Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [memyselfandi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While that Orbea Ordu looks like something about five years from the past, that Speedmax is a step forward aesthetically. We’ll learn in time how fast it is, but the silhouette passes the eyeball test.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering the group set on that is etap circa 2017-18, I don’t think that silhouette is anything more than a design fancy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
memyselfandi wrote:
Just saw that,

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/258886678566697963/

Speedmax Disc

This is the picture of an old concept bike, dated 2017 or something like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
memyselfandi wrote:
Just saw that,

Speedmax Disc

If that's the new one it looks like they've got downhill mountain bike levels of slackness in the front fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems that Frodeno is currently doing pictures/shooting with the new Speedmax according to his Instagram story.
Last edited by: Rainbow_Warrior: Oct 8, 20 2:23
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rainbow_Warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rainbow_Warrior wrote:
It seems that Frodeno is currently doing pictures/shooting with the new Speedmax according to his Instagram story.

And the Y-shaped extensions look similar to Cervélo's. Interesting. I wonder whether they will announce it on Saturday for "Kona" or it we'll have to wait more.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
memyselfandi wrote:
Just saw that,

Speedmax Disc

If that's the new one it looks like they've got downhill mountain bike levels of slackness in the front fork.

That is the lotus concept bike isnt it?

Anyway looking very much forward to the release of the canyon speedmax disc CF SLX! The new aeroad looks amazing hope this is too.
I think the old canyon is close to perfect already, just need some kind of read storage, maybe a bit more adjustability and a size XL!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up my Speedmax CF SLX last fall and can't imagine anything on the new model that would peak my interest in any way to swap to it. I can't remember the last time needing the brakes (in a serious way) on the bike, or something with the stopping power of a disc brake. Everything else on the bike is amazing and leaves me wanting nothing more. Now, if it was a CF (non SLX) model that I was riding while eyeing the CF SLX, then I'd have to think long about it as to which one I prefer. I actually like the rim brake version with the "hidden" brakes inside the fork and behind the BB. Can't imagine throwing a set of calipers and discs into the airflow is anything but a wattage loss (albeit small). Maybe they are tweaking a few other things to offset that. Who knows, but I think we are at the point of progress in some of these bike that are merely marginal gains and ones that we mortals would even feel the difference.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else clocked Jan Frodeno being at what looks like a photoshoot for the new Speedmax today on his Instagram stories? The single riser is visible along with a sram 12sp crank, I think I can make out a downtube storage box too. Fingers crossed it drops soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [-TriathlonDan-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I also saw that - as you said, looks like a single riser and storage above the BB. Not sure whether this means there no front mounted bottle and no bento? Big selling point for the previous model was the completely integrated hydration/food system and tool storage in the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly - it’s called SpeedMax after all. If brakes were that important they’d be calling it StopMax
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see Jan Frodeno's "My Story" on Instagram? It is only up for 24 hrs (stories) & they were in an airplane hanger. He panned the camera quickly & partial view of a mono-stem TT bike was leaning partially seen against something. Could this be a fast glimpse of the new Speedmax Disc? He said, "Baack...boys...you can't see what he is looking at..." just as on the return pan of the camera, he skips OVER the TT bikes to the left and said, "It is time." I wonder if the elusive TT Disc is ready?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan Frodeno has just posted a picture of him on the new Speedmax Disc so it must be coming soon. Looks like the bike from the discussion above too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGkkU-uhoy4/
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [hjws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly the disc model.

Probably be Released on the 24th and that is when canyon have the DIY-TRI Event
Last edited by: Aarbiser: Oct 20, 20 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Aarbiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the prices will not increase a lot.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on this topic?

Dan said on the topic related to last Friday's Frodeno interview that he had news (but obviously couldn't communicate). As far as I know the Speedmax disc has not been talked about during the interview (Canyon 360 lab)

I believe/hope the bike shall be published/released in November.

Personally I am waiting for information on this bike before making my choice on which disc brake TT bike to buy for 2021 and I am slowly getting sick of waiting.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rainbow_Warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC Canyon's recent releases were all made on Tuesdays. With their event now finished I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming out tomorrow or next week. But frankly that is pure speculation.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frodeno's Insta story - riding a disc braked TT at the airport - assuming from last week or whenever. Looks pretty good from afar!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Surely that's the trickle down version. The P-series equivalent for Canyon. Not a very attractive head tube/stem area. Looks like some kind of storage above the bottom bracket as well.

I remember making my own storage bin in like 2008...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Frodeno's Insta story - riding a disc braked TT at the airport - assuming from last week or whenever. Looks pretty good from afar!

I see close to zero storage on the one he rides. No benti, no draftbox. Seems something is out at the BB though.
Very curious of the bta hydration system
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
dfru wrote:

I see close to zero storage on the one he rides. No benti, no draftbox. Seems something is out at the BB though.
Very curious of the bta hydration system

It'll be super interesting as the Speedmax hit all the buttons - storage, hydration, etc. I would be surprised if they lost all of that!

Should be interesting to say the least.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also could only see the box above the BB for storage. It doesn't look like there is enough space in the frame for storage (as there is at the moment) so this likely replaces that.

I can't see where they would put reservoir to feed a BTA straw - there just doesn't look like there is space for fluid anywhere in the frame (similar to the old Shiv). The downtube doesn't look 'fat' enough and surely you couldn't fit a reservoir in the headtube around the forks?

It wouldn't surprise me if they've done anyway with the integrated hydration system. In the survey they sent out about the Speedmax last year there was a lot of focus on trade-offs (i.e. would you prefer disc brakes over integrated hydration) and ranking of how important these sort of things were to you. Clearly they were thinking about not bothering with it then as you were being asked what sort of features were more or less important to customers. They could go down the route of the Cervelo where they sell a version that comes with some sort of BTA bottle that is aero and works with the frame (maybe not dissimilar to the new Scott Plasma?) but isn't fully integrated like the current version.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [hjws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the video in the frodeno post must be the TT version of the speedmax. No bento boxes and no hydration system. If the speedmax looses that I believe it will loose part of its essence.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [EMBACKTOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d be quite surprised if they did completely different Tri and TT versions, the current TT version is an identical frame and bar set up without all the integrated hydration/nutrition. From an economic perspective, it probably doesn’t make sense to have very different bikes at the top end. They might be able to fit a bento on the bike in the video but the one piece riser means they couldn’t fit the current Speedmax bottle on.

It looks more likely that they’ll offer some other solution (like the Scott Plasma I mentioned above) to get the necessary integration for triathletes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next