Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev ,
Did MVDP cause JA to crash or did they both just have their heads down .
Quote Reply
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither were looking further than the next guy's wheel.
A motorbike isn't that small.

He won't be putting his arms up in the air for an early celebration any time soon, that's for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Dev ,

Totally Ala's fault. He was on his radio and not paying attention. I love the guy, but screwing up two monuments in a month? SMH.
Quote Reply
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
sward wrote:
Dev ,

Totally Ala's fault. He was on his radio and not paying attention. I love the guy, but screwing up two monuments in a month? SMH.

In fairness to Ala, hitting that moto while communicating with his team directeur could have happened to anyone. LBL OK that was stupid, but today, that shit happens in bike racing. What a fantastic two man finish between Van Aert and MVP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing race to watch , love the narrow roads and small villages they passed through .
What a place to ride a bike !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good tactic to drop a guy is veer towards the moto then swerve at the last second without calling out the obstacle. No friends in pro cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Good tactic to drop a guy is veer towards the moto then swerve at the last second without calling out the obstacle. No friends in pro cycling.

The entire situation was complicate

1. It was an S Turn, Moto is supposed to be out of the line of the face. On the left sweep just before moto should be on the right side, but then it was a right sweep and with a turn of its throttle moto should have gone out of the way enough that VanAert Could not draft moto
  2. Van Aert for sure took advantage of the moto. That's what you do when the moto is in the way every time the moto is in the way you draft it to build the gap on the followers.
  3. For whatever reason the moto dramatically slows down and almost stops on the right, but on the tarmac and does not pull off on the grass, just as Alaphilippe is about to talk into his radio

So combo of moto in the wrong place in the race line, Van Aert drafting it to the max, Moto suddenly decelerating, Van Aert not signalling before he swung out of the Moto line, and Alaphilippe fumbling with the radio at the exact moment. All in all, three things all at once. MVP barely got out in time. I don't think Alaphilippe had a chance to even see the moto until MVP swerved to avoid it.

From what I saw in the replay and it was a scenario of "its just part of racing and shit happens". I few things slightly different and nothing happens and we don't even notice all of the above items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I watch? Usually all bike racing just gets auto-recorded for me on YoutubeTV, but no Ronde van Vlaanderen showing for me in my recordings. Very disappointed; want to watch the finale of these three - then two - beating each other up on the bergs.
Quote Reply
Re: Alaphilippe Celebrations (spoilers for sure) [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully you are watching and our boy in rainbow can keep his hands on the bars until across the line today wherever he ends up this year!
Quote Reply

Prev Next