Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Arizona [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
How is this different than every day life? The vulnerable are always vulnerable. We don’t change societal norms any other time.

I see no correlation between me racing (I deem near zero risk - we might differ there) and causing others to die. If I felt I’d cause others dire harm, I wouldn’t want to race (like in March when we didn’t know as much as we do now, I’d hold my breath as I ran/walked by anyone).

The vulnerable that I know are truly locked down or just don’t care and ok with getting it.

I’m not trying to get it. I don’t want it but I don’t see the connection. I’m also not losing sleep over not racing. There are bigger problems for sure!

I put not racing in the large bucket of illogical things we live with every day. Other examples: closing the pool every 45min to disinfect a body of disinfectant; our interstate junction in Jacksonville where you have to go south to go north and north to go south (unless of course you don’t then you can go north/north, south/south). Lots of things boggle my mind. Not racing is one of them.

I honestly don't think they're worried about dangers during the act of racing whatsoever. We triathletes are generally spaced quite well and outdoors during the race.

It's all the NON-racing stuff that causes problems. All the stuff you pay for but otherwise don't worry about because they take care of it for you. Meetings to plan the route, meetings to train the volunteers, meetings before the race for all athletes for safety, etc. If it were just show up race and no meetings involved, it would be quite safe for everyone. But someone's gotta do the logistical work.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you'd like, let's take this to the LR and leave this thread to be about IM AZ (not blaming you for digressing, I did it too).
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
If you'd like, let's take this to the LR and leave this thread to be about IM AZ (not blaming you for digressing, I did it too).

So what’s the date of the race in 2021 ?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Valid point - those are valid considerations that I hadn't thought much about. However for IMAZ, wasn't that already done?

But like Trail says, I'm digressing. I'll end by saying the best thing for our sport was IMFL, I think, as it'll be a baseline that races can happen and not kill people.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it’s November 21st.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [BongChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.tempe.gov/Home/Components/News/News/15641/1414

Straight from the horse's mouth, here's a link to the the city of Tempe's press release. I had figured it was ironman corporate pulling the plug, maybe out of an abundance of caution, maybe to avoid bad PR. But it seems now like it was Tempe's call.

Quote:
With increasing case numbers locally, and given that many Ironman Arizona athletes would be flying and driving to Tempe from other places, the city’s Special Events Task Force could not support issuing a permit for this year’s full Ironman event.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman was always going to run the race if they had a permit.

However, I can tell you that nothing has changed on the ground here and doubt it will. Tempe is in dire need of tax receipts especially since this town just passed half a billion in bonds.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always the weekend before thanksgiving.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else getting numerous emails from WTC about registering for deferred 2021 IMAZ, yet you've already deferred to another race? I deferred from IMAZ 2020 to IMFL 2021, but I've gotten 3 emails in the last few days/weeks asking me to complete my registration for IMAZ 2021. I have the confirmation from IMFL that I'm fully registered for that race.

I imagine WTC just has their distribution lists crossed, but figured I'd check around. If I'm the only one getting these, I'd probably want to email them back and say WTF.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish they'd send me one. I asked to transfer to IM Arizona 2021 and have heard nothing!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, just the one.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next