Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Donate to watch Challenge Daytona
Quote | Reply
I just donated, cannot wait for this event. It's a STACKED field. PTO has really helped out the pros so much this year, A LOT more than I can say about WTC!! I don't mind donating to help out.
I think it's whatever amount you want, there doesn't seem to be a lower limit. I like this idea.

Bring on the race!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's this about? Is there a link?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, what? I don't get the donation thing when they're offering over a million $$ in prize money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need some context, like a link to a website, otherwise no idea what you're talking about.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An email came through asking for donations for the "triathlon covid-19 relief fund". Basically states the broadcast is available for free, but you can donate whatever you think is appropriate in order to help those within the 'triathlon family who are most in need of help"
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
An email came through asking for donations for the "triathlon covid-19 relief fund". Basically states the broadcast is available for free, but you can donate whatever you think is appropriate in order to help those within the 'triathlon family who are most in need of help"

Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I didn't subscribed to the PTO's email list, and this also didn't come through on any USAT emails in the last day. According to this press release the donations are routed through the USAT Foundation...but when you go to the USAT Foundation website and click the link it sends you to the PTO website. What a horrible web designer. It's like cheap advertising...just give me that damned link!

Here's the press release:

https://www.endurancesportswire.com/usa-triathlon-foundation-partners-with-professional-triathletes-organisation-challenge-daytona-on-covid-19-triathlon-relief-fund/

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The USA Triathlon Foundation is a legit operation.

I Emceed a fund-raising Conference for them earlier in the year, that was stacked with all kinds of great speakers, presentations and content. We were pushing for donations throughout the Conference - which was essentially free, and they raised a good amount of money.

I'll also be Emceeing the Endurance Exchange Conference alongside Mike Reilly in January. Mike will be the Main Emcee, and I will moderate the panels and the breakout groups. My understanding is we will also be doing some Fund Raising during Endurance Exchange for the USA Triathlon Foundation.

As to the broadcast/streaming of the PTO Daytona Challenge race - I don't really know anything about it, who's involved, what the plans are, how broad a reach they are playing for. Having done an extensive amount of Live Stream Commentary work myself - I know the work that goes in to make these things great. It's not easy. I wish their team whoever is involved the best!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Nov 28, 20 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cementbottle and Fleck, I am on the fence on making a donation. On the one hand I applaud any organization trying to put on a race during these times and the athletes for hauling themselves into the middle of a hot zone for Covid19 to try to earn a living. On the other hand, my preference would be to "donate" by actually paying an entry fee to race to cross subsidize the pro race. I don't know if there is a revenue stream from pro triathlon coverage, but if anyone wants to invest in trying to make the show happen, this seems like a worthy thing to help support. So I will likely make a small donation, in the same way that I paid my flobike subscriptions for a year and never tried to cancel it once the pro tour races I wanted to watch were done.
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Cementbottle and Fleck, I am on the fence on making a donation. On the one hand I applaud any organization trying to put on a race during these times and the athletes for hauling themselves into the middle of a hot zone for Covid19 to try to earn a living. On the other hand, my preference would be to "donate" by actually paying an entry fee to race to cross subsidize the pro race. I don't know if there is a revenue stream from pro triathlon coverage, but if anyone wants to invest in trying to make the show happen, this seems like a worthy thing to help support. So I will likely make a small donation, in the same way that I paid my flobike subscriptions for a year and never tried to cancel it once the pro tour races I wanted to watch were done.

FYI - Yesterday, there were only 15 age group entries left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am excited to watch. I wish there would have been more donation options to watch the event. I saw that they had:

$0
$25
all the way up to $1000

I was willing to do like $10-$15 to watch the event. If I knew there was going to be more coverage or races I would be happy to sign up for an annual subscription at 10x the amount I listed above.

Also, I selected the $0 amount and it says that my access is "Expired". That being said, I am not sure I will be getting the stream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've donated should I be sent a link so I can watch
Quote Reply
Re: Donate to watch Challenge Daytona [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is there a specific dollar amount threshold that must be donated to be able to watch? Or is it any amount? It doesn't seem clear on the PTO website other than THIS language which sounds like donating is separate from watching but encouraged...... "While the broadcast is available at no cost, fans will have the opportunity to donate whatever they think is appropriate"

Curious since user Phunctional above posted that he selected $0 and it states "expired".

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Dec 2, 20 5:53
Quote Reply