Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2: St-R8060 with SW-671 - 2x and "manuel" shifting
Quote | Reply
Dear ST,

I am building a Trek Speed Concept with di2. I have not bought the brake levers yet, but I have bought the extension shifters. I like the possibility to decide when to shift on the FD, so I am running manuel mode, therefore i have bought the Sw-671, which makes me shift on FD and RD with the 4 buttons.
I thought I could buy ST-6871 as brake lever, but they are SOLD OUT everywhere in Europe, so I decided to look for the ST-R8060. I know, that if I choose the ST-R8060, I can only shift on the RD.
On the description, it says, that it will only work with synchronized shifting - I see the idea because you can only shift on RD, but my question is:

Will ST-R8060 work in manuel mode, so I can shift on the FD on my left SW-671, and the RD on ST-R8060 and right SW-671.

1x is not an option, because its a bit hilly where I live.

Oh, the reason why I want to do manuel mode is because I an running q-rings, and that can sometimes be a bit fiddly, if you are not preparred for a shift on FD - although I have never had a chaindrop yet on my roadbike with di2 and q-rings :)

BR
Martin Lohse
Denmark
Quote Reply
Re: Di2: St-R8060 with SW-671 - 2x and "manuel" shifting [MartinLohse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re only single button shifters, so you could only program front or rear (1 side up/ 1 side down)
Quote Reply
Re: Di2: St-R8060 with SW-671 - 2x and "manuel" shifting [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly i know that - therefore I will use the left extension for FD shifting. But can the setup be run with FD and RD shifting on the extension - and RD shifting on the brake lever in manuel mode. The description says only synchronized shifting mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2: St-R8060 with SW-671 - 2x and "manuel" shifting [MartinLohse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can individually program any Di2 button to do exactly what you want. They are independent of shift mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2: St-R8060 with SW-671 - 2x and "manuel" shifting [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much - i´ll order one pair :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The default configuration of those SW-671 buttons may already do what you want. (They probably do.) But, it would be safe to also be sure to get the wireless unit to do configuration over Bluetooth or get the charger that will let you use the PC-based E-Tube project software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll double confirm that I use my base bar, single button brake lever buttons, for RD only. I run the setup you describe.
Quote Reply