Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ?
Quote | Reply
Recently bought a new bike and got fitted , and after a month developed a slight hip issue /ache that I can feel most of the time . Bursitis? Does not feel like a muscle strain .
It’s a constant ache and dull pain but only on the left side .
Just looking for advice really as I know there is many variables that could have caused this .
Would colder weather contribute to this ? I’m 65 who has been involved in cycling and running for 40 years .
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What changed in your fit coordinates, or hardware (ie. crank length), from the old bike to the new bike?
Last edited by: rijndael: Oct 5, 20 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reach is about + 4mm different and actually feels ok .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
posting a video of your fit would be helpful, otherwise answers will be just guesses. a fit video will create better guesses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4mm isn’t really an overhaul of your fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
4mm isn’t really an overhaul of your fit.

It is for this guy :)

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I changed to a DASH saddle (higher saddle), and though ground to top of saddle was exactly the same, I developed hip issues. So I read most issues like that can be fixed by lowering a saddle somewhat (likely a huge generalization), so I did. Sure enough, I have happy hips again!
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. Goes to the point of don’t assume anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it a different/new saddle? Could be putting your pelvis in a slightly different position resulting in a kind of sticking issue, the pelvis is stuck even when off the bike. Maybe consulting a PT could shed some light. Also for a quicker check try lowering the saddle a bit, that’s helped me with some hip discomfort in the past. Bike fits are great but aren’t always perfect straight out of the gate some trial and error and small adjustments after riding are sometimes needed to really get things dialed in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the old bike and new have the same crank lengths? I messed this up once on a new bike that had 172.5 cranks and I moved my measurements over from a bike that had 170 cranks and I used the center of the bottom bracket as my reference point. Messed up my hips until I figured it out
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx I will check .
Quote Reply
Re: Hip issue - New Bike and position Connected ? [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested to see your position, most people would not notice 2.5mm - let alone having it cause them an injury.
Quote Reply