Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero drop bar and clip on - affordable options?
Quote | Reply
I’m wondering if someone has a good pulse on available options for an aero drop bar that is compatible with clip ons or other aero bars. I don’t think I’d pay over $500 for the whole setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero drop bar and clip on - affordable options? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3T Aeronova. If you use a stem that isn't really chunky, they fit.

Otherwise, if you have $$$........the original integrated bar/stem from Giant that had the kit for running clip ons. Theirs clipped around the aero section of the bars instead of the round section.

PlanetX sells a "Selcof" aero drop bar that almost fits an Aeria Ultimate stem. I sanded the sides of an Aeria down and run it with one. That bar has mounting provisions for risers/blocks/extensions........if you can ever find them somewhere. Could always have someone 3d print or sand down a more normal riser kit to match the curve of the bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the aeronova. Last i checked, 3T wasn't selling new ones anymore, but you might be able to find a used one.

Another option is the Bontrager Elite Aero VR-CF Road Handlebar. I have the predecessor (the Bontrager Race Lite Aero) and it's a good option....especially for $90.

I like the 3T clipons. The clamp is really narrow on them compared to others (like profile) that I've used so even with a slightly wider stem, you should still be okay on the aeronova or those bontragers.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero drop bar and clip on - affordable options? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
3T Aeronova. If you use a stem that isn't really chunky, they fit.

Otherwise, if you have $$$........the original integrated bar/stem from Giant that had the kit for running clip ons. Theirs clipped around the aero section of the bars instead of the round section.

PlanetX sells a "Selcof" aero drop bar that almost fits an Aeria Ultimate stem. I sanded the sides of an Aeria down and run it with one. That bar has mounting provisions for risers/blocks/extensions........if you can ever find them somewhere. Could always have someone 3d print or sand down a more normal riser kit to match the curve of the bar.

I run the Aeronova on my S1 for this reason. It works well. You do need to put some thought into the stem and clamp area of the clip on bars though. It's not a ton of room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Bonty aluminum bar is clip-on compatable: https://www.trekbikes.com/...238/?colorCode=black

Add on some Profile Sonic/Ergo clipons and you're good to go for ~$250.

What's nice is that it has internal cabling.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a Control Tech Cougar aluminum aero road bar, and I like it so far: https://www.controltechbikes.com/...st/category/103.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think you can find the Selcof bars anymore, but they were ideal for bolting on a really fast aero bar setup.

Some of the best sources for interesting handlebars tend to by the UK sites like Ribble and Wiggle. Lots of interesting stuff pops up there that you wouldn’t normal find in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar

Quote Reply
Re: Aero drop bar and clip on - affordable options? [Jo O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I ended up springing for a 3T ergonova team. It’s not specifically designed for aerodynamics but the frontal area is decent, it has internal cables, and it’s clip on compatible. The width of the tops is about 22mm which is slim enough. The 195 gram weight is nice too.
Quote Reply