Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
Hi Eric, great thread!

This is for my wife, she is currently on a 2011 Cannondale Slice size 58 and wants to switch to a Cervelo to complement her S3 and Caledonia.
Pad X - 530 to center from a fit sheet, I can measure actual to back of pads (PD Ergo) if needed
Pad Y - 625

She does not like the look of the PX series so P5, P-series, NP3 would be the type she'd consider. She doesn't do triathlon, purely TTs which mostly don't care about UCI regulations but may occasionally need to squish into a UCI compliant position.

Hope that's the info you need and thanks for any advice!

Pad Stack of 625mm and Pad Reach of 480mm is long and low, a good TT position. With those numbers she could fit on a 54cm (reach maxed out), 56cm, or 58cm (stack slammed) P5d.

I’d not recommend the 54cm, but a case could be made for either the 56cm or the 58cm, with the 56cm being closest to UCI compliant of the reach exemption. She’d have 15mm of more reach to play with on the 56cm or 15mm of less stack on the 58cm.

So, 56cm... make sense?

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes perfect sense, a 56 is what I was assuming so nice to have confirmation, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
Makes perfect sense, a 56 is what I was assuming so nice to have confirmation, thanks!

Good luck! Post a pic when you get sorted :)

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now for me, I'm currently on a 2008 P3C size 54 that I'm pretty much at the limit of making it fit me. I switched to 155mm cranks last year and now have a bunch of spacers under the stem, less than ideal. I do TTs and Triathlon up to 70.3 distance. I always seem to need a ton of reach on bikes.

Pad X - 555 (to center on PD Ergo)
Pad Y - 640
Pad Z - 230
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
Now for me, I'm currently on a 2008 P3C size 54 that I'm pretty much at the limit of making it fit me. I switched to 155mm cranks last year and now have a bunch of spacers under the stem, less than ideal. I do TTs and Triathlon up to 70.3 distance. I always seem to need a ton of reach on bikes.

Pad X - 555 (to center on PD Ergo)
Pad Y - 640
Pad Z - 230

With those numbers you'd be in the lower right quadrant of a size 58cm P5d or a size L P3x. You'd also fit on a size XL P3x but with only about 18mm of stack to play with.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heya Eric

So the supplier I was planning on using sold the last Medium frame today - Would you say getting the large is a bad idea? Would I be as comfortable on the large as on the medium? Its a huge investment if the size is wrong
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [MercuryStorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MercuryStorm wrote:
Heya Eric

So the supplier I was planning on using sold the last Medium frame today - Would you say getting the large is a bad idea? Would I be as comfortable on the large as on the medium? Its a huge investment if the size is wrong

Rereading my response to you I’m less than comfortable on giving you an “official” recommendation. I said a size L might work, but that’s an assumption based on an estimation... a SWAG.

To be on solid footing, I need an actual stack and reach measurement of your current bike and not the counting pixels estimation that I did in the post. I’m fairly sure I’m right, but the cost for being wrong is too steep.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric, I have the frame back from its insurance assessment and the only thing that has been removed is the saddle and the crank (I removed) - I will work to take the measurements for stack and reach and then provide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Do you know if cervelo have updated the fit calculator for the p5 on their website to account for the greater range of the ex10 bar that the 2021 models come with? If not is there a simple method to work out the reach range from the figures given on the ex11? Is 0mm taken from the same place on both bars?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

What size P5D or a P(3)X is needed for a body length
Of 191cm and a inseam length of 92cm.
Both a L or a XL will fit I think

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jn46 wrote:
Hi Eric,

Do you know if cervelo have updated the fit calculator for the p5 on their website to account for the greater range of the ex10 bar that the 2021 models come with? If not is there a simple method to work out the reach range from the figures given on the ex11? Is 0mm taken from the same place on both bars?

Thanks.

10-4, let me check on that... I'll get back to you shortly.

Eric

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
Hi Eric

What size P5D or a P(3)X is needed for a body length
Of 191cm and a inseam length of 92cm.
Both a L or a XL will fit I think

You're taller than me and I'd ride an XL PX or P3x if I had to. For a P5d, you'd need to make sure you fit as the P5d is 25mm or 1" shorter in reach than the P3x or Px.

Let me double check this, as the P5d is now coming with the "good" EX10 mono-riser, ie. the one that originally came with the P3x. It's tiltable and has a wider adjustability. If that's the case the reach difference between PX/P3x and P5d will be much closer.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my measurements on the trainer

Pad Y = 658
Pad X = 462

Pad Y is to the top of the pad without the cushion

Measurements:
Top of Pad to Ground: 925mm
BB to Ground: 267mm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

interested in P5d.

I'm currently riding a P5-6 61cm, with high risers and 15 degrees on the pads

Pad stack (to top of pad): 700
Pad reach (X): 450
Pad Z: 118

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [badger2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am looking for my first tri bike in my local market place.

I see a 2014 P3 56cm for sale, but haven't had a chance to go out and see how it feels.

I am 6'1, 170lb

I was previously fitted on a road bike with aero bars. With the numbers below. The bike fit a bit big for me.

How do you think I'd fit on the 2014 p3 56?

HX 470
HY 640
SX 205
SY 715
Stack 545
Reach 396
Armpad Stack/Reach 680 432

Saddle Height 805
C Nose to Bar 555
D Drop 0
B Setback from BB
Nose to Hood 505
Last edited by: epg0: Oct 11, 20 8:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [MercuryStorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is X to back of pad?

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [badger2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
badger2 wrote:
Hi

interested in P5d.

I'm currently riding a P5-6 61cm, with high risers and 15 degrees on the pads

Pad stack (to top of pad): 700
Pad reach (X): 450
Pad Z: 118

Thanks

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

So at 700mm you are juuuuuust ever so slightly too tall for a size 58cm P5d. Upper left quadrant for sure. You’d only have to come down 5mm, which is not much. Based on your “upper leftness” though, I can see you perhaps having a saddle intervention or some postural coaching and then rotating into the center/orthodox area of the size 58cm fit chart.

So... make sense? You will definitely want a 2020 P5d with the tiltable EX10 mono-riser.

Eric

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [epg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
epg0 wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for my first tri bike in my local market place.

I see a 2014 P3 56cm for sale, but haven't had a chance to go out and see how it feels.

I am 6'1, 170lb

I was previously fitted on a road bike with aero bars. With the numbers below. The bike fit a bit big for me.

How do you think I'd fit on the 2014 p3 56?

HX 470
HY 640
SX 205
SY 715
Stack 545
Reach 396
Armpad Stack/Reach 680 432

Saddle Height 805
C Nose to Bar 555
D Drop 0
B Setback from BB
Nose to Hood 505

Hi there

So first, fitting on a road bike is less than ideal because it predisposes your toward a “slack” position, because of the limits of the frame geometry and bars and stem. You are stuck adding extra stack on top of the drop bars that you might not have had to do when on a tri bike or fit bike.

Second, with a pad stack of 680mm and a pad reach of 432mm I’m automatically concerned about your fit (because it’s out of the orthodox range) and would recommend you go see a competent fitter before making a pre-purchase decision.

Third, if you saw me as your competent fitter, I’m 100% positive I would find the right saddle and the right postural coaching such that a 56cm NP3 would be too low and not long enough, and we’d put you on a 58cm NP3 or P5d.

So... could you make a 56cm work? Sure, or maybe, but it would be very suboptimal and possibly not feasible. Should you? Probably not. I’d like this question a lot better if you were thinking about a 56cm P-Series because of the better thought out cockpit options that the P-Series has.

Make sense? At a stack of 680mm I’d like to see you more in the 450-475mm pad reach range and on a 58cm NP3.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Middle of Pad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MercuryStorm wrote:
Middle of Pad

OK, this changes things. First, here's what I thought you were:

Quote:
So, you look to be about 620-640mm stack and 437mm of reach.

I was off by a few mm. With an actual Pad Stack of 658mm and Pad Reach of 412mm (back of pad) you're in the upper left quadrant of a size M, and off the charts left for a size L. That said, you'd only need to add 8mm of reach to hit the back range of a size L PX bike. Based on the picture of your fit I think you could do it.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Eric - this is greatly appreciated

The supplier I was dealing with can do a P3X in medium, and from what I have read the only real difference is the the basebar (doesnt split) and the colour.. so I may take this in a medium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric

thanks for the quick reply!

A couple of things to think about there.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MercuryStorm wrote:
Thank you Eric - this is greatly appreciated

The supplier I was dealing with can do a P3X in medium, and from what I have read the only real difference is the the basebar (doesnt split) and the colour.. so I may take this in a medium

go for it! Good to hear.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Interested in a P5d or p series.

Pad X 630
Pad Y 470
Pad Z 190

Height 177cm, 165mm cranks, saddle height 760, sitero 2 saddle.

My current set up is fairly high hands, with a 10degree tilted pad and 40degree extensions.

The height at back of the pad is 630, so slopes up about 15mm to the front. I ride with my elbows very much on the pads, about 20mm further forwards from the back. I might even scoot a bit further than this when properly trying to turtle.

Stats on the website put me at max reach on the 54, although the ex10 bar will give a bit more scope.

I would've happily said 56cm on last year's models with the ex11, and am still thinking 56 with the ex10, but a 54 is now more of an option.

I can't see myself needing to get lower, but could maybe go a couple of cm longer.

Hopefully pic attached. This was crudely done on my phone earlier today after a turbo session, but hopefully gives an idea of where I'm at (medium Scott plasma, 11cm stem, not enough front centre for comfortably fast corners in aero as I've got longer).

I think with the p series, which I'd build up myself from frame, I'd also go 56, but bar choice might be more limited to get a low enough stack.

Would there be any benefits in going for the smaller 54 frame? Just conscious that Ben Hoffman (similar height) and David Mcnamee (taller) are both running 54s, so thinking more monopost exposed might be faster.

Thanks.

James
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am currently on a 2005 P3SL with 170mm cranks. I am 6'4" tall. My saddle height is 828mm, pad X (to back of pad) is 479mm and pad Y is 689mm. I am looking at a Cervelo P-series; what frame size would you recommend?

A video of my current fit is at the bottom of this thread.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...L_P7128799/#p7128799

Thank you!

-Keith
Last edited by: khanlon: Oct 19, 20 19:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next