Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scribe Wheels
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with them? I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. I'm specifically looking at their carbon gravel wheels but any feedback is welcome. They seem to be a relativey new company with some proprietary technology but generally good reviews so far, and a good price point.

https://scribecycling.com/

ETA link
Last edited by: Dgconner154: Jun 28, 20 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Scribe Wheels [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that's a no. I just ordered a pair so I'll give some feedback once I get them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Can't say anything about the wheels, but if I had to make a choice, I'd probably go with Aerocoach wheels for an extra few hundred £/$ with slightly deeper rim sections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let us know how you get on. I'm between these and a set of Hunt for my road bike. Strange as it sounds it is the graphic that puts me off! I like the Hunt much better for looks. Sad I know.

Fascinated by the ratchet free hub; I hear the engagement is absolutely instant.

Cheers, Rich.
Last edited by: knighty76: Jun 29, 20 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Scribe Wheels [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny enough I love the graphic,
minimalist and a bit retro. To each his own I guess!

I’m also fascinated by the hub. The biggest downside I’ve read is that it’s pretty loud, but for the price and considering the weight I thought it was worth a shot.

Website says delivery to North America in 3-6 business days so I should be able to give you some feedback relatively soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Scribe Wheels [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Please let us know how you get on. I'm between these and a set of Hunt for my road bike. Strange as it sounds it is the graphic that puts me off! I like the Hunt much better for looks. Sad I know.

Fascinated by the ratchet free hub; I hear the engagement is absolutely instant.

Cheers, Rich.

After a small hiccup I received my Scribe wheels a few days ago and got them set up and mounted today. So far I've only ridden them around the block a few times but I can say for sure that the hub engagement is impressively quick compared to the wheels they replaced. Between that and the light weight it gives my Crux a whole new feel - much snappier and more like my road bike which is what I was after.

Based on some comments and reviews I was concerned they might be really loud but I don't think they are any louder than my Hed Jet 6+ - it's just a slightly different sound. A little bit lower pitched and more "thumpy" rather than the high-pitched "zipper" sound.

They came taped and included tubless valves, 6-bolt to centerlock adapters, a 10-speed spacer and a few extra spokes and nipples.

So far I'm pretty impressed. Happy to answer any spcific questions to the best of my (limited) ability![/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to resurrect this, but I’m very curious how your longer-term experience with the wheels is going.
Quote Reply
Re: Scribe Wheels [ultimatist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ultimatist wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this, but I’m very curious how your longer-term experience with the wheels is going.

Love them. I have a few hundred miles on the wheels and I've been very happy with them so far. The ratchet hub engages quickly although its a bit loud. I've ridden them everywhere from ashpalt to techy singletrack with roots and rocks and they seem very durable so far. Much lighter than what I had on the bike previously. Highly recommended.

One small thing to keep i mind if you live in the US (or other non-EU places I assume) - although the shipping is technically free, FedEx will bill you a ~$100 tax to import the wheels from the UK. Not a huge deal but something to consider in the math.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The company should ship the wheels through their postal service and declare a low value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, and good to know about the import tax. I'm in California, so assume Hunt and others are in the same boat; they should advertise that a bit better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered Reynolds wheels?

Where in California do you live?
Quote Reply
Re: Scribe Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bay Area; I have but they don't seem as much value, and narrower internals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What internal rim width are you looking for?
Quote Reply