVENTH Annual Screaming Tortise Black Friday 20K Solo Relay
- Starting at 5 or 6AM or so, run four 5Ks, separated by at least 4 hours ... if need be, the final 5K can be done the following day

Leg 1: 26:54
Leg 2: 31:11 [see below]
Leg 3: 28:47
Leg 4: 27:42 [completed on Saturday]

Part Three of 2020 Thanksgiving Running Festival
Black Friday Record Store Day Challenge
- Choose a song, an album, an album SIDE, an EP, what have you. Guesstimate how much ground you'll cover in that time and that is your goal. Then "drop the needle" and go!!! If you beat your mark you win; if you don't ... you STILL Win!!!

I chose Van Halen's Fair Warning and called it "Edward Van Halen Memorial ...": 33:11 / 3.5 Miles [doubled as the second leg of the Black Friday Solo Relay]

Part Four of 2020 Thanksgiving Running Festival
Fraud Street Run
- 11 Miles

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...iladelphia_P7373886/

Quote:
With 11 miles travelled today in 1:56:40 [3 runs (~5K each x ~4hrs apart) & a walk {my hips were KILLING me}] I am declaring myself 2020 #FraudStreetRun Men's Champion for Atco, NJ

Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 30, 20 5:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving, runners! No treadmill runs for me, yet.

Tuesday morning was a dreary, cold, and rainy run. Then a humid and warm sunset, quicky double. Yesterday, it was sunny and brisk. And this morning I got the 3.1 out of the way early...while it was downright chiily.. Should have worn gloves.

East Texas isn't known for its scenery... But, here's some pics from the last couple days.

Now it's time to fry up that turkey!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great photos Tom and coyote p

This makes it more personal. 😀

Happy thanksgiving 🦃 everyone. Be kind to your family-they have to deal w us...and remain careful and protected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just have to say that I am SO GLAD that the 100/100 started earlier this year. Keeping the streak alive through this long weekend is so much better than fattening up for a Dec 1 start. I am sad that the annual turkey trot was solo this year. I was finally in shape for it and didn’t have anybody to beat. And the one other runner I spotted on the running path is an elite runner so I didn’t stand a chance at chasing her down. Yay 100/100.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far so good..14/14
Couple late night runs in the damp cold this week . Had to force myself out the door to keep the streak intacct. One of the benefits of the 100/100 challenge..!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m staying ahead of runs. This has definitely helped my accountability. I would love to post pictures but mine are always too big. Give me a little help here. I have used Imgur but it just post the link not the picture itself. How do you do it?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Decker21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well... I hope everyone in the US had a good Thanksgiving...

We had an early dinner Thursday afternoon outside at my parents house. The weather was perfect for sitting outside. I fried the turkey at home, my daughter made small 5" pies for each family. After my sisters family left Maria, Maggie and I sat outside by the chiminea with my dad (mom was tired and went to bed) and had a nice couple fingers of Bourbon. Good times were had.

We had a nice slow day today...Here are a few pics of our smaller dog, Hero... Working very hard while I got caught up with a few extra runs on the treadmill.

I've been nursing some patellar femoral syndrome since the week before we started this craziness. So, I've been easing back into it. Friday it finally felt solid, so I let loose a bit Saturday for a long run, and a TM double later in the evening. Today, a few more on the TM.

Now it's time to decorate the Tree!

Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Nov 29, 20 16:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I updated my Thanksgiving Holiday running activities in my post above

I then went out and did 5 yesterday, just to see how well everyone's decorations were going up

Nothing substantial to report, except one 20' tall inflatable Santa

Quote Reply

Prev Next