Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Israel Start Up Transfer rethink ?
Quote | Reply
Only 1 stage in the Vuelta , but Mike Woods and Chris Froome who are scheduled to transfer to ISN at the end of the year did not have great days .
Not sure on crash particulars for Woodsy but it must have been more than a slip on the white lines or leaves on the Spanish descents . Froome could not get back on the main group once the final climb started.
With Piccoli , Boivin and Cataford as the existing Canadians on the roster it would be cool for them to be Mike Woods domestiques in 2021. Hopefully he is healthy and spends more time on his descending over the winter .
Froome being Carapaz’s main guy isn’t happening anytime soon if today’s stage was anything to go by .
Last edited by: sward: Oct 20, 20 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: Israel Start Up Transfer rethink ? [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be too worried about Woods, granted he does crash a fair bit, but he also won a stage at Tireno so I think they will get their moneys worth from him.
Froome on the other hand.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Boivin is confirmed to be on the team next year. At least I havent seen him confirmed to be under contract for next year.

Woods will probably be fine. Everyone has a bad day from time to time. Hopefully he will have some better stages later in the Vuelta.

Froome probably has his best days behind him. Hopefully they didn't overpay to sign him.

Maybe ISN will consider bringing back Dowsett for next season after his stage win in the Giro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When we look at it, Froome was nearly dead 14months ago so if he can do a hill grand tour stage 11 min off the leaders in the middle of the pack, its a good recovery so far, but not good enough for a grand tour contender. I hope another 6-7 months and his recovery can go to a high enough level that he can be useful to Woods minimally. I think time changes the picture for him. He's not young, but not ancient either (ex Valverde)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome will always be valuable to an extent. Besides his riding capabilities now/in the future, he still has one of the biggest names in the sport, and at a certain point for a lot of teams, any news is getting your sponsors logo's/names out there. (See Cavendish, who hasn't had a win in a long time, but still gets constant mentions/articles on the major cycling sites.) That is worth a fair amount (in dollars) if he never wins another race.

Worth what they paid??? That's the question.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply