Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clever Zwift Tricks
Quote | Reply
I'm probably just late to this party, but today I finally got around to connecting my Garmin Connect account to Zwift. I rode up a mountain pass in Innsbruck Austria and when I looked at the data in GC it looked like I had actually rode my bike in Austria. It shows the route I took up the pass, all the turns on the road, the elevation, etc. I can even open the map and zoom in on the route. Other than labeling the ride as "Zwift - Innsbruck" and "Virtual Ride" it looks no different than riding in my neighborhood.

I just switched from Rouvy to Zwift this month and for some reason I thought that Zwift was only virtual worlds. Obviously not.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
I'm probably just late to this party, but today I finally got around to connecting my Garmin Connect account to Zwift. I rode up a mountain pass in Innsbruck Austria and when I looked at the data in GC it looked like I had actually rode my bike in Austria. It shows the route I took up the pass, all the turns on the road, the elevation, etc. I can even open the map and zoom in on the route. Other than labeling the ride as "Zwift - Innsbruck" and "Virtual Ride" it looks no different than riding in my neighborhood.

I just switched from Rouvy to Zwift this month and for some reason I thought that Zwift was only virtual worlds. Obviously not.

Nothing like warming up in London, and then several minutes later racing in Richmond or Innsbruck :)

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watopia is Virtual and the futuristic routes in New York are as well.

I haven't been on since April so I don't know what's new.
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you zoom the map out, Watopia is actually South East of the Salomon Islands, North of Vanuatu. Ha!
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is but the volcano route is in the ocean as well as part of the the desert routes
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, indeed it is
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still my favorite place for virtual riding, it's got some of everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Clever Zwift Tricks [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My comment was directed towards Zwift's ability to "spoof" the GPS data for some of their rides. I find that pretty cleaver from a programing stand point.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
My comment was directed towards Zwift's ability to "spoof" the GPS data for some of their rides. I find that pretty cleaver from a programing stand point.

The result of that is my Strava timeline has multiple instances like this, where at 6:42PM I was warming up in London, and then at 7:06PM I was racing in Bologna :)

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply