Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame seems kinda different than the current one. Front end also (small "Y").

https://www.instagram.com/...2439427321553586498/
Last edited by: Rainbow_Warrior: Nov 10, 20 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders got a new video premiere on the 17th November, titled the best, better. Reckon that’ll be about the new launch.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lauch will be with GTN next Tuesday (17th) at 11:00 CET it seems (like Aeroad launch with GCN).

Bad timing for me, I'll be stuck in a conference call for work
Last edited by: Rainbow_Warrior: Nov 10, 20 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rainbow_Warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just seen Jans IG story... that’s a pretty good look at it there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of bummed if it loses integrated water. Maybe it'll have an internal bladder or something.

But I always loved how well the front end was integrated on the Canyons.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure would be terrible if all those aero gains from the new design get negated by everyone's various hydration solutions

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes it is
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
Sort of bummed if it loses integrated water. Maybe it'll have an internal bladder or something.

But I always loved how well the front end was integrated on the Canyons.

Exactly! Loved the design and look of the old speedmax! Only reason i don't own one is because they dont make it in XL (CFSLX that is). Was hoping the disc version would come in XL or just better geometry on the L, but it looks different now without hydration in the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not a fan of an integrated bottle. Just give me the ability to mount a standard bottle cage so I can run a regular bottle.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, but then the question is what is there going to be that makes this bike special. Right now it's shaping up to be a lot like the Orbea or any other disc frame with a limited adjustability monopost and some semi usefully integration. I'm sure there's something special, but it would seem they're hiding it well so far it so.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think some mfg's have over thought, over engineered, and just made things way more complicated in the effort to create something "special".

Keep it simple and check all the boxes (aesthetics, aero, adjustability, storage, travel).

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I’m not a fan of an integrated bottle. Just give me the ability to mount a standard bottle cage so I can run a regular bottle.

Unfortunately I’ve become the opposite. I’ve narrowed in my elbows so that a BTA is uncomfortable as my arms are slammed into it. It’s why I ended up with an Aeria hydration system in the front.

So the Canyon and old Plasma were high on my list for when I got a new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quickly stitched together some screenshots from the instagram video. It seems like a massive downtube and a "interestingly" shaped top tube. I guess you could easily hide a reservoir in the downtube.

edit: Made the image a bit brighter.
Last edited by: JE: Nov 11, 20 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love integrated bottles like the 'old' canyon or the plasma ones..

speakin of canyon this systems are only for the more expensive models...not for me unfortunatelly .

i'm going to buy a canyon for my 2021 season (hopin for a 2021 season)..but my budget is something between 3000 and 3500 Euros. Maybe discs too will only be avaiable for mid/high end models
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is....? provide us with your exclusive information!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [frantona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy my first TT bike, the new Speedmax might be the one.

A question as regards BTA vs. integrated hydration (my gut feeling being that the new Speedmax has hydration in the frame): isn't it more complicated to clean the integrated hydration solution than an "almost" normal bottle placed BTA? I am thinking at the Shiv or the "old" Speedmax.

What is your experience so far?

This could decide me going for a P5 or a BMC TM01 instead of the new Speedmax
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [frantona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing is a rocket!

After taking it out of the box and riding around the parking lot lionels first words when he rolled up was “I’m going to f$@in destroy these guys”. Night and day difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
stevej wrote:

Unfortunately I’ve become the opposite. I’ve narrowed in my elbows so that a BTA is uncomfortable as my arms are slammed into it. It’s why I ended up with an Aeria hydration system in the front.

So the Canyon and old Plasma were high on my list for when I got a new bike.

Yeah I get it. Everyone's needs are different. If there was an option where you could do either/or, I think that would satisfy everyone.

Jan runs a pretty narrow pad setup. It will be interesting to see what his setup will be if there isn't an integrated bottle upfront.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
The thing is a rocket!

After taking it out of the box and riding around the parking lot lionels first words when he rolled up was “I’m going to f$@in destroy these guys”. Night and day difference.

Love it - you go out and chasing your dreams lucky bastard!!!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I think some mfg's have over thought, over engineered, and just made things way more complicated in the effort to create something "special".

Keep it simple and check all the boxes (aesthetics, aero, adjustability, storage, travel).

IMO there’s still low-hanging fruit to be had with comfort. With some thought, you can “hide” round bottles from the wind on the DT and ST (similar to what BMC did with their last aero road bike) and, let’s face it, round bottles are just very convenient and having them in the DT/ST area is very convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marketing BS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will see..............
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [JE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like a fat Trek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, the Giant Trinity offers this. The nosecone bottle is neatly integrated but can be removed without negative impact.

Maybe they've gone the TriRig way and created a set of interfaces for whatever you need, that keep things in optimal locations and positions.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
stevej wrote:

IMO there’s still low-hanging fruit to be had with comfort. With some thought, you can “hide” round bottles from the wind on the DT and ST (similar to what BMC did with their last aero road bike) and, let’s face it, round bottles are just very convenient and having them in the DT/ST area is very convenient.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the comfort low-hanging fruit.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next