Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay! Mistressk Pictures. My favorite part of the 100/100.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Zwift Running

We're going to really highlight this Challenge in our weekly Zwift runs. This is the year when this challenge and Zwift running really do complement each other.

Dan I can't get the running kit to work. I input the code and have access to the bike kit (see below) but the running kit is not available in my garage when running. Is there a different code?

Thanks

have you run in zwift? and the slowtwitch jersey colors don't populate on your body?

Yes I ran a couple of hours ago and I had a different kit on so I went into the garage to see if I needed to manually switch the kit and it's not there. This is the image captured by Zwift:
Last edited by: DrH: Nov 16, 20 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Yay! Mistressk Pictures. My favorite part of the 100/100.

This is the correct response

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else having issues getting the Slowtwitch run kit? I have the cycling kit but when I try to enter the SLOWTWITCH promo code it says the code is good but there is no kit in the garage like there is for cycling.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I was out there with you! My 2nd run had me in the 120k gust that knocked all the power out at 2:10pm. This challenge makes us do crazy things (as if I need more reasons!!) Keep the photos coming!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:
What the over/under on total runs by bluestacks867?

As well as over/under on number of day 1 runs for him?

Where is Bluestacks? And the former champ IntenseOne?
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see a familiar face doing the challenge! This is my first year, and first year back after two shoulder surgeries (still recovering from one, but cleared enough to run), so I'm sloooooowwwwwww. Using this challenge as a way to get motivated for 2021 and to regain some base fitness. I'm on the board now, hoping to double up on Saturdays and rest on Sundays!

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll be hearing about Bluestacks on the front page in the near future.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah! Welcome aboard.

I've said the last two years I was going to do it, and have just blown it both times (2018: swim focus, 2019: depression swallowed workouts for 6 or so months). Figured it was time to get it done.

Remember: the goal isn't that days run, it's to be ready for the next one. Low and slow is mostly the tempo.

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what I was intending - low and slow to build base and enjoy running again, maybe even lose a couple of pounds over the 100 days. Good luck to you!!

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone managed to get the Zwift kit code to work as described in the front page article? I redeemed the code a while back (before running) and have the cycling kit but even re-entering it doesn't give me the run kit.

EDIT: I see this is a common issue at the moment, I'll keep an eye out on here for any solution!

On a more positive note, 3 days in and 3 runs done!

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Last edited by: PrimalSteve: Nov 17, 20 0:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [PrimalSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 / 100 ->finally :-) that gives me motivation every single day. I hope winter will be good to us. Darkness, wet, cold are my enemies.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Adj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I (successfully!) completed this challenge last year and was rewarded with:

1) Much improved running form and conditioning!
2) Plantar fasciitis :(

The plantar problem is still hanging around but, at least for now, is manageable. I'm going to hop in this year and see how I feel - maybe aim for 70 runs instead of 100.

I'm a couple days late to the party because i didn't know the challenge had started - luckily I'm only one run behind at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [SJK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't have any sort of substantial run streak going on [just a couple days] so I took Monday off, as I usually do

If I need that run later, to make my goal, I'm sure I'll find it

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Adj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed about having something stupid for motivation haha!!!

14km run today. That brings my total up to 29 km in three days....almost averaging 10km per day on day three (I guess I have do the 100/100 obsessive thing and jog 1km doing laps around the pool parking lot tonight, not that I would do something like that LOL).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

I'm looking forward to this. He has set the bar super high.

Pretty impressive and it's not like this is something one can do EVERY year. Mucho kudos for the master-Bluestacks!

edited to add:
and EVERYONE loves the mistressK photos...but I've seen them all...year...long...

:)
Last edited by: dtoce: Nov 17, 20 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 for 3 so far. It's the best I've ever done in this damned thing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

this sounds ominous.
Bstacks in jail?..
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just signed up with Ms Shady..aka ..'hotMommy'
3 days/3 runs..
Gonna pop off 100/100 if it kills me
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
and EVERYONE loves the mistressK photos...but I've seen them all...year...long...

Yeah, good point

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got chased by a local gang of wild turkeys on my run today. Tried filming it but could only get 7 seconds as they started to pick up speed and i had to flee. Not sure how to upload videos on Slowtwitch but here hopefully is a screengrab

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today 1 easy hour, after some cycling. Now I know, Christmas is just around the corner!

Last edited by: Adj: Nov 18, 20 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Got chased by a local gang of wild turkeys on my run today. Tried filming it but could only get 7 seconds as they started to pick up speed and i had to flee. Not sure how to upload videos on Slowtwitch but here hopefully is a screengrab

I've made my feelings about wild turkeys pretty clear around here

"Wild turkeys are not much more than Hobo Peacocks. Stupid, ugly and mean. Even the babies are ugly as fuck.

Conversely, peacocks are shiny, blue, glammed-out wild turkeys"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:

I've made my feelings about wild turkeys pretty clear around here

"Wild turkeys are not much more than Hobo Peacocks. Stupid, ugly and mean. Even the babies are ugly as fuck.

Conversely, peacocks are shiny, blue, glammed-out wild turkeys"

I was seriously scared for a couple of moments. I've had to punch a Canada Goose before on a run, but I was seriously outnumbered today.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year’s 100/100 has been off to a good start for me. I’ve been through a lot of changes in training and running in the past year.

Last year’s 100/100 brought me run legs that I have never had before. I did a couple of years of HS XC and a semester of college XC, but never had trained so consistently before the 100/100.

I came off of last year’s challenge ready to run my first open 26.2, but it was cancelled by corona. I was hoping for 6:45/mi and a BQ. I did a speedwork week at 6:20 avg before the race and felt fully trained for them to cancel it the Thursday before.

I did run a 13.1 (2.62mi x 5) race in the heat in summer and managed to get 4th overall and 3rd male overall.

In August 2020, a series of events including my parents cat going missing led me to binge drinking. For two weeks in August, I drank a lot of vodka. I wasn’t training. I was eating a ton. I went from 185lbs to 200lbs and later in August went about getting back into shape.

I was really out of shape. 10-12min paced running was challenging for me, my Garmin said -15 performance, which probably was about right. On the bike (indoor), I had no capacity for volume and felt slow.

I have clawed my way back to getting in shape and was at 190lbs this morning. I’m in good shape on the bike now and am pretty strong in running. I’m definitely a better runner now versus last year’s challenge. I have evolved, regressed, and come back to a level higher than before.

Now, as far as racing for me, my friend is doing a 1mi race on Dec 19 in Jacksonville FL which is 4hrs from me and she is going for 4:59 and I’m thinking about going for 4:59 too, but also am not sure if I want to do this race as I view all the race logistics as a PITA. Her PR is 5:10 mile and 2:45 26.2 - she is a strong runner. My PR is only 5:18, so 4:59 would be a nice race for me. I don’t have any PRs this year so the allure of getting a PR is there for me.

My next tri is Augusta Sept 2020 and also using this training as a run base for Augusta where I am shooting for a 7:00 pace 13.1 in the 70.3.

Happy Running -

I miss seeing bluestacks climb the charts like last year.

Cheers

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Nov 18, 20 18:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next