Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get run dread too before every run and race dread before every race. I usually feel better about 30 seconds into the activity and then it starts to go away.

I think last year deep into the 100 days, my run dread started to decrease greatly before the activity. I'm hoping for the same this year to some extent.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to have some turmoil in your life—as many do right now. I’m glad you are finding some goals to focus on. You are a superb runner and obviously have talent to spare!

Find what makes you happy. Train for health and for fun. Run a mile race as fast as you can and say ‘I left it all out there’. The actual time doesn’t matter as much as the effort.

Glad to have you crushing the 100/100this year-keep it up.

Dale
Last edited by: dtoce: Nov 18, 20 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
Glad to have you crushing the 100/109 this year-keep it up.

Dale

Wait... Wut?
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4, Kitchen Creek, CA
Last edited by: coyote pelon: Nov 18, 20 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
day 1, Imperial Beach, CA
Last edited by: coyote pelon: Nov 18, 20 19:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of those guys eh?. I ran if -18C ..~0 F today so go screw yourself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
I get run dread too before every run and race dread before every race. I usually feel better about 30 seconds into the activity and then it starts to go away.

I think last year deep into the 100 days, my run dread started to decrease greatly before the activity. I'm hoping for the same this year to some extent.

Same here, although it has decreased as I've gotten older. I just finished up the Goggins 4x4x48 today for my 48th birthday (thus my "sprint" to the lead in the 100/100 challenge), and got to revisit those feelings of dread. I love the mental aspects of these challenges. Such a great opportunity to work on the mind!

Keep crushing it!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can get real slippery at below zero. It's good for you though. The head expels heat like a fireball and that improves blood flow.

My leg just came back together last week to mount an attempt at this one again. Rainy here though and getting wet feet.

Got a Bose bluetooth spkr, phone mount and 5G wifi in the garage for the treadmill. So all set up there!

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
I love the mental aspects of these challenges. Such a great opportunity to work on the mind!

Yes, like David Goggins said "callousing the mind." Its great training for me.

AKCrafty wrote:
Keep crushing it!

Thanks - you too! Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:

I forget where I picked these up but ...

"If you're not nervous, that means you don't care"
"It's you run; do what you want with it"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 19, 20 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh sure....take the screen grab before my run today, while I'm floundering down in 130th place! :-)

Yes, I'd noticed my special icon. Eric pointed it out back in the results from last year---before my early exit. Not that I recommend anyone earn that badge. I'm glad to be here and participating.

Though Dr. Toce is currently steeling the show!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am jealous of the places these runs are occurring. kitchen creek. up in the lagunas? it's a hike getting there. i hope you took your bike and did a little of both.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dtoce,

Your post is the kind of thing that really makes me appreciate this forum (thanks Dan!) and the community of athletes it contains - supportive, enthusiastic, and also funny - Looking at you for your post Mr. Hampton :)

Thanks!

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I forget where I picked these up but ...

"If you're not nervous, that means you don't care"

"It's your run; do what you want with it"

You’re right - thanks Randy

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [DrH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Zwift Running

We're going to really highlight this Challenge in our weekly Zwift runs. This is the year when this challenge and Zwift running really do complement each other.

Dan I can't get the running kit to work. I input the code and have access to the bike kit (see below) but the running kit is not available in my garage when running. Is there a different code?

Thanks

have you run in zwift? and the slowtwitch jersey colors don't populate on your body?

Yes I ran a couple of hours ago and I had a different kit on so I went into the garage to see if I needed to manually switch the kit and it's not there. This is the image captured by Zwift:

question. just to make sure, before i bother folks at zwift. our tech t - not that nor our cycling kit - is going to show up in a garage. you have to type P in a keyboard, and this brings up a text box for a team kit. you then type in SLOWTWITCH and our kit populates on your avatar. both running and cycling. at least, that's what's supposed to happen.

are you saying you did this, and our tech t isn't showing up on your avatar's bod?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Zwift Running

We're going to really highlight this Challenge in our weekly Zwift runs. This is the year when this challenge and Zwift running really do complement each other.

Dan I can't get the running kit to work. I input the code and have access to the bike kit (see below) but the running kit is not available in my garage when running. Is there a different code?

Thanks

have you run in zwift? and the slowtwitch jersey colors don't populate on your body?

Yes I ran a couple of hours ago and I had a different kit on so I went into the garage to see if I needed to manually switch the kit and it's not there. This is the image captured by Zwift:

question. just to make sure, before i bother folks at zwift. our tech t - not that nor our cycling kit - is going to show up in a garage. you have to type P in a keyboard, and this brings up a text box for a team kit. you then type in SLOWTWITCH and our kit populates on your avatar. both running and cycling. at least, that's what's supposed to happen.

are you saying you did this, and our tech t isn't showing up on your avatar's bod?

That is what I did. The running kit doesn't show up on my body or the garage. The cycling kit does show up in the garage and was also on my body, see the picture in this post https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7379654#p7379654
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mlawless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlawless wrote:
dtoce,

Your post is the kind of thing that really makes me appreciate this forum (thanks Dan!) and the community of athletes it contains - supportive, enthusiastic, and also funny - Looking at you for your post Mr. Hampton :)

Thanks!

Michael

thank you-that's very kind of you to say
the environment truly is supportive...occasionally funny...

;)

you noted Tom was all over me within seconds for my 'error'

*(oh, and Dan, I am also unable to obtain the ST run kit-but also do have the cycling jersey/kit)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lagunas ? yes. A great place. but no better than where you are. yes, rode my bike over to Campo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also get "Run Dred" about 75 % of the time. I also get "performance anxiety" before teaching a class and I read one time long ago that if you do not get at least a little anxiety before a "performance" you probably will not give your best performance, I relate the two: Run Dred & Performance Anxiety...they are very similar in mental reckoning. I also read in the book "The Perfect Mile" by Neal Bascomb, 2004, one of the three featured athletes in competition to break the four minute mile, said about his training runs, it is like starting up an old car...cranks hard and slow but once its running everything smooths out (my poor interpretation of actual statement). This scenario just stuck with me for the last few years since I read it, it's funny and descriptive of my attitude about the training run of the day. I picked up the book to find the exact quote, but I cannot find it quickly...I did find this quote which is also inspiring, on p110, begining of Chapter 9: "Whatever you can do, Or think that you can, begin it. Boldness has power, and genius, And magic in it." Goethe

Let's get out there and get today's run in! Happy Trails! and Happy Thanksgiving!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
you noted Tom was all over me within seconds for my 'error'

Like white on rice, buddy....white on rice. :-)

Maybe it wasn't an error? If you want to go for an extra 9 days...who I am to judge? Oh, yeah....I'm a blow-hard on the internet!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you that like an extra challenge I have decided to try an do this on Hard Mode (to take a page from video games)

All Outside runs
No run shorter than a 5k

Possible Nightmare Mode addition

No missed days till the end

Completion of either gets you the Platinum Achievement: Total Protonic Reversal
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
For those of you that like an extra challenge I have decided to try an do this on Hard Mode (to take a page from video games)

All Outside runs
No run shorter than a 5k

Possible Nightmare Mode addition

No missed days till the end

Completion of either gets you the Platinum Achievement: Total Protonic Reversal

Nice - I'll go for that too.

Bluestacks still has not recovered from his heroics (errrr) from last year.

Looking forward to it! Goal is 150 in 100 with no run shorter than 5...I don't do triathlons anymore, just run - so look forward to mingling with you fools once a year. Glad its earlier (and around the holidays!)

Hope everyone is well!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [andreakayms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andreakayms wrote:
I also get "Run Dred" about 75 % of the time. I also get "performance anxiety" before teaching a class and I read one time long ago that if you do not get at least a little anxiety before a "performance" you probably will not give your best performance, I relate the two: Run Dred & Performance Anxiety...they are very similar in mental reckoning. I also read in the book "The Perfect Mile" by Neal Bascomb, 2004, one of the three featured athletes in competition to break the four minute mile, said about his training runs, it is like starting up an old car...cranks hard and slow but once its running everything smooths out (my poor interpretation of actual statement). This scenario just stuck with me for the last few years since I read it, it's funny and descriptive of my attitude about the training run of the day. I picked up the book to find the exact quote, but I cannot find it quickly...I did find this quote which is also inspiring, on p110, begining of Chapter 9: "Whatever you can do, Or think that you can, begin it. Boldness has power, and genius, And magic in it." Goethe

Let's get out there and get today's run in! Happy Trails! and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Andrea. That’s a good quote. Cheers. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next