Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Red blinky LED that mounts well on aero seat post [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
ac1210 wrote:
Just don't forget to put a tape in between the seat post and the plastic bracket that holds the light.. I made that mistake and now my carbon seatpost have visible scratches.

Also good to know. But for a particular light, or any light?

If the mount is rubber (hard or soft), it should be OK. If it's hard plastic then use tape (or some other barrier) since the plastic is harder than the fiber resin and may cause scratches. The scratches are cosmetic (not structural), but still...

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Red blinky LED that mounts well on aero seat post [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit late to your party, but I have the P3C and use the Knog Gekko. It is an older product but I think you can still pick it up here and there (I can get it on Amazon in the UK). It runs on AAA batteries which was good for me because I needed long runtime for Norseman where the rear light is compulsory for the full bike leg. I don't need to shim it against the back of the post in any way, it just kind of sits there quite nicely. I just used whatever rubber loop I had sitting around from some other bit of kit to extend the band around the aero post.

You can just about make it out on this picture.

Cheers, Rich.

Quote Reply

Prev Next