Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [severinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's this tape that is used on theach grips of hockey sticks. It's thick and black, not exactly sticky but a bit tacky. I got a roll at the hardware store, it works well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
why?

couple options....

accept that you slide forward and ride that way or
move saddle back so you ride nose and cant slide forward cuz there is nowhere to slide
adjust position to eliminate sliding

stickier saddle is not the solution

No shit...it's a positioning problem...fix THAT <shakes head>

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddammit. My internal dialog just went like this. "Don't click on that. It's going to have the Tony Martin picture. You know it is. Just move on."

GODDAMIT!
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
jeffp wrote:
why?

couple options....

move saddle back so you ride nose and cant slide forward cuz there is nowhere to slide

I was going to say, "try leveling the saddle", but that's only 1 part of the complete fit picture
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
jeffp wrote:
why?

couple options....

I'm not sure it's always a fit issue. For pro cyclists it often is just because they are forced by UCI rules to position the saddle too far back.

There are many top pros with solid positions that opt for additional grip:

Jan Frodeno

Helle Frederiksen

Sebastian Kienle

Jesse Thomas

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TF,

Any idea what Helle has on her saddle? It looks a bit like Shoe Goo or a similar product.

Thanks for all the pictures.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, that's funny. TomA better go "shake his head" in front of Frodo, Heili, and Jesse.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
TF,

Any idea what Helle has on her saddle? It looks a bit like Shoe Goo or a similar product.

Thanks for all the pictures.

Hugh

My best guess is clear wetsuit cement (Aquaseal). Similar to Shoo Goo, but a bit softer and more flexible (both are urethane based adhesives).

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi!

Very interesting topic! I didn't know that even pros have to tune up their saddles like this.
I decided to post a reply because I think that I might have something to offer for this grip issue.

I have been focusing on tri saddle characteristics since 2017 when I started to design my own saddle for myself.
You can read more about how this project started from here: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...DIY_Saddle_P6758253/

I have recently got some interest towards my saddle design and I decided to make them more.
The main goal for the design has been to totally avoid genital pressure issues and as an "fine tuning" addition the saddle has changeable seat pads.
I actually sold last week my first custom made RAMUS saddle with leather upholstered seat pads and it is on its way to a 36 time Ironman finisher.
I hope that he will be happy for the design.

I am just finishing final details to bring to market four versions of the saddle which all can have changeable seat pads.
The "stock" version will have special grippy EVA material seat pads. The material is dermatologically tested and it won't suck water.
You will be able to choose whether you wan't to have the saddle with a firm or a bit softer (I will get this material by the end of this month) pads.
If you hope for a leather upholstering that will also be possible as a custom made project.

Here are couple of pictures of the saddle that I am currently using on my own bike as an example.
Take a look at my Instagram site to see more pictures!
Websites are also under construction.

Regards,
Erik

http://www.ramusseat.com
https://www.instagram.com/ramusseat
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever try stickum on the bars or pads? I’m looking for something to add a little tack to my pads. Sweat too much and slide around sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make a TT saddle stickier [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
Did you ever try stickum on the bars or pads? I’m looking for something to add a little tack to my pads. Sweat too much and slide around sometimes.

I use a wrap of 1" silicone rescue tape. It bonds to itself, but is non-adhesive (doesn't stick to the pads), and forms a wide "rubberband" that increases grip.

Quote Reply

Prev Next