Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [hjws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How often does Canyon keep their tri bikes without an update? Are they on a 5 year cycle? (no pun intended). Cervelo is what--every couple of years? I'm wondering who does more updates...?

Thinking Cervelo is more frequent possibly due to more $$ behind them? With the new owners of Canyon I wonder how that may change..(if that deal was in fact inked already).
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Trisur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isnt that the same riser cups snd extensions as Kona2019? Just without the hydration unit there
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
How often does Canyon keep their tri bikes without an update? Are they on a 5 year cycle? (no pun intended). Cervelo is what--every couple of years? I'm wondering who does more updates...?

Thinking Cervelo is more frequent possibly due to more $$ behind them? With the new owners of Canyon I wonder how that may change..(if that deal was in fact inked already).

If you look at the 'classics' (P2c, P3, P3c, P4, P5), Cervelo's are actually around 5 years too. Some brands are longer but I think it's less to do with the dollars available to spend and more about there being a business case. Tri and TT bikes are not huge markets so often not worth the more frequent investment.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mmmmm...it doesn't seem

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Trisur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how long can it take to edit that hangar video so we can get a damn release, feels like forever!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
So how long can it take to edit that hangar video so we can get a damn release, feels like forever!

Feels like waiting for an iSpeedmax and seems like an iphone release to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan Frodeno has a new picture posted on Instagram.
Looks Nice

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=12zbh5xqdfmrc

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he said - two weeks to go - following the Tuesday release idea someone said a while back!

Agree - looks good.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interestingly, they seem to have taped over the stem to frame interface to do wind tunnel testing (?).

Very wide fork, but that was to be expected I guess.

https://besse.info/
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2012033
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
Jan Frodeno has a new picture posted on Instagram.
Looks Nice

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=12zbh5xqdfmrc

Yup, will be interesting, still seeing no bento box or front end hydration.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the tape might be to smooth some kind of bracket to take hydration?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [jcbesse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if those bars are stock or custom.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibly, but it would be kinda silly to photograph / test without the front integrated hydration if they're keeping it (a key design feature of the previous model).

And noting that so far in all the photo's we've seen so far there has been no indication that Canyon are including any front integrated hydration.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they are custom bars - Jan has used a custom front end like that for a few years and would be really surprised if Canyon shipped a bike with a set-up like that.

On the front hydration - there's been no sign of it yet and no sign of a bento. They must be keeping the rear bottle mount on the seat post as that seems like an easy win but I'd be pretty shocked if there was no way of transporting food and drink. None of the pictures we've seen so far show anywhere that a bladder or something could be hidden in the frame so I can only think they are going down the route of the Cervelo and including an aftermarket bottle.

It doesn't entirely surprise me, the front mounted bottle on the current version obviously looks very clean but is a bit of a faff to use (in comparison to a Xlab Torpedo) and leaks quite badly. They may have just decided that other aftermarket solutions suit most people and makes it an easier bike for them to manufacture etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [hjws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bike is coming out nov 17th , no inner hydration , only a bento box in the top tube and a tool box on the bottom bracket. It is going to have a butterfly system like the tririg one aerobar. Y shaped extensions like the cervelo.
Nothing not seing yet , looks like they have choosen things already working well in other brands. A little bit dissapointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [EMBACKTOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EMBACKTOTRI wrote:
bike is coming out nov 17th , no inner hydration , only a bento box in the top tube and a tool box on the bottom bracket. It is going to have a butterfly system like the tririg one aerobar. Y shaped extensions like the cervelo.
Nothing not seing yet , looks like they have choosen things already working well in other brands. A little bit dissapointed.

Internal bento would make sense with the increased size of top tube. Internal or integrated hydration is bit love it or hate it. Lots of people just prefer a bta and saddle solution, which also makes it less complicated from a manufacturing point of view. Agree the bike is unlikely revolutionary but more a natural progression, bit faster with discs. If they keep the pricing to undercut everyone else while performance on a par then that will always be it's USP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where did you get this information?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EMBACKTOTRI wrote:

What’s there to be disappointed about? Looks like it’s going to be a fast bike that can be used for a sprint tri to an Ironman.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Nov 5, 20 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is the assumption that it will be fast, or faster than the rim brake version? The current Speedmax hasn't tested fast and disc brakes are slower, so it takes some work just to make up for those losses
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant tell sorry
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right. It’s just an assumption. Will it be faster than the current version? Hopefully but we won’t know until there’s some testing released on it.

But that wasn’t my point in my original comment. Based on what we think the bike will have, it looks like it will check off a lot of the boxes. Unless there is something completely missing on this bike or if it’s as aero as a Ventum.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, Frodeno said himself two weeks on Tuesday - so the 17th works out.

I'm just looking forward to seeing it - should be a nice looking disc braked tri bike - maybe not as much wow factor as the Plasma 6 but let's see!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.canyon.com/es-es/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UQc7zIEQhayDCOEu89rgOGeVdOjS6_5vP0I4YncBkKNOuCGdGBG38RoCZ94QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.canyon.com/es-es/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UQc7zIEQhayDCOEu89rgOGeVdOjS6_5vP0I4YncBkKNOuCGdGBG38RoCZ94QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9Watts „faster“
Quote Reply

Prev Next