Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

double bike worout in a day
Quote | Reply
what are the pros/cons of doubling up on a bike workout in one day -- an AM workout and a PM workout. I am thinking of working this into my plan as a way to fit in more bike time...main reasons for me doing it are that I miss some planned bike w/outs because of life getting in the way and I feel like I need to add the time in. I would do this in place of one short run. This would be done in coodination with the early stages of base training for a 1/2 IM. FYI -- My number one goal this season is too improve the bike splits. I am a good swimmer and the run is my strong point. My current weekly w/o schedule is something like this: swim 2 time week w/masters (will increase to 3 soon), 2 - 3 time on trainer, 2 - strength/core workouts, 2 runs (one lsd, one hill repeats) -- sometimes I do a third short easy run -- this is what would be sacraficed to get the extra trainer w/o in. I'm in midwest, so all my bike time is on the trainer now.

"We will either find a way, or make one." -- Hannibal, General of the Carthaginian Army
Quote Reply
Works great [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two bike workouts work great for me when I do them, which is not often enough. Usually the first one is a half hour to an hour easy riding. You can't start the day in a better way. Well, maybe one better way.

Two runs don't work for me. They beat me up too much. The bike almost never does.
Quote Reply
Re: double bike worout in a day [lacverde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been doing them lately since I have a calf injury that has sidelined my running. They work great provided you don;t ramp up the volume too quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's part of my regular schedule since I love cycling but don't particularly enjoy running. My bike to running work outs are probably about a 4:1 ratio. Should really be dividing it up more equally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
id recommend getting a coach, but....

look at doing the first bike ride longer and slower and the second one shorter and faster, it shouldnt be tough physically doing two rides.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my opinion, but two runs a week is insufficient for run training for a 1/2 IM. Improving bike splits can be done in other ways than doubling up, especially if it means tossing out a run. Maybe the second workout could be half of the length you're thinking, and adding a 30 min run brick style. That would be my suggestion.

tommy
Quote Reply