Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if its weird, but:

a week or so ago, it had rained the entire previous day. I woke up and was waiting for rain to stop...but it just wouldn't. So I decided to just go. It was warm and the "rain" was more like a mist, so quite comfortable.

About 2miles in, the sky opened up and it was POURING. For most of the rest of the run it alternated between steady rain and downpour. Anyways, somewhere between mile 3 and mile 4, there was a guy in full rain gear...galoshes and everything...mowing his lawn. There were "tracks" and mud-streaks where the mower tires made a path. It wasn't like it was a surprise rain event...it had been raining for about 24hrs at that point.

I wonder if he thought I was weird for running in a downpour?
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OCD can be a terrible thing: If Saturday is the day to cut the lawn, and no other day will do, then it's gotta be done, no matter what the conditions

Poor dude could've been having a serious panic attack in the house, waiting for the rain to break, and just couldn't handle it anymore

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Christmas decorations are going up

Halloween was just over two weeks ago and Thanksgiving is still ten days away

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [maxbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple months ago I was planning to go on a ride with a group of friends. It was going to be casual so I decided to go out for some hard miles prior to the meet up. About halfway through my solo ride, I spotted a cell phone laying on the side of the road. I have found several before and they are always toasted so I’m not sure why I even stopped in this case. I picked it up and sure enough it looked as if 20 cars had ran it over before finally getting kicked into the shoulder. Having now picked it up, I felt guilty about throwing it back on the road so I stuffed it into my back jersey pocket to dispose of later.

A half hour later I met my friends who were waiting for me and one other guy. We waited another ten minutes for the other guy (now late) before texting and calling him. No response. After another 10 minutes, he finally arrives. Of course the group launches in to some good natured heckling about calling and texting him to no avail. He snaps back how he would have loved to answer but the previous day he had left his phone on the top of his car and drove off. Remembering that I still had the destroyed phone in my pocket I jokingly tell him that he is in luck because I had just found him a new one. I pulled it from my pocket and as I held the phone in front of him, his eyes got wide as he took it from me. After a couple moments of inspecting, he exclaims that it was his phone! Apparently, he had left it on his car at a garden center about a quarter mile down the road from where I found it. It was at the first turn he would had made that must have sent it sliding off his car.

Of course the phone was beyond repair so the only happy ending to the story is he was able to salvage the SIM card and retain all his contacts.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RonMar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. Wow, what are the chances that someone he knew randomly picked it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a run through my neighborhood as it was getting dark I felt like someone was watching me and I turned my head and there was a kid (maybe like 12 years old) hiding in a tree. I laughed and waived and he didn't acknowledge me. Turned out later from the neighborhood Facebook group that he was hiding from the police.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw a roadie (voluntarily) drafting like a *** on the bike leg of steelhead 70.3 2019. He also had his iphone and was taking selfies/videos/snapchat.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think someone in our neighborhood has a smoke detector in their garage which desperately needs its battery changed

Whenever I've been outside, I've been hearing that telltale chirp! for a week or more, and have no idea where it's coming from

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a tweet the other day that I thought would fit right in to our little thread here

Quote:
@StevilKinevil
Any time I see an empty Magnum box on the street, I say a little prayer.

I think I'm gonna do that as well, from now on

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a medium sized Animal Skeleton on Saturdays ride in the country (Chesapeake, VA).

Earlier in the Blackwater section of VA Beach we had a Red Llama walk right over to us for pictures, then as we were leaving it looked at us like "hey guys where are you going"?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know how they will set traffic cones in front of gas pumps that are not available at the moment?

I saw a kid walking through the Wawa lot, in his very fireman looking safety jacket [black with hi-viz reflective neon yellow strips], with a large orange traffic cone on his head

He looked like a tall, slim, Garden Gnome

I guess he was bored?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMFL on the bike course.

A pair of male triathletes peeing up against the fence on the side of the road. They were right night to each other even though there were hundreds of feet of fence.

An obvious drafting violation!

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
linhardt wrote:
IMFL on the bike course.

A pair of male triathletes peeing up against the fence on the side of the road. They were right night to each other even though there were hundreds of feet of fence.

An obvious drafting violation!

Nah, they were just o|ick measuring.

This thread has become stale.
Last couple ones were just the new normal.
Such as seeing another deer getting killed by a car the other morning.
Couple hundred yards in front of me.
Car was probably going 45, but launched the 150lbs animal about 20 ft up and 100ft wide.
Imagined that being a cyclist....
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Hosted] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What city/town was this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work graveyards in a sketchy part of town, so I've seen some weird stuff either commuting by bike or training at some odd hour of the night because I can't sleep.
Mostly sad, but a couple of funny moments were finding a discarded pair of matching adult-sized ketchup and mustard Halloween costumes, and also my partner passed out in a park at 2am. Checked my messages the next morning and he'd apparently called to ask me to pick him up earlier in the night, but he was so far gone that instead of saying where he was, he was just describing the appearance of the parked cars nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [krampus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A really belly-fat triathlete. His belly was resting on the top tube and his aerobars were well above saddle level.
First thought was that he shouldn’t be on a Tri bike, but on second thought it is the perfect bike for him:
Supporting the belly and taking weight off the shoulders and arms.

Seen him a couple times now and he’d probably be miserable on a road bike.
If I were him, I’d just like him to lose the semi-transparent (as stretched to the max) skin suit....
Last edited by: windschatten: May 14, 21 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small sailboat-sized boat trailer attached - somehow - to a riding mower

Boat was sailing nicely upon the lake, so I guess it worked out fine

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQW03jbHYCG/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've all seen more than our share of roadkill. We have also seen our share of snakes crossing the road, but have you seen both at the same time?

I was doing an interval workout with the wind at my back, so it all passed by in a flash. I saw a house-cat, or cat sized animal, entwined in a ball with a snake. Both had been run over multiple times by cars.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my lifetime, I've seen a fair number of grown people splashing in city fountains before, but I don't recall ever seeing someone stand on the edge in a "Starting Block" position and dive in like they were participating their own private swim meet

Thankfully, his form was such that he didn't "penetrate" the surface as much as he kinda skipped across it like a stone, or in a stretched-out belly flop; otherwise emergency personnel may have been required on the scene

When he was done, he walked away with his bike and out of the park, dripping and sloshing the whole way [he didn't bring a towel with him, apparently]

I then noticed that his seat was WAY too high

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other news, the driver of today's Amazon delivery truck was absolutely stunning

I guess heaving those packages all day produces some serious fitness

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a mature couple completely naked in their van having a chat in the darkness. dont know if it was a pre or a post chat. i assume was pre as they were not smoking :D

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy exited the local liquor store and cracked open his single Coors Light tall boy before the bell on the door even started ringing

He quickly downed it and without missing a step, he tossed the empty can into the back of his truck, hopped in and drove away [he'd left the engine running]; the choreography was impeccable

I'd never seen something like that --- at 10AM --- on a Sunday Morning

"The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had another one for dessert"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One a trail I wasn't familiar with, I saw a bright white shape off to the side out of the corner of my eye as I passed

I stopped & turned around immediately to investigate

It was about four and a half feet long, maybe two and a half wide; one end was rectangular with rounded corners, the other end was a semi-circle, all protruding from the ground an inch and a half or so

It was a bathtub - sunk/buried in the ground and filled in with dirt so that only the rim was exposed

A few feet away was a pipe, sticking up about a foot - I guess that's where the sink was?

As I stated wondering "was there a house here at one time? In the middle of the woods?" I started getting that feeling I get when I experience a haunted house, so I stepped away, shook it off, and got going again

Last edited by: RandMart: Jun 19, 22 5:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing really weird but today I ran over a cat with the TT bike. The cat decided to turn around and got between my wheels.

I don't know how but I didn't fall down. Today was my lucky day
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's the cat?

I have a story about a bird getting crunched back in this thread

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6435555#p6435555

Quote Reply

Prev Next