Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Aero Jerseys
Quote | Reply
So I've been wearing three Pactimo Jerseys and I'm looking for something new.

I wear cheap black DHB bibs, but don't mind spending more for some nice jerseys for training.

I actually like some of the Pro Team Cycling Jerseys that are aero like the Rapha EF ($195), Jumbo Visma (unavailable in my size), Bahrain McLaren ($154), UAE (unavailable), Bora, Sunweb, and Astana (about $100).

I also like a few Wattie aero jerseys, but the price is pretty high at $180.

Zoot and Castelli have a few decent jerseys, but kind of generic for around $100.

Are there any aero tops with a low cut neck that are reasonably priced around $100 that I should be looking at?

I love the EF jersey and Wattie Endless Summer, but the EF jersey is AF as in expensive AF. I'm just tired of boring run of the mill kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [WFPB Athlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nopinz should be in the consideration I'd think

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Castelli Aero Race jersey that fits really well and is supposedly very aero. It’s snug yet the fabric stretches, making it very comfortable. If you go to the Castelli web site, select the “Off the Back” sale section. You’l see some of these jerseys with Ineos logos for around $100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife bought me the EF kit for my birthday this year and it is by far my favorite kit for aero fit. Prefer over my endura or castelli kits. Would highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [chirider990] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chirider990 wrote:
My wife bought me the EF kit for my birthday this year and it is by far my favorite kit for aero fit. Prefer over my endura or castelli kits. Would highly recommend.

Good to know. I may pull the trigger, but that price tag...sheesh! On the other hand most quality jerseys are at least $100.

They do have a RCC version for $117, but you have to pay $100 to be a member to even buy the jersey. That level of exclusivity almost makes me not want to support Rapha as a customer. I reached out to customer service to see if there were discounts for new customers or for being added to their email list. I got a stone cold "No". Not even a 10%. Given their inflated prices that's rough. At least the quality and comfort were top notch.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
I have a Castelli Aero Race jersey that fits really well and is supposedly very aero. It’s snug yet the fabric stretches, making it very comfortable. If you go to the Castelli web site, select the “Off the Back” sale section. You’l see some of these jerseys with Ineos logos for around $100.

I’ve also used this and agree-very comfy and aero and usually some decent color options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Rapha RCC program is crap, really crap. I refuse to pay a manufacturer an annual fee just to get access to certain “exclusive” designs. Frankly this program completely turns me off buying anything from Rapha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit more than you're willing to spend, although they might have a sale at some point, Void Vortex https://voidcycling.com/...eturn=/en-se/jerseys

They also have it in black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What temperature range are you looking for? For summer riding the BioRacer AeroMesh https://www.bioracer.be/...ace-proven-aero-mesh[/url] jersey is absolutely the best jersey I’ve ever worn. It was so good that I went on Alibaba and have my own version made (which was maybe 90% as good.) the BioRacer SpeedConcept jersey is also very nice but can’t wear that on hot days. I also have a NoPinz Trip jersey (made to measure) but the BioRace jersey fits me better so it probably wins the aero competition. I also had a Rule 28 jersey. It doesn’t use any fancy “aerostripe” materials but it was very nice and fit like a glove.

Things I suggest looking for: the best fit with minimal wrinkles in your riding position, sleeves to the top of the elbows as skin is slow, I hate collars but don’t know it’s that make it any more aero or not and finally buzzwords like Monica, Speedsilk, aerostripe, etc. when looking at the fabrics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for in a $100 training jersey that a $50 jersey doesn't offer?

Is there some level or comfort?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you mean DHB from Wiggle, they do have some lower-priced DHB aero jerseys.

The only way to shop Rapha is to wait for the end-of-season sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll probably get laughed out of this thread, but I’ve had Wattie and Castilli and a few other more expensive jerseys over the years.

I randomly took a chance on some Ali Express jerseys that I really loved the design and figured it was worth the $20 gamble.

I’ve been super impressed with the Racmmer jerseys: Racmmer Official Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNWgPf1

They’re not true aero jerseys, but they fit nice and slim similar to any other mainstream brand (I wear a M).

I still haven’t taken a gamble on cheap shorts and still spend coin on those. But for everyday training I have several of the Racmmer jerseys I use as my go to jersey. The oldest i have has had 3 summers of weekly use and looks brand new.

I can’t justify the cost of the others for everyday jerseys anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took a chance and got 10 Weimostar jerseys from alibaba for $109.

I really like the aero fit. They're a little thin but i kept 3 of them for me and I've been wearing them since April.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple Racmmer jerseys. They're fine - nice and tight, and have held up well so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [Kwalton839] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes plus one for Racmmer, a good aero jersey for the price of a pair of Rapha socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
What temperature range are you looking for? For summer riding the BioRacer AeroMesh https://www.bioracer.be/...ace-proven-aero-mesh[/url] jersey is absolutely the best jersey I’ve ever worn. It was so good that I went on Alibaba and have my own version made (which was maybe 90% as good.) the BioRacer SpeedConcept jersey is also very nice but can’t wear that on hot days. I also have a NoPinz Trip jersey (made to measure) but the BioRace jersey fits me better so it probably wins the aero competition. I also had a Rule 28 jersey. It doesn’t use any fancy “aerostripe” materials but it was very nice and fit like a glove.

Things I suggest looking for: the best fit with minimal wrinkles in your riding position, sleeves to the top of the elbows as skin is slow, I hate collars but don’t know it’s that make it any more aero or not and finally buzzwords like Monica, Speedsilk, aerostripe, etc. when looking at the fabrics.

I like the mesh construction of the Bioracer jersey. I suppose you design your own? Any minimum quantity and what are the prices?

Borah has a similar selection of jerseys with a minimum of 5 per order as they are geared toward teams.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
The Rapha RCC program is crap, really crap. I refuse to pay a manufacturer an annual fee just to get access to certain “exclusive” designs. Frankly this program completely turns me off buying anything from Rapha.

Memberships that have to be purchased to access lower prices are a total crock. The Rapha RCC program takes the cake in this department as it's clothing based. I could potentially see this for food like Costco or Sam's Club, but for clothing? That's ridiculous from my perspective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure about minimums. My AeroMesh jersey was a gift from one of the Dimension Data conti riders that I helped coach. My non mesh SpeedConcept Aero Jersey https://www.bioracer.com/...83/race-proven-aero-[/url] was off the rack from BioRacer USA/Belgium Bike. I’m sure if you contacted them, Roel and the crew could help you out with all of the information that you’d possibly want to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aero Jerseys [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see where you can order individual jerseys from Bioracer. They look nice.

Wilier has some very nice jerseys as well. It should give me several options to choose from although I still love the EF team jersey. I might have to scoop one up regardless, although spending that kind of money does suck.
Quote Reply