Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, has anybody tried fitting 28mm tyres on their CF with any luck?

Update: they did fit and they're amazing.
Last edited by: mart1n: Sep 23, 20 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just purchased the cf 8.0 di2 model and looking to change cranks to 155mm. Rotor Aldhu were recommended by bike fitter but having some issues trying to determine:

1. Any issues in general with these cranks and this bike/be?
2. Which pieces to buy?

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!

Got the Speedmax CF with the Canyon V21 90mm stem. Unfortunately they don't have a longer version of it.

Anybody got some experience with a longer stem that doesn't look completely off? Ideally 110 or 120mm.
The Aeria Ultimate has only 100mm and has a hefty weight to it (not a weight weenie but still.. it's hefty)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [mart1n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick noob question , why would you use 28 instead of 25 ? The rear space seems very small .... your 28 doesnt touch the frame ?

I am surprised !
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Winol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased the Speedmax 8.0 Di2 version with the DT-Swiss wheelset but in one week I have changed 3 tubes. I am now pretty sure it is not a tube problem, but either the rim or the tire. Anyone experienced this before?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winol wrote:
Quick noob question , why would you use 28 instead of 25 ? The rear space seems very small .... your 28 doesnt touch the frame ?

I am surprised !
28mm GP5000 TL on the Reynolds AR 80 (19mm internal, 29.5mm external) and no rubbing so far. Have done a few hundred km on it, including mini gravel sections and rain and no issues. No signs of rubbing on the frame (no scratches, etc) to be noticed.

Why 28mm? Essentially did it for comfort. I am a heavier rider, hence usually would need to amp up the pressure and wanted to counter this. The occasional railroad tracks, cracks in the pavement - everything is a breeze, especially with the combination of tubeless and the width. Most probably not the best for aero, but comfort in the position and being able to hold it matters more in my view.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4SAn5gvg3D9Wg2SG9
Sorry for the non-driveside shot :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect ! Nice looking bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I literally just bought this bike two days ago, should be arriving Thursday. Can't wait to try it out. Why not just set your wheels up tubeless? The DT swiss wheels are supposed to be tubeless ready. Changing 3 tubes in a week though is pretty surprising, maybe pinch flats?

Are you liking the bike? Can't wait to get out on it. Switching over from a 12 year old Orbea, I think it'll be a big difference :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No rubbing issue at all? What pressure are you running on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No rubbing seen so far, yes. Last rides have seen some sections with wettish leaves thrown in, which might make it even more tight, but no issues. Running it roughly been 4-5 bar, which should equate to 60-70psi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skyjuice wrote:
I purchased the Speedmax 8.0 Di2 version with the DT-Swiss wheelset but in one week I have changed 3 tubes. I am now pretty sure it is not a tube problem, but either the rim or the tire. Anyone experienced this before?

I thought that wheelset was tubeless?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [kenlenuiuc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd question...but has anyone changed the Canyon decal logo on the speed max. I am considering buying the all black Speedmax but then getting a custom decal in Red (maybe) but not sure if that would just ruin it...all black is a bit boring for me. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [soll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone aware if the new bento box on the Speedmax CF Disc is compatible with the previous version of the frame?
Quote Reply
Canyon CF8 with Profile Design front hydrations systems : Aeria or FC system ? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just ordered a Canyon CF8 Di2 and would like to install a FC or Aeria system on it without having to change the original Canyon handlebars.

#1 Did anyone successfully install the FC system? (It seems that the gap between aerobar is too narrow to fit the attachment brackets and thus may be a no go )

#2 If I have to go with the Aeria system, do I just need to order their 100mm stem and hydration container? or are other accessories required (e.g. spacers for the stem etc..)?

#3 S bend handle bars to narrow hand position & go around hydration system ?
Does anyone have a good suggestion for S type aerobar compatible with Canyon handle bars and Di2 system ? The S shape should allow to "wrap around the hydration system and help get a parallel grip and closer hand position than the Canyon original L bent bars.

Thanks in advance for any answer and suggestion.

Cordially,
FG
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon CF8 with Profile Design front hydrations systems : Aeria or FC system ? [FG@cekoia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing you need to do with the aeria hydration is that you'll hav to shave down some plastic on the stem spacer.

As far as width of bars go it will fit. And since these are 'clip on' bars its wasy to widen them anyway

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon CF8 with Profile Design front hydrations systems : Aeria or FC system ? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Bontrager RT rear light fits well the seat post of the Speedmax? I mean, without any additional adapter.

Anyway, I would really appreciate any recommendation for rear lights for a buyer based in Europe (any wiggle link?). I've tried some cheaper options and ended up breaking the mounting straps. A light you can't mount and leave at home is a waste of money
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [filipinos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
filipinos wrote:
Is anyone aware if the new bento box on the Speedmax CF Disc is compatible with the previous version of the frame?

I don't know, but I'm also guessing if the new toolbox near the crank is also compatible. Is anyone aware?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
Hey guys!

Got the Speedmax CF with the Canyon V21 90mm stem. Unfortunately they don't have a longer version of it.

Anybody got some experience with a longer stem that doesn't look completely off? Ideally 110 or 120mm.
The Aeria Ultimate has only 100mm and has a hefty weight to it (not a weight weenie but still.. it's hefty)

Interested in the same info. Were you able to figure any options out for this?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Benv wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax CF 7.0 last week and started taking it apart and rebuilding it over the weekend. I was inspired by Tririg's modifications / review and am going a very similar route. https://www.tririg.com/...eedmax_CF_SLX_Review (scroll down for the CF).

Last year I bought a new Alpha X front end and put it on my old TT bike so I decided to set it up on my Speedmax. I've also replaced the brakes with Omega X brakes and the crank by my older Rotor 3D with Power2Max powermeter. By replacing the entire front end I had a lot of work dealing with internal cable routing which turned out to be quite easy on the Speedmax. I also got the Torhans Bento X but it doesn't fit as well as the Tririg pics would suggest (I noticed afterwards their pics show a bike without shifters and shifting cables). I'll need to drill an extra hole in it and find a way to make the cables fit through the cable opening. I'll look very sweet when complete.

Still need to cut the fork as well, and my old Flo's turned out to not be 11sp compatible so I'll order a new freehub. Was planning to sell the Mavic wheels but will keep them for training in the winter.
Here's my Speedmax CF. I'll worry about the mismatch in wheel decals later, as well as cutting the extensions and fork. I've currently got it set up similar to my old bike and will ride it for a bit before seeing Jim at Ero Sports in November for a TT fit.

Just got the Torhans bento x myself
Also realized I'll have to drill additional holes.
Di you have pics of the finished set up?

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's time to change my armpads on the CF. Any suggestions on replacements. I see a few but not sure if they fit exact. Believe i have the t4 profile design clip ons. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's just the profile design ergo pads

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [ThiagoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThiagoP wrote:
filipinos wrote:

I don't know, but I'm also guessing if the new toolbox near the crank is also compatible. Is anyone aware?

Official word from canyon is that the tool box will not fit

Quote:

Thank you for your email. Each speedmax has a different geometry therefore this cannot be possible. It's not compatible.

All the best,

Service Center | Canyon Bicycles USA Inc.

Canyon Bicycles USA, Inc.
www.canyon.com/en-us/

IG - @ryanppax
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Feb 11, 21 9:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the speedmax rear bottle holder is out of stock these days ..

Canyon told me this morning that they "expect" it to be available in 4 weeks..... I have a race in 6 weeks and pretty sure I will be screwed if they are late.

Does anyone has a custom 3D print rear bottle cage holder ? If that's the case, can you share the 3D Print file for it please ?

I have asked here : https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_P6605683/#p6605683 but just wanted to try my luck on this official speedmax thread ?

Thanks a lot guys !

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend spacer kit for the new Speedmax CF bikes with H30 bars? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon CF8 with Profile Design front hydrations systems : Aeria or FC system ? [FG@cekoia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FG@cekoia wrote:
Hi,

I just ordered a Canyon CF8 Di2 and would like to install a FC or Aeria system on it without having to change the original Canyon handlebars.

#1 Did anyone successfully install the FC system? (It seems that the gap between aerobar is too narrow to fit the attachment brackets and thus may be a no go )

#2 If I have to go with the Aeria system, do I just need to order their 100mm stem and hydration container? or are other accessories required (e.g. spacers for the stem etc..)?

#3 S bend handle bars to narrow hand position & go around hydration system ?
Does anyone have a good suggestion for S type aerobar compatible with Canyon handle bars and Di2 system ? The S shape should allow to "wrap around the hydration system and help get a parallel grip and closer hand position than the Canyon original L bent bars.

Thanks in advance for any answer and suggestion.

Cordially,
FG

Hi! Not sure if you're still in need of the information but I've been trying to find out the same although on the Speedmax CF Disc Di2. Profile design told me this when I asked them:

"The 1/seventeen stem will fit fine. It just won't have the smooth lines matching the top tube box like the V21. So your bike would suffer aesthetically but be lighter and functionally no loss. With the HSF bottle it would then be more aero."

So basically, you could go with the Aeria Ultimate stem (heavier and only two sizes) or you could go with the 1/seventeen stem + the HSF faceplate (cheaper, lighter but not as cool looking).

Good luck and please post what you concluded in a pic or two. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next