Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend a replacement for the Nike Epic React
Quote | Reply
The Epic React Flyknit 2 is hands down my favorite daily trainer ever - the flyknit upper works perfectly for the shape of my feet, and the cushioning feels both soft and responsive at the same time. As a bonus they are great looking shoes and have been extremely durable for me. Unfortunately supplies are dwindling and from what I've read the React Infinity may not be what I'm looking for.

So what are other Epic React fans using now as a replacement? I'd like to find something reasonably lightweight, with generous cushioning but still responsive. I have a longstanding and irrational hatred of Hoka but would be willing to give them a try, although not my first choice. Other than that no real preference on brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a replacement for the Nike Epic React [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, what kind of shoe is the epic react supposed to be? As in, stability? Neutral? I was never quite sure where that shoe fit into the scheme of (possibly outdated) classifications. I run in the structures then switched to infinity when they said structures were being discontinued, only for them to relaunch it this year. I didn't much like the infinity anyway so it works out for me.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Oct 19, 20 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a replacement for the Nike Epic React [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Just curious, what kind of shoe is the epic react supposed to be? As in, stability? Neutral? I was never quite sure where that shoe fit into the scheme of (possibly outdated) classifications. I run in the structures then switched to infinity when they said structures were being discontinued, only for them to relaunch it this year. I didn't much like the infinity anyway so it works out for me.

Neutral. They are well cushioned but have no stability.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a replacement for the Nike Epic React [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just try the Hoka Rincon. It's kinda Hoka (traditional), but kinda not (not as high or bulky). The Rincon 1 is under a hundo at RW (and it's mostly the same as the 2).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would try the Skechers Ride 8 Hyper. Has hyper burst form which is really phenomenal. Has a nice ride and you can do fast work in them. Read some reviews and you’ll see that most reviewers really like the shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny. I had been a Lunar Glide person forever, but those were discontinued, so based on a recommendation I tried Epic Reacts. I did not like them. The stretchy knit uppers were sloppy, so I had to tie them pretty tight to keep me foot in place, but with no padding on the tongue, it hurt. Anyway, I replaced them with Zoom Fly 3s and am much happier now. Could not be happier, actually. Of course I'm happy because they are NOT like the Epic React, and more like the Lunar Glides. Just funny that both models have been cited here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of pairs available on eBay (limit your search to new items and sort by price). In my size (9.5...so pretty middle-of-the-road) they seem to be going for ~$65.

I have a pair that is entering the last 100mi of their useful life, but have another pair in the closet waiting to take their place.

I'll stick with them for now; the Odyssey and Infinity look more bulked up than I like.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from epic reacts to infinity and like them a lot.
The upper is a bit more secure than the React, but fits similarly.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a replacement for the Nike Epic React [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
React Infinity were on sale so I gave them a shot. First run in them this morning. Definitely a more "locked in" feel as you said. There is some pronounced arch support and the rocker is noticable as well. Not as neutral feeling as the Epics but I guess that's the point of these shoes. Overall I like them but not sure they'll be an everyday replacement for the Epic React.
Quote Reply