Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Additional PSA - a fair # of sizes available on RunningWarehouse.com
https://www.runningwarehouse.com/...descpage-NANMS1.html
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alphafly “Kipchoge” now available for Nike members:

https://www.nike.com/...11eb8142005d0a1c0e0d
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Alphafly “Kipchoge” now available for Nike members:

https://www.nike.com/...11eb8142005d0a1c0e0d

Now available for everyone and it seems now to be quite a wide release. I think I got a notification on Friday and there are still sizes available now.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm changing my opinion about the Alphafly. I ran 10 miles in them today and they were terrific, had a lot more spring to them then the Next % although I didn't feel that my initial run.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have just gotten hold of a pair and had only 1 12 k run in them so far, but I really have to say wow.

Either the placebo is just AMAZING, or they are actually FAST, comfy and brilliant shoes to run in. I can easily imagine running 42km easy (ok, getting abit carried away here, but) in these.

They have a combination of cushion and «springy» I have never felt before.

Should be noted I have never tried the vaporfly (this is first pair of nike «supershoes» I have gotten a hold of). But these were - at least first run - next level for me. I did try next % Tempos, wihch also have been fast for me. But the tempos felt way more clunky, and didnt have the same soft ride as alphafly.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
Should be noted I have never tried the vaporfly (this is first pair of nike «supershoes» I have gotten a hold of). But these were - at least first run - next level for me. I did try next % Tempos, wihch also have been fast for me. But the tempos felt way more clunky, and didnt have the same soft ride as alphafly.

Next% is faster than Vaporfly, so you are not missing anything. I ran 1 mile with Vaporfly and another 1 mile with Next% yesterday and Next% was faster.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
lovegoat wrote:

Next% is faster than Vaporfly, so you are not missing anything. I ran 1 mile with Vaporfly and another 1 mile with Next% yesterday and Next% was faster.
Aren’t they both Next%???
One the Vaporfly Next% and the other Alphafly Next%

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
s13tx wrote:
lovegoat wrote:

Aren’t they both Next%???
One the Vaporfly Next% and the other Alphafly Next%

Yea you are right. If I have gotten it correctly you had first:

1. Nike Vaporfly 4% 1. gen. (I think there was also a second gen of this with a different upper or smth?).
2. Nike Next % Vaporfly (commonly just referred to "Nike Next" or "Next %).
3. Nike Next % Alphafly (with this release nike also released the Nike Next % Tempo - so nowadays just referring to a shoe by stating "Nike Next" can be somewhat confusing :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike heading into Skechers territory with their nomenclature...

Haven't run in the Alphafly yet but agree with others about how nice the upper/fit is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a big next% fan and did a 8x800 with 4 in the next and 4 in the alphas. Both paces and Hrs were very similar. Felt that nexts were snappier although the cushioning on the alphas was wow. Kind of like when the gen1 vapor fly came and it was so different than anything else. Its been interesting with how the pros have their choice and seeing how different people think of them. I feel like they used to be thought of as marathon only and now Vincent Luis and top ITU guys are going with them for 5ks busting out fast times. Galen Rupp just did his half marathon in them setting the 10 mile record. Then you some of the major marathons where the Next percents were heavily favored. For me id say 5k 10k next and id probably reach alpha for half although a toss up. and marathon alpha no doubt. Running with them in Florida this Saturday so well see how they do...although never ran a good marathon ironman time as it is so not much to compare LOL!!!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mines scrunch
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a PSA for Denver people.The Lakewood Runners Roost has AlphaFlys in stock in almost all sizes. I picked up a pair of the Watermelon yesterday. Hope to go for a wasteful tempo run this PM. The salesman almost didn’t let me get them - apparently they are only supposed to sell to people with IM tattoos or can prove membership to a cross fit box. I was able to show him a slideshow of my endurance career on my phone and he eventually relented. They were $294 after tax....
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Mike Sharkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We didn't get (to see) much IM racing since the launch of the Alphafly but interesting to see that most pros in Nike at IM Florida were wearing the Vaporfly Next%. Curious to understand why as my experience with both shoes would push me towards the Alphafly for an IM marathon where the extra bounce may prove useful for post-bike legs...
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Belgian_Waffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are not as quick to get on as the Next %’s or Vfly’s (pre-next)
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:

I don't buy that for second. If the AF Next% is a better shoe than the VF Next% but takes a few seconds longer to get on, there isn't a pro on this planet that would sacrifice their speed and comfort over a couple extra seconds in T2. There is something definitely going on in the pro world, either data or their psyche or both, that is keeping them from picking the AF over the VF.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [Belgian_Waffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belgian_Waffle wrote:
We didn't get (to see) much IM racing since the launch of the Alphafly but interesting to see that most pros in Nike at IM Florida were wearing the Vaporfly Next%. Curious to understand why as my experience with both shoes would push me towards the Alphafly for an IM marathon where the extra bounce may prove useful for post-bike legs...

Who wants bounce in a marathon?
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
There is something definitely going on in the pro world, either data or their psyche or both, that is keeping them from picking the AF over the VF.

Or dollars. Maybe they've already 'invested' $250-300 of their own funds in the VF and don't feel that the RoI is significant enough to warrant spending another $300 on shoes. I'm only speaking theoretically of course, but I figure most pros don't have unlimited funds to spend on equipment. No doubt the RoI was there when they switched from <whatever they were using> to the VF, but who really knows how much faster the same person would be in the AF over the VF? Personally, I'm a huge fan and believer in the VFs - and that shoe precipitated my switch to Nike exclusively for racing and training (ZF3 and VF FK). I'm just not sure I really *need* the AF.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A527G wrote:
TX83 wrote:
There is something definitely going on in the pro world, either data or their psyche or both, that is keeping them from picking the AF over the VF.

Or dollars. Maybe they've already 'invested' $250-300 of their own funds in the VF and don't feel that the RoI is significant enough to warrant spending another $300 on shoes.
. Possibly, but if the AF was far superior to the VF, then I would think that a pro would easily spend $300 on a set a race shoes that could significantly impact their time and potentially their prize earnings.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
bluesmachine wrote:

I don't buy that for second. If the AF Next% is a better shoe than the VF Next% but takes a few seconds longer to get on, there isn't a pro on this planet that would sacrifice their speed and comfort over a couple extra seconds in T2. There is something definitely going on in the pro world, either data or their psyche or both, that is keeping them from picking the AF over the VF.

The beauty of all this, is I don't know how we will ever know. There can be lab tests, or back to back 1-mile runs down the street, similar back to back track workouts. Then debates about the merits of those "tests" people have done. Cite recent race results, or even look at how in the women in pro running are using different shoes than the men all together (seems like the women are wearing adidas more than Nike).

When Jared Ward wrote a blog after testing numerous version of the Endorphin Pro for Saucony, he summed it up nicely. (paraphrased). "Wear shoes that feel good, which will build your confidence on race day". Whatever shoe that may be.
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phoenixR34 wrote:
"Wear shoes that feel good, which will build your confidence on race day". Whatever shoe that may be.
This.
And it "usually" translates to better times when your confidence is at that level you need it to be.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Nov 13, 20 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First run in new Alphaflys - 15mi on mostly level asphalt. Nothing new to add to the conversation: very cushy and noticeably less fatigue at the end of the set. But, I must have clipped my ankle 25 times with inner edge of the shoe on the other foot. No joke, it really started to smart the last few strikes and definitely gonna be good and bruised tomorrow. Worth it, I guess..
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re: https://trackvalley.com/...lpha-fly-racing-shoe

i did.
first i got the size 10 labeled shoe shipped, which turned out to be effectively a size 12. had to return it on my dime, (which was expensive from switzerland) and finally got a "size US 8,5" that fits slightly bigger then my standard nike 10. as you can see no box and a different thicker insole.
the rest of the shoe does really look and almost feel like the original. with the exception that it definitely does not have a carbon or any plate (it bends too easily to have one) and its probably not made of zoomX (or pebax) but more likely of something like react as it feels softer then standard EVA. the weight at 308gr compared to 227gr for the original supports this. see pics that compare it with a borrowed original in orange while the "fake" is white.
al in all it looks like a tempo next% made to look like the alphafly. but should it run the same or similar to a real tempo it might be worth figuring out your right size at $100 instead of 250.-
will report back once i had a chance to test them

you are welcome, you can fax me a beer!

Last edited by: mammamia: Dec 12, 20 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [mammamia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic shoes these Alphafly, they give almost 10” per km! But I have a very big problem: the shoes are wide and I tend to touch my ankles with the carbon soles. Result: I cut my ankles !!
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had an order go through for these AlphaFlys in Mango through StockX.

$214 bid, $255 total with taxes and shipping

Excited to try them on - I hope they fit.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% is officially announced [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've got these and the Next % in stock. As well as the Saucony's and Brooks super shoes.

No need to bid on shoes and we can help you size based on what you're currently wearing.

I'm not in the store until next year but you can always ring us at 520 325 5097 or use the shoe order form on our webpage the running shop

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Dec 30, 20 7:26
Quote Reply

Prev Next