Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I did a bit of work to my setup and decided to run the cables to the blip box through the same ports that DI2 was setup to run. I attached the 'mount' to the top of the brake cam housing after modifying the mount to fit the shape of the top of the brake cam housing. I clearanced around the sides of the center tab just a hare to fit the cables in. They don't rub or show any signs of issues (fraying, cutting) and I have quick access to the blip box for adjustments. I can also quickly disassemble this setup with a removal of the 4 cables, then a quick 1/2 turn on the blip box to access all the parts to disassemble and ship. Setup time when arriving for IMFL in Nov 2019 was about 25 min for the whole bike. I kept the plugs and caps for all the wires so they're protected when in the bike box.

I rarely need to make derailleur adjustments, but if I do, I just need to remember to think backwards for the whole Front vs Rear thing. Have just over 3200 miles on this setup w/ no cable issues.
Last edited by: mlrtyme: Sep 2, 20 22:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few of you have asked me to develop a rear box for the BMC TM01. I finally located one locally to measure and test fit. Here is the production version on a small frame.

You can order yours here https://custombikexcessories.com/...ts/bmc-tm01-rear-box

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Sep 4, 20 0:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job. Will you ship to Australia by any chance?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fresh79 wrote:
Nice job. Will you ship to Australia by any chance?
Thank you and yes I do ship to Australia. Shipping around $25 usd

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm about to buy a TM01 and I have a few questions. My height is 183cm and my inseam length is 83cm. Now I'm using trek emonda slr 56 size and it feels a bit big.
Only one M/S size is available at local seller. Do you think if I buy a size M/S TM01, would I have problems with fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Pureal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

TT Bike fitting is somewhat complicated and I'm not an expert so just for comparison I'm also about 183cm tall w/83cm inseam and was comparing BMC TM01 Disc size M/L vs L. After a fitting session purchased a size L in Dec 2018 as the pad stack height upper limit w/Flat base bar on size M/L was near my lower limit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 189cm and ride a M/S. With UCI limits, there isn't much difference between available geometries. Main difference is stack height, as mentioned. I have abnormally long humerus (upper arm bone), so I have a larger drop and it works for me. If you don't have much of a drop from saddle to pads, then maybe you will opt for a larger size. Also it depends on the bar you get. The V cockpit sits much higher up than the flat cockpit, almost giving it the stack height of a frame size or two up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [rowleycd] [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for quick reply, mentioned bikes cockpit is flat.

If it helps, I can give details of my body measurements.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Pureal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have got two questions regarding the BMC Timemachine disc.

1) Regarding the spacers of the flat cockpit: I would need a stack of 40 mm higher than the maximum (e.g. 670mm instead of 630mm). Is it possible to buy additional extra spacers in order to have a more upright position?

I would almost fit on a V-Cockpit (665mm of max stack on a ML), but I am not keen of the looks of it. This brings me to my second question.

2) Is it complicated to switch between the V-Cockpit and the flat cockpit?

I am buying this bike as my first TT bike for doing my first IM next summer. I am doing Sprints, OD’s since 2014 (on a Canyon Endurace with clip-ons).

I think that on the long run, I will mostly use this bike for shorter races, as the burden of the training load for an IM is too heavy for me (at least this is what I am thinking now). Thus a position with less stack might be possible for those shorters races. Therefore I might replace the V-Cockpit with the flat cockpit back after my having done my IM, although this is a costly solution.

As background information, I made a bike fit this week in order to get my stack (670mm) and reach (400mm) values. These values are rather upright as I am approx. 6 feet (1m84) tall with 33 (87cm) inseam (rather shorter legs with an athletic torso).
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Rainbow_Warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am similar stature to you, I sized up to a Large for the TM with flat cockpit. You will be maxed out even on the large for flat cockpit stack. To your original question, you would need to buy the Aeria Riser kit from Profile Designs. This will enable you to go higher on the ML. Handling might be terrible.
https://profile-design.com/...ucts/aeria-riser-kit
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very helpful, this is what I was searching for, thanks. It is a bit of a PITA because with my current stack and reach numbers I might fit (with some tweaks) on a MS, ML or L. Maybe it would be wiser to look for another frame with a different geometry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone attempted to build this frame with EPS?

Does anyone think there is room in a small module to hide the EPS junction box? I notice AG2R haven’t yet bothered to hide their junction boxes. Thanks for any insights :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [trisport4all] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [trisport4all] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ill take a crack it

What Campy EPS you running?
I have Camp EPS on my Colnago C64 and its close to di2. I think the key would be getting the wire extensions. I would:
- mount the battery and the interface in the UCI rear seat post slot
- run your wire to the front and rear D/R.
- route this https://www.competitivecyclist.com/...s-v4-interface-cable thru your top tube thru the headset
- you might need 4 individual extension cables for the extensions and the bullhorns.

the issue I see is being able to get it to charge it without dismantling the bike. You might luck out with stuffing it all in the rear seat post slot.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
A few of you have asked me to develop a rear box for the BMC TM01. I finally located one locally to measure and test fit. Here is the production version on a small frame.

You can order yours here https://custombikexcessories.com/...ts/bmc-tm01-rear-box

I have 2 boxes available for immediate shipment, $185, normally $200. Shipping within the US is $15, International is $25.
Order it here:
https://custombikexcessories.com/...-VLB-FOR-MMD-BMC-TM0

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: May 10, 21 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I recently took ownership of a 2018 Time Machine02 model with Ultegra Di2. It's been a bit of a rocky start to the relationship in swapping the 3T Revo cockpit from my previous bike and getting that all rigged up which was a bit painful getting all the cables routed through the cockpit and to where they needed to be. What was the real icing on the cake was realising rather painfully 50m out of my driveway that the previous owner has cut the seat post right down and it must have been above (below?) minimum insertion and at the first bump, had the seat post fall out and we took a low speed tumble. No damage to me or the bike, just the pride and ego. So, we have a new seat post on the way to rectify that.

On the note of that, there was a lot of swearing and bruising of knuckles trying to get to the saddle clamp bolt up and underneath my Sitero saddle. Is there an easy way to do this or is it trying really hard to get a 13mm ratchet spanner under there and using 6 pairs of hands to hold the saddle exactly where it needs to be whilst it gets done up 2 clicks at a time?

Additionally, is there an option to upgrade to the integrated brake front fork from the 01 or am I stuck with having the brake caliper in the wind robbing me of 30s over a 90km course?

Thanks,
Ben
Last edited by: BNothling: May 10, 21 21:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BNothling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I have had similar issues with regards to adjusting the seat. If you have the latest sitero, the gap in the top of the saddle looks large enough to fit a socket through. That would be the easiest way to get to the bolt. If you have the old sitero, you are probably stuck doing what you are doing. If you leave the positioning of the seat until you have the bolt semi-tightened, then it won't move too much as you tighten to spec.

As for the fork, I don't think you can swap. The TM01 is a fully integrated front end, and the frame itself is different to accept it (like the brake booster box). The handlebars connect to the fork, so it is a completely different front end. The triRig omega brake would look nice on the front of your frame though!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rowleycd wrote:
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I have had similar issues with regards to adjusting the seat. If you have the latest sitero, the gap in the top of the saddle looks large enough to fit a socket through. That would be the easiest way to get to the bolt. If you have the old sitero, you are probably stuck doing what you are doing. If you leave the positioning of the seat until you have the bolt semi-tightened, then it won't move too much as you tighten to spec.

As for the fork, I don't think you can swap. The TM01 is a fully integrated front end, and the frame itself is different to accept it (like the brake booster box). The handlebars connect to the fork, so it is a completely different front end. The triRig omega brake would look nice on the front of your frame though!

Thanks for the info. I thought as much but just thought that I'd ask the collective.

I have the TriRig Omega front and rear on my Shiv but to be honest, they never really lived up to my expectations and will be for sale shortly. The Shimano brakes on the BMC feel great and really sharp and I'm tempted to leave them there. My disc wheel is a slightly different width to my sprint racing/training rear wheel so I'm not sure how I'm going to go swapping brake pads between carbon/aluminium brake track and 23/25mm rim width, but it should be all good if I rip the crank out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the Sitero (gen1) and this seat bolt really don't play well together.
Any ideas where I can buy a Gen2 (In Australia, by preference)

I should post up a pic of my TM01.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, just bought the TM01 disc a few months ago (size ML finally with triathlon cockpit) and happy with it.

I am thinking about my hydration setup for my first IM this summer and would be curious to know your choice on this topic.

Initially I wanted to keep the frame free and have two bottles behind the saddle and one between the arms. I currently use the zip tie solution as BTA with a standard bottle cage holder facing in the front, but I am not convinced. I use 750ml bottles and it's tricky to take them out and place them in again due to their length, and the zip ties are moving along the bars which is annoying. Maybe I will try a bottle holder opening sideways instead of a standard holder, or a dedicated BTA system, or maybe no BTA at all and put the bottle on the down tube.

Any advice welcome, thanks.
Last edited by: Rainbow_Warrior: May 13, 21 1:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For my seat (Bontrager Hilo Pro) that has narrow seat pads, I sourced a bolt the same size which also had a provision to use a hex key on the top of the bolt head. This allows me to either use a wrench/socket when access is available, or a hex key between the seat pads if access is too tight for other options. The solution has worked well thus far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is what I use in front between the bars:
https://profile-design.com/...ariant=1808715186202
I put a piece of gorilla tape on the four spots were the zip tie goes, it seems to have a little more to grab. I use an Xlab Chimp cage and a 750ml bottle and still have room to see my PC8.
in the rear I just use a one bottle carrier, nothing on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Guys,

Just but my BMC TM02 2017. At the moment it hast the profile design t2 Base bar and i maybe want to upgrade it into a Carbon Version. Do you have some ideas which one for a nice and lightweight solution?

I'm also looking for a aero toolbox, do you know one which costs not 200€ 😨

Thanks from Germany,

Hans
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To all BMC 01 Disc Owners:
Does anybody know why there are these 2 tiny holes in the seattube ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [EifelZiege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe those are the seat tube length clearance indicators. e.g. your seat tube needs to extend beyond those holes in the frame to ensure you have enough seat tube in the frame. One is for UCI legal setup and the other is for non-legal setup. At least that's what they are for on the TM02.
Quote Reply

Prev Next