Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Aeroad
Quote | Reply
I know it had been leaked for about 10 months now. But I think it is a pretty cool bike.
The ability to take apart the handlebars seems interesting, as does the fact that it is kind of using a quill stem. (on the top of the line CFR)
Quote Reply
Re: New Aeroad [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2021-canyon-aeroad/

Looks nice and the numbers look good, though I'm not sure we ever had great comparisons of how fast the original Aeroad was to any other bike which makes their own number comparisons relatively worthless. They're not going to be able to keep that Ultegra di2 model in stock. In the US at least.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Oct 6, 20 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: New Aeroad [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I predicted the handlebars on Bikeforums a bit ago. A topic came up about "what would get you to buy a new road bike". I stated fit adjustable OEM handlebar width and stem "reach". So no buying bars and stems for fit anymore but with OEM integration and look.

Boom, there it is!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that pricing is something. It looks like they trimmed about 25-30% off the price of a comparable Specialized, Trek,.... bike. The Ultegra Di2 is especially attractive at ~$5000.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aeroad [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went and check on Canyon's site and it looks like bikeradar has the wrong prices listed. Or Canyon is selling them above MSRP to start. https://www.canyon.com/...eroad/aeroad-cf-slx/. Currently $6000 for either the Force AXS or Ultegra di2 build.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even the mechanical ultegra bike at 4400 with carbon wheels, does not get the fancy hidden cables, but still a solid deal.
Even the 9k (way above my price range) with full AXS, power meter and those wheels seems to be 2k less than most comparable models.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aeroad [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting about the quill stem. I just bought a 2021 Cervelo S Series (new name for the S3), and it has a fully integrated handlebar / stem with a quill adjustment. I haven’t had to adjust it yet, so no idea how to actually use the quill system or how hard it is to use.
Quote Reply