Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to make aero pads tacky
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever had any luck spraying something like a 3M adhesive spray on the top of aero pads just to give them a little tack/sticky? So when sweating a lot, less likely to slip around on them.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make aero pads tacky [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're probably better off finding a different material and making some pads of your own than spraying adhesive on the ones you've got. Until you get into the more "robust" adhesives, it's not going to be strong enough to really make a difference, and you don't want to use those kinds of adhesives on skin/bikes/skinsuits.

Another thing to consider is the shape of the armrests if this is an issue you're having. It may be less about the pad material and more that you need a more secure armrest.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a cheap set of wrist sweatband and wrapped one around each pad, fixed the issue for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
Anyone ever had any luck spraying something like a 3M adhesive spray on the top of aero pads just to give them a little tack/sticky? So when sweating a lot, less likely to slip around on them.

Have you tried a different pad??? Tririg makes some great pads that are less slippery. Otherwise I would recommend Mueller Stickum. Been around forever and for just this kind of purpose.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Oct 19, 20 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may also be worth considering your position and shape of pad if you are worried about sliding around. If your position results in sliding around on pad, I'd consider the safety aspect (if applicable). Maybe look at the tilt of your pad so you don't slide off the front and shape of pad if sliding off the side.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make aero pads tacky [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
It may also be worth considering your position and shape of pad if you are worried about sliding around. If your position results in sliding around on pad, I'd consider the safety aspect (if applicable). Maybe look at the tilt of your pad so you don't slide off the front and shape of pad if sliding off the side.

Not the first time mentioned in this topic, but quoting for posterity. All of this.

Don't rely on something that could be a new failure point to keep you secure.

If someone is trying to use a lot of reach with no pad angle and is depending on pad friction or a death grip on the extensions...........I'd be analyzing my fit. If you're dead set on that, look into an extension that has a a pretty vertical hand grip angle to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spraying adhesive on the pad will result in the fabric of the pad separating from the foam of the pad, and probably sliding worse.

Might work once in a race if the adhesion between pad foam and pad fabric holds, but you'd want to trial it before racing. I'd purchase a replacement pad stockpile in advance. ;)

Added bonus: you'll have fabric stuck to your elbows for the run if your adhesive is good enough.

Maybe just consider angling the elbow cups so that there is less propensity for sliding? Any limitations to cup angle change? Which direction are you sliding?

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: How to make aero pads tacky [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. i appreciate your thoughts and reply. i almost didnt post because i knew the general theme would be "your fit sucks, your pads suck". pads are good, tri rig in fact. fit is dialed in too. i probably should have explained more but i am talking MINOR MINOR slipping. nothing where i would be affraid of falling off the pads or anything like that. just looking for a little extra grip. i'm thinking i might give stickum spray a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tacky are we talking? I think this is the Gold Standard

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Oct 19, 20 8:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at ceegee pads? I've had issues with slipping and ceegee's have mitigated all of my concerns.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: How to make aero pads tacky [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya i will prob buy a set. had some a long time ago and 3 or 4 bikes ago. i liked them but remember them being really tall.
Quote Reply