Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P(3)X customization
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a new bike.
Now I am pretty sure it could be a Cervelo PX
Lots of storage, I like the looks. Disc brakes.
The only thing I cant figure out is what can be customized with the cockpit. A one piece extension like speedbar is not possible??

What other things did you modify?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
I am looking for a new bike.
Now I am pretty sure it could be a Cervelo PX
Lots of storage, I like the looks. Disc brakes.
The only thing I cant figure out is what can be customized with the cockpit. A one piece extension like speedbar is not possible??

What other things did you modify?

I am an owner of a P3X and love it (first proper race coming up on it). Not sure that the cockpit is that easy to customise. Certainly arm rests are easy, the Cervelo ones are nice put I wanted something that felt more locked in and changed over to some Profile Design ones (note the tri-rig arm rests would need to be re-drilled to fit which is a bit iffy....no matching bolt pattern). You can obviously change the extensions to whatever you like that will fit the standard diameter...I just run the stock ski bend extensions at the moment....they are easy to tilt so no stress there. 99% sure that speedbar would not work.

I am super happy with the bike. It is a tad porky weight wise but my races are all on pretty flat courses otherwise I can go back to my P3 if needed. I changed the cranks to shorter DA cranks, added my Favero pedals, ceramic speed OSPW system, changed the saddle, added my bottle cages.....very very happy. Bank balance not so happy. Wife yet to find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sync ergnomics has a setup that works with the P3X front end.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to place the di2 junctionbox in the extensions.?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:

you have to purchase the di2 junction box that fits an extension end and get new extentions.

https://www.tritownboise.com/blogs/blog/the-cervelo-p5-disc-tilt-adjustable-aerobar-with-n/

the riser bar install on the P5D in this link is applicable to what youre asking.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:

The question I have is why would you want to? At the moment the junction box is well hidden within its own cavity/box behind the cockpit. The downsides of this are that it can be a slight pain to get to for charging and the plastic enclosure is prone to breaking...mine has twice. You can "easily" re-wire things so you switch to the bar end A-junction box in the newer road bike Di2 systems...I would have to check my bike for how much clearance you would have to insert the charging cable though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could stick the P5 basebar on, idk if that's an upgrade or not though. Maybe extension shape to your preferred shape or elbow cups/pads to your preferred cup/pad shape.

I think the areas I'd look to optimize the bike would be maybe putting in a Hawk BB and pulleys for drag reduction, and if you really want to save another, at most 1.5w, putting on an oversized pulley.

That's the plan for when I get my P3x, although it already has the P5x basebars on it. I'll swap the ceramic BB on it for a hawk racing BB. Might change to a different PM as well.

On the whole these bikes are pretty much, put on your race wheels and go ready.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amnesia wrote:
rbe wrote:

The question I have is why would you want to? At the moment the junction box is well hidden within its own cavity/box behind the cockpit. The downsides of this are that it can be a slight pain to get to for charging and the plastic enclosure is prone to breaking...mine has twice. You can "easily" re-wire things so you switch to the bar end A-junction box in the newer road bike Di2 systems...I would have to check my bike for how much clearance you would have to insert the charging cable though.

i dunno how youre doing it, but if you stick something into the cavity and press the clip from the inside back towards the bento it comes off quite easily. i scratched my head a lot and thought i was going to break it till i figured that out.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
You could stick the P5 basebar on, idk if that's an upgrade or not though. Maybe extension shape to your preferred shape or elbow cups/pads to your preferred cup/pad shape.

I think the areas I'd look to optimize the bike would be maybe putting in a Hawk BB and pulleys for drag reduction, and if you really want to save another, at most 1.5w, putting on an oversized pulley.

That's the plan for when I get my P3x, although it already has the P5x basebars on it. I'll swap the ceramic BB on it for a hawk racing BB. Might change to a different PM as well.

You cannot set the ex11 base bar on the PX. Or did you mean P5X?

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes P5X as that's what's on my P3X.
My bad, not enough caffeine prior to posting

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

You finally retiring the Plasma?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

if you swap out the ceramicspeed BB that's in there I will not deliver it to you. And the Quarq is the best PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:

You finally retiring the Plasma?

I've always said there were very few bikes currently (or even soon to be) available that would benefit me switching from the plasma. The P3X is the one bike that could and did get me to switch.

Now that's not to say there aren't other bikes that are faster than the plasma. Yet if you do a few things to the plasma 3, you can roll into any 70.3 or IM and be extremely confident that <5% of people in your age group (or the pro field if you're racing pro) have bikes faster than yours.

The real question is do I sell the plasma or hang it on the wall over the fireplace? I've heard art is a good investment.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 15, 20 0:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have an adapter for a PX/P3X/P5 Disc (using the EX10 monopost) to mount our Ascalon extensions. I did an install on a P5 disc today, pics below

Any Qs just let me know.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Last edited by: Xavier: Oct 16, 20 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Nice

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are an engineering company specialized in 3d printing, we have immersed ourselves in the world of cycling, manufacturing almost any type of custom parts.

Our main products today are aerobars (NOWIND) and toolboxes (NOWORRY), with the main feature that each and every one of our items is 100% sized for your bike and your needs.

We scan your position on the bike so that the NOWIND is 100% fit and confortable for you.
This condition makes it totally aero and fast.

You can see our work at: http://uniqocustombikes.com/

If you need more information contact us at: info@uniqocustombikes.com
Greetings, Alba.
Last edited by: Uniqo: Nov 5, 20 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier, can you provide the dimensions for this adapter?
What is the width at the end(where the extensions mount)?
What is the distance from the angle mount plate to the rearward mounting hole for the extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to put the tririg scoops on my p5x for the reach I needed, but I recall there not being a lot of options for fine-tuning the position outside of that, at least not those that would have worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P(3)X customization [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The width spacing is 110mm, and there’s 36mm of reach from the where the two bolts are which attach the adapter to the EX10 post to the rearmost Ascalon bolt

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply