Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I'm on day 774 of my running streak, although not all in that streak meet this challenge requirements. I have two 1 mile runs the day after marathons and a couple other 2 mile runs but other than that they are pretty much all 3 miles+. For the next 100 days I'll be doing 3+ miles and likely 30 min per day. I've never been running better than during this last couple years.

Also, I would be interested in the Garmin integration. I had to set up a Strava account for just this pretty much. I'm not one for social media for the most part.
Last edited by: N Bluth: Nov 14, 20 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [BigManShuffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes very excited. T minus 7 hours. Letsss goooooo!!!!!!!!!! :P

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the '30 min or 3 miles minimum' rule - if you hit the 30 min but go shorter than 3 miles, does that count? I can easily see being slower than that, especially if I'm running/jogging in snowshoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And we're off... https://training.slowtwitch.com/...enges/leaderboard/22

Good luck everyone, this will be fun!
Last edited by: slow_bob: Nov 14, 20 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
So the '30 min or 3 miles minimum' rule - if you hit the 30 min but go shorter than 3 miles, does that count? I can easily see being slower than that, especially if I'm running/jogging in snowshoes.

Yeah 30min counts

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m ready to start this thing!

Ciao
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I learned my lesson last year where I got sick on the final day and so only ended up with 99! I will bank a day or two before the last week this time. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in and looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 beers and well timed email from Slowman and I’m in. 1st timer! I need this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [dominator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to this, always amazing to see the efforts put out! Made 75 runs last year, looking to get a little closer to 100 this year. My wife gives me a little bit of a hard time and laughs at me about doing this challenge, then she is the one that everyday asks about me getting a run in. 100 here I come :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
I’m ready to start this thing!

Ciao

What's the over/under in Vegas for Bluestack hitting 20 runs on day one?

Edit: The vegas guys can do better math than me....OK what's the over/under of Bluestack hitting 16 runs on day one (the max per day)
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 14, 20 20:45
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, respect to justjeff07 for his 35hour run: start as you mean to go on!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started off a bit early - will do my 14th straight day today. I intend to keep on doing daily runs as long as I’m working from home due to coronavirus restrictions.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [StaffanS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Treated my knees do a run on soft gravel dust trails instead of the usual concrete sidewalk run. good luck everyone.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I've been gone from Slowtwitch land for a long time, coming back to it now post-divorce. Decided to join the 100/100 to see if the social commitment bond encourages me to run frequently enough this winter to not get injured from running next year like always seems to happen when I ramp up for something.

FYI for those asking about Garmin integration-- I created a Strava account and linked it with my Garmin account. Slowtwitch's Training Log pulled in the data from Garmin via Strava just fine. I'd rather not have to do this; I'm a bit of an online privacy zealot and Strava has already been pushing me to enter more and more personal data.

I didn't read Dan's email carefully enough and thought the 100/100 Challenge started when I got the email. I found myself running behind yesterday and finally managed a treadmill run at 8PM...
Last edited by: Tom Fort: Nov 15, 20 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AND I'M ON THE BOARD! Best showing since 2013 here.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom Fort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Fort wrote:
FYI for those asking about Garmin integration-- I created a Strava account and linked it with my Garmin account. Slowtwitch's Training Log pulled in the data from Garmin via Strava just fine. I'd rather not have to do this; I'm a bit of an online privacy zealot and Strava has already been pushing me to enter more and more personal data.

You can also enter your data in the training log manually and ditch the Strava, if you care to

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric:

How often does the Leaderboard update from my activity list? Just curious as I have a run in my activity list but I am listed as having 0 in the challenge.

ars

Alan Stewart
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing less than 100 from you is acceptable. If you get to 99, both your mancard and your ST accounts will be confiscated!!!

OK OK. First run was a typical 100/100. I did a 3000m swim in my 60 min swim slot and it was crazy windy and just under 0 C. I had exactly zero plans to run after the swim and then I realize it is the first day of 100/100. I did not even have proper gear as I came to swim in my jeans with swimsuit on underneath, but after showering, I realized that I had an extra pair of jammers and I did come with running shoes.

So I put on the dry jammers, running shoes, T shirt and winter jacket dropped my bag in the car and headed off for a 30 min run in the trails looking completely goofy, with no tights, gloves, hat nor socks....just running shoes, jammers, T shirt and and a winter jacket. 42 min and 8km later, run number 1 is done. So reminder, I need to leave extra gloves, hat, tights, running shoes, thermal top in my car in the event that I have an opportunity to cram in a 30 min run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey plantbased, did you actually run three runs of 3 miles exactly split apart by 60 minutes each at 3:59 per kilometer? Or did you do a single run that was 9 miles exactly and log it as three. Note that you need a 60 minutes separation between discrete runs. You can't just keep running and count each 3 mile segment as a second, third and then 10th run after running 30 miles.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by coyote pelon [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Hey plantbased, did you actually run three runs of 3 miles exactly split apart by 60 minutes each at 3:59 per kilometer? Or did you do a single run that was 9 miles exactly and log it as three. Note that you need a 60 minutes separation between discrete runs. You can't just keep running and count each 3 mile segment as a second, third and then 10th run after running 30 miles.

Click on my Strava - I waited 60min.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Click on my Strava - I waited 60min.

OK I am not on strava, but thanks for following the theme. Just seeing that it seemed like something that may have been a continuous run. It must have been hard doing the third run after sitting around (or did you ride in between or swim in between).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol yeah the 3rd run was hard. Each run also I have to go down stairs from the third floor and over to another building and up stairs to the 2nd floor to get to the treadmill, so that’s basically my warmup and cooldown.

Before the 3rd run I got hit with hunger strike and ate a bunch of stuff and felt slightly sluggish in the run, but was probably a few pounds heavier.

I came back to my place intending to do a 4th but ended up falling asleep and now am trying to get going again and get some more in today. I feel pretty fresh right now. Not sure how many more I can crank out today. I also don’t know what speed. I have been starting at 9.0mph and might just try starting there again with a max of 9.5mph.

Quote Reply

Prev Next