Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, has anybody tried fitting 28mm tyres on their CF with any luck?

Update: they did fit and they're amazing.
Last edited by: mart1n: Sep 23, 20 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just purchased the cf 8.0 di2 model and looking to change cranks to 155mm. Rotor Aldhu were recommended by bike fitter but having some issues trying to determine:

1. Any issues in general with these cranks and this bike/be?
2. Which pieces to buy?

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!

Got the Speedmax CF with the Canyon V21 90mm stem. Unfortunately they don't have a longer version of it.

Anybody got some experience with a longer stem that doesn't look completely off? Ideally 110 or 120mm.
The Aeria Ultimate has only 100mm and has a hefty weight to it (not a weight weenie but still.. it's hefty)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [mart1n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick noob question , why would you use 28 instead of 25 ? The rear space seems very small .... your 28 doesnt touch the frame ?

I am surprised !
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Winol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased the Speedmax 8.0 Di2 version with the DT-Swiss wheelset but in one week I have changed 3 tubes. I am now pretty sure it is not a tube problem, but either the rim or the tire. Anyone experienced this before?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Winol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winol wrote:
Quick noob question , why would you use 28 instead of 25 ? The rear space seems very small .... your 28 doesnt touch the frame ?

I am surprised !
28mm GP5000 TL on the Reynolds AR 80 (19mm internal, 29.5mm external) and no rubbing so far. Have done a few hundred km on it, including mini gravel sections and rain and no issues. No signs of rubbing on the frame (no scratches, etc) to be noticed.

Why 28mm? Essentially did it for comfort. I am a heavier rider, hence usually would need to amp up the pressure and wanted to counter this. The occasional railroad tracks, cracks in the pavement - everything is a breeze, especially with the combination of tubeless and the width. Most probably not the best for aero, but comfort in the position and being able to hold it matters more in my view.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4SAn5gvg3D9Wg2SG9
Sorry for the non-driveside shot :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect ! Nice looking bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I literally just bought this bike two days ago, should be arriving Thursday. Can't wait to try it out. Why not just set your wheels up tubeless? The DT swiss wheels are supposed to be tubeless ready. Changing 3 tubes in a week though is pretty surprising, maybe pinch flats?

Are you liking the bike? Can't wait to get out on it. Switching over from a 12 year old Orbea, I think it'll be a big difference :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No rubbing issue at all? What pressure are you running on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No rubbing seen so far, yes. Last rides have seen some sections with wettish leaves thrown in, which might make it even more tight, but no issues. Running it roughly been 4-5 bar, which should equate to 60-70psi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skyjuice wrote:
I purchased the Speedmax 8.0 Di2 version with the DT-Swiss wheelset but in one week I have changed 3 tubes. I am now pretty sure it is not a tube problem, but either the rim or the tire. Anyone experienced this before?

I thought that wheelset was tubeless?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [kenlenuiuc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd question...but has anyone changed the Canyon decal logo on the speed max. I am considering buying the all black Speedmax but then getting a custom decal in Red (maybe) but not sure if that would just ruin it...all black is a bit boring for me. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [soll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone aware if the new bento box on the Speedmax CF Disc is compatible with the previous version of the frame?
Quote Reply

Prev Next