Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Liquid IV
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried liquid IV? I got the sample pack for cheap and was curious if anybody has had success using the product.

The company makes some pretty bold claims, but as does every other company.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Liquid IV [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend I completed a century ride using Liquid IV with GU Electrolyte tabs and I felt great. That combo had 850 sodium which seemed to work well for my metabolism hourly. I liked the taste of the Liquid IV and it didn't cause any discomfort at all. My first go with Liquid IV was very positive. I used one per hour of each and felt great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I use it everyday more for recovery later in the day as part of our water intake. She loves hers with ice in it. It is loaded with sodium and tastes pretty good. I know a few others, including my coach, who use it and believe it makes a difference. I think they just introduced a few new flavors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drink it some on the weekend if I’ve neglected my fluid intake or had some harder sessions. I have to dilute it more than it recommends. It seems really sweet if you don’t.

Apparently it’s popular among college aged kids to help get over the hangover after a night or heavy weekend of heavy drinking. Place I got mine said they sell more of it to frat boys than athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried the original formula, and I really like it, especially in hot weather. It's sweeter than many sports drinks, but the high salt content prevents it from being cloying. It would probably be good late in a long race when you get tired of sugar. I always find myself looking forward to that bottle.

They've also got a caffeine formula that's new, but I haven't tried that one.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: Liquid IV [Jotaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One comment about Liquid IV, I did seem to have to pee more then normal when using it. I think the fix may have just been an adjustment to how much fluid I take in. Using the normal amount of fluid intake though with Liquid IV seemed to result in more need to pee.
Quote Reply