Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flats on the trainer
Quote | Reply
Hi, Any ideas on why I would be getting random flats on the trainer? It can be fine for weeks and suddenly is flat as I'm about to ride. I always top up the pressure before each session and it has only happened since I began using a trainer tire. Never a problem when using an old tire?

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photo of the hole that flatted it
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pinch flat? Improper installation of the inner tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be your issue:

After a long trainer ride don’t leave the tire in contact with the hot roller. When you are done riding the friction heat from the trainer roller transfers into the tire. That leads to melting and blown tubes. Release the tension and break the contact between the two. I changed my wife’s trainer tube three times before I figured it out. That was about a year ago. Been smooth sailing ever since.

Cheers
Collin
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [ATIS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ATIS wrote:

After a long trainer ride don’t leave the tire in contact with the hot roller. When you are done riding the friction heat from the trainer roller transfers into the tire. That leads to melting and blown tubes. Release the tension and break the contact between the two. I changed my wife’s trainer tube three times before I figured it out. That was about a year ago. Been smooth sailing ever since.

Cheers
Collin

^^^^^Probably this.

Another possibility is that the rim strip has shifted, partially exposing a spoke hole.

The tube damage and placement should give a pretty good clue as to the failure mode.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
ATIS wrote:

Cheers
Collin

^^^^^Probably this.

Another possibility is that the rim strip has shifted, partially exposing a spoke hole.

The tube damage and placement should give a pretty good clue as to the failure mode.

Another vote for rim strip/spoke hole. Also, try using a Slime tube, or just add sealant to yours.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Flats on the trainer [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use these on the trainer... or training rides for that matter. never deal with air again. https://tannusamerica.com/...tannus-airless-tires
Quote Reply