Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
lol yeah the 3rd run was hard. Each run also I have to go down stairs from the third floor and over to another building and up stairs to the 2nd floor to get to the treadmill, so that’s basically my warmup and cooldown.

Before the 3rd run I got hit with hunger strike and ate a bunch of stuff and felt slightly sluggish in the run, but was probably a few pounds heavier.

I came back to my place intending to do a 4th but ended up falling asleep and now am trying to get going again and get some more in today. I feel pretty fresh right now. Not sure how many more I can crank out today. I also don’t know what speed. I have been starting at 9.0mph and might just try starting there again with a max of 9.5mph.

OK good to see some solid 100/100 day 1 stories...I would recommend a yoga mat and just lie down for 45 min after each tun and then get on a spin bike in the gym for 10 min before starting subequent runs.

By the way, the reason for the 60 min separation was theoretically so you can fit in a 1 hrs 40km bike ITT or a 1 hrs IM swim leg....so the rather arbitrary 1 hrs has an athletic conversion to it. Nice work cranking these out at 9.3mph!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Realistically, I'm shooting for 80/100. But I'm starting off as if I can do all 100.

All this Zwift racing I've been doing has done wonders for my running, though. It's been over a year since I've really enjoyed going for runs.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
All this Zwift racing I've been doing has done wonders for my running

Yeah agreed

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said Dev.

Funny thing how this can motivate others. I finally managed to finish my 100 last year. Despite my family and office mates thinking I was NUTS, they're now thinking that maybe this year they should do some form of this after seeing it was possible to run every day, sometimes twice, and it won't kill you. I think that's a positive.

Good luck to all! May your legs be tough and your recoveries swift. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [WIAlan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WIAlan wrote:
Eric:

How often does the Leaderboard update from my activity list? Just curious as I have a run in my activity list but I am listed as having 0 in the challenge.

ars

Hey, Alan. It's immediate. If a workout isn't showing, it doesn't qualify for some reason. If you tell me which one it is, I can tell you precisely why not.

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The structure of this challenge is challenging. I remember stacking workouts from last year. It’s challenging psychologically.

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have seen the Challenge for a couple of years now. This is the first time I have signed up. Coming off of a Stem Cell transplant in January of this year. Still doing oral chemo every month and need some motivation to get out and be active again. I would like to hit 80/100 this time. Thanks for setting this up and helping me stay accountable
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Needed some extra motivation lately, so glad to see this come up. Slightly ideal as I'm in the final build up to a marathon, but will need to take some downtime with in this 100 day window, so hopefully can still hit 100 runs with the downtime as well.

Think last time I participated in this was 2013/2014 while deployed, and it was good motivation then as well!

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daughter tested positive for Covid so I just started a quarantine - perfect timing to bank a few for the inevitable injury or illness later on. This is my 3rd or 4th year and making the first page of the leader board gets tougher each year... not that it's a competition or anything!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only three of my four runs posted today😞
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric:
From my read of the instructions, it appears that we need to hit the Strava Sync button to initiate the reads.
Is this correct or do you do a scan of everyone's Strava file at some point, like once a day?
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [starison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
starison wrote:
Eric:
From my read of the instructions, it appears that we need to hit the Strava Sync button to initiate the reads.
Is this correct or do you do a scan of everyone's Strava file at some point, like once a day?

At this point it isn't done automatically. It's when you hit "synchronize".

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [starison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
starison wrote:
Eric:

As far as I can tell it doesn't have that functionality, but this would be great to have! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One down! I’m realistically targeting 70, but I’m going to get out the gate as well as possible to make it on 100.

I do have a couple things I’d like to hear about from 100/100 vets.
1. Does anybody have any great experiences to share about their fitness gains from prior 100/100s? Maybe someone has a prior lack of consistency helped along by the challenge. I’m more a bike racer, and I’ve only ever done about 30 miles in a week. I’ve never actually managed a consistent 3+ weeks of running. I generally end up with some pretty poor weeks of 1-2 runs between solid weeks, but I’m excited to see what I can do with the consistency.
2. If you have recommendations about making this all work with long runs, I’d love to hear them! IMTX in April is my big goal, and I want to be as prepared as possible for the mileage there, so I think long runs towards the latter half of the challenge are going to be a necessity, even at risk of taking a couple days off to recover.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mitchellgsides wrote:
One down! I’m realistically targeting 70, but I’m going to get out the gate as well as possible to make it on 100.

I do have a couple things I’d like to hear about from 100/100 vets.
1. Does anybody have any great experiences to share about their fitness gains from prior 100/100s? Maybe someone has a prior lack of consistency helped along by the challenge. I’m more a bike racer, and I’ve only ever done about 30 miles in a week. I’ve never actually managed a consistent 3+ weeks of running. I generally end up with some pretty poor weeks of 1-2 runs between solid weeks, but I’m excited to see what I can do with the consistency.
2. If you have recommendations about making this all work with long runs, I’d love to hear them! IMTX in April is my big goal, and I want to be as prepared as possible for the mileage there, so I think long runs towards the latter half of the challenge are going to be a necessity, even at risk of taking a couple days off to recover.

I've used this challenge for 3-4 years in prep for Texas. Even though I doubt you will find many coaches who would recommend the approach of 1-2 30 minute runs per day during IM training, it worked for me. Mainly because I live in a miserable place for outdoor running during the winter months and this gave me the motivation to get on the treadmill when I could easily skip since treadmills are dreadful.

I've banked extra runs by doing two a days early in the challenge which allowed me to start adding the longer runs later in the challenge as the race approaches. My fitness has always been strong at the end of this challenge. but I must admit I'm a strong runner so this may not be applicable if this is a tough discipline.

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric:

It picked up my run from today but my run from yesterday is not on the list. The missing run is dated 11/14 at 10:33 pm, 3.32 miles, 27:08 minutes on Zwift. It was initially listed as Treadmill but I changed it to Running to see if that made a difference but no joy. Today's run was pretty much the same, but 3.58 miles 30:07 minutes also on Zwift. This one is still listed as a Treadmill activity.

ars

Alan Stewart
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [WIAlan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The challenge didn’t start until 11/15 at 12am

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in with a whimper, by the skin of my teeth. I overworked my knee last week. I'm rebuilding and expanding our deck by the pool. Too many deep knee bends climbing around the structure, pissed off my patellar tendons...I've Spent the last week nursing it just to squeak by with 3mi today.

Felt ok... Tomorrow will be to real test.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomkR wrote:
starison wrote:
Eric:

As far as I can tell it doesn't have that functionality, but this would be great to have! :)

Going from manual entry to a Strava synchronize button was the technological equivalent of going from a Commodore 64 w/ dial up to a MacBook Pro w/ wifi. Really. An automatic daily scan and upload would be like fast forwarding to a flying Tesla car w/ autopilot that can commute to Mars. Not gonna happen in this lifetime. I'm happy with my Apple laptop/ Strava sync button!! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! For some reason I had it my head it started on Saturday. Helps when you read the rules more closely.

Nevermind. Nothing to see here.

Alan Stewart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Leavitt wrote:
What the over/under on total runs by bluestacks867?

As well as over/under on number of day 1 runs for him?

9 on day-1. 570 total.

He's lacing up as we speak.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 2 was a typical 100/100 day in that I would have never run without this challenge as I was up super late for work related proposal items and then on conf calls from 5:30 am till just before lunch (with Asia and Europe). In any case, I went for my swim (4000m) and it was crazy windy and cold, but because of the challenge tacked on a 7km run afterwards. So two runs that otherwise would never happen without the challenge. Whose idea was this stupid thing !!!! I thought I was retired from this after 2015 when I could not run, but this is turning out a bit like Hotel California (you can check out any time you like but you can never leave....)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Zwift Running

We're going to really highlight this Challenge in our weekly Zwift runs. This is the year when this challenge and Zwift running really do complement each other.

Dan I can't get the running kit to work. I input the code and have access to the bike kit (see below) but the running kit is not available in my garage when running. Is there a different code?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 1 was, in typical 100/100 fashion, heckin' awful.

Rain. Winds at 50kph+ and rising, with gusts predicted over 100kph.

I was nearly struck by lightning, narrowly avoided being hit by falling trees, and just made it back to my car before a gust of wind that sounded like a freight train hit. Was so powerful my mum called to tell me about it, after it hit her place...75km away.

But hey, at least the rain got the little seasonal fall flowing - I only get to see this a handful of times per year.

..and the second run was a point-to-point, downwind.

Quote | Reply
DrH wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Zwift Running

We're going to really highlight this Challenge in our weekly Zwift runs. This is the year when this challenge and Zwift running really do complement each other.

Dan I can't get the running kit to work. I input the code and have access to the bike kit (see below) but the running kit is not available in my garage when running. Is there a different code?

Thanks

have you run in zwift? and the slowtwitch jersey colors don't populate on your body?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next