Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like some new extensions from 51ss. Wonder when those will be available.

Hard to tell in the photo but I can’t see any flat storage options.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Said in another post. Nice bike. Looks like a Trek and a felt had a baby

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Storage? Bta integrated?
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there Is a flat storage inside the Bike ;)

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decent looking bike. Hopefully they don't go the route of so many others with to-the-moon pricing. IMO a lot of bike brands are unintentionally opening up the market for QR.
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the Scott video, Kienle goes through the details of why the bike is more aero. He talks about the fork, the gap from front wheel to down tube, the tight fit of the rear wheel and the separation caused by the storage box. Not sure how real it all is, but it's nice to see explanations of their design decisions. I hope they follow up with data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avybb3-IPEU

On Facebook someone flashed some "aero numbers" but was told to take it down. I hope they eventually publish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nifty, but nothing revolutionary. I'm more excited about them finally offering the Dark Matter in a color other than "Buick LeSabre Beige."

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Website link only gives me a picture and a CTA, no information. Care to post some specs?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Trek + Felt = meh Argon
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
Trek + Felt = meh Argon

Trek SC (I own one) = shit brakes, shit bottom bracket, pain to adjust the height of aero bars

Felt IA (I owned one) = heavy as fuck, shitty to adjust handle bars with no tilt and ton of spacers and washers/bolts, shitty saddle adjustment, shitty bento box.

I don't think the argon is exactly a marriage of the above, it looks to be much better. .02
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Argon 18 has a post on the integrated disc brakes

https://www.argon18.com/...tegrated-disc-brakes
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [walfisch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walfisch wrote:

So a 1 watt advantage if riding at 300 watts...
I wonder how easy/difficult the calipers are to work on, adjust or replace if needed? Would it have been better to sacrifice 1 watt and been able to use any disc caliper?
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
walfisch wrote:

I wonder how easy/difficult the calipers are to work on, adjust or replace if needed? Would it have been better to sacrifice 1 watt and been able to use any disc caliper?

Guess we have to wait for them to do the full reveal of the bike details, including stuff like the in-frame storage, pricing etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
walfisch wrote:

The rest of the aero data they will release will be interesting
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [walfisch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awhile back I was listening to a podcast with the owner of Parcours wheels, it was The Brick Session podcast.

And he was talking about the next real thing was designing disc brake wheels as integrated systems to be more aerodynamic than their rim brake predecessor/competitors. Based on that it seems for the most part disc rotors are just slapped onto the wheel.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your adjusting the bars a lot your doing it wrong

If you break a lot your doing it wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:

To each their own, but for me, it would be nice to experiment with different bar height once in a while without a pain in the ass disassembly.
And with regards to brakes, I'm not talking about braking power, I'm talking about brakes not properly returning to their open position, brake arms not being pulled equally, and a major pain to swap in wheels that are of different rim width.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Rideon77 wrote:

To each their own, but for me, it would be nice to experiment with different bar height once in a while without a pain in the ass disassembly.
And with regards to brakes, I'm not talking about braking power, I'm talking about brakes not properly returning to their open position, brake arms not being pulled equally, and a major pain to swap in wheels that are of different rim width.

bingo. coming from a bike thats not easily adjustable on the front end at all to one that i can adjust VERY easily, ill take the latter any day of the week. its nice to go for a ride and be able to use my jersey pocket tool kit adjust stuff on the side of the road in 2 min to see what difference i feel.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Rideon77 wrote:

bingo. coming from a bike thats not easily adjustable on the front end at all to one that i can adjust VERY easily, ill take the latter any day of the week. its nice to go for a ride and be able to use my jersey pocket tool kit adjust stuff on the side of the road in 2 min to see what difference i feel.

Or nicer with disc brakes that never need to be adjusted if you don't eff em up versus shitty rim brakes that are basically amateur hour garbage. Easy to tool on, but really crap overall and work like crap too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:

Ease of aero testing is probably the biggest thing manufacturers can do in the age of peek aero
Last edited by: marcag: Oct 13, 20 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Electron or Pro Pursuit also?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:

Braking is dictated by the course. (ask Chloe Dygert). I agree that a lot of triathlons that require effectively no bike handling skill really don't need much in the way of brakes. Unless you want to use your bike to train on a lot.

I tinker all the time with bar position. Why not? Doing your own A/B aero testing is *so* much easier with easy adjustments of the bars.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 13, 20 12:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
walfisch wrote:

It's design for design's sake... that's the way disc brakes should *always* have been.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:

I'm always tinkering.

Also, saddle height, setback, and tilt are somewhat dependent on where my fitness is and what my legs and body are doing. Sometimes.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next