Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman in 2021 [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m all in for next year with three IMs and three 70.3s on the schedule.

Hopefully, science has figured something out by next May.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Well either you will have your hands full training and racing or telling us how racing won't happen in 2021 :)

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a half and a full on the calendar (Blue Ridge and Maryland) and both are short drives which should limit the risk due to travel. Worst case they get pushed back a year and I am already paid for. I expect races to be on though but travel may get dicey so wouldn't sign up for an international race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only Planning to race once all this is done.

Hopefully we can see some improvements Spring 2021 but I`m not planning to do anything.

But honestly, I think 2021 will be similar to 2020.

Hopefully the Ironman Brand can survive that.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SnowChicken wrote:
I have a half and a full on the calendar (Blue Ridge and Maryland) and both are short drives which should limit the risk due to travel. Worst case they get pushed back a year and I am already paid for. I expect races to be on though but travel may get dicey so wouldn't sign up for an international race

I will be seeing you in Maryland
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Well either you will have your hands full training and racing or telling us how racing won't happen in 2021 :)

I’m confident (-ish) that modern science will cut us a break next year.

There was zero chance of that happening this year.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not responding to you directly but the entire thread in general......I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned that all current registration for next years races have a no questions asked deferral offer if you register for the race in a specified period of time. For Mont Tremblant for example if you register before December 20th you are eligible for deferral and can defer up until July 8th.

I saw that and jumped on it as I wanted to race Mont Tremblant all along in 2021 but figured I can re-evaluate things in terms of CV-19 (and if I can even cross the border) in the July time frame. I don't recall Ironman ever offering a no questions ask deferral policy like this before.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [forshy0516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don’t feel like there is much to lose other than giving IM an interest free loan.

Races are all selling out quickly. Pick a race you might want to do and make a decision 2-3 months out.

I’m doing what Dev suggests earlier in the thread. Going to build a good solid base on about 8-10 hours with some higher intensity work and then with 3 months to go decide if I want to do the IM volume build or focus on shorter distances.

I’m signed up for Chatty 70.3 in May and IMLP in July.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben's been my coach since meeting him randomly post Kona in Honolulu in 2014. He was just on holiday and we recognised him in a surf store. My friend knew I was done with my coach and asked 'do you coach?' 'This is my passion' was his reply in the French accent sounded rather cool and I hired him on the spot. I flew to France and did two Kona training blocks the following two years with him in Bordeaux and we would swim across the lake at Hourtin the 3.8km race course. I was supposed to do the XXL as a goal race this year in May. My flights were booked and I was excited to race in front of Ben for only the second time until Covid but will definitely get back there. Fingers crossed this shit ends soon enough but personally I can't see it so I am committing to nothing too far from home having already lost out...

Here's the plug to his race series ;)

https://www.frenchmantriathlon.com/frenchman-hourtin/triathlon-distance-xxl/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
I wouldn't "invest" the money.

exactly...i will now have my $600 sitting in their bank for the past 18 months
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

Same here. Still training for Texas..........
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

Look at the bright side, if you had put that 600 in investments, it might now only be worth 400.... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
casper3043 wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

Same here. Still training for Texas..........

Haha....its an "investment" in keeping us motivated to train vs an investment in something like Carnival Cruise lines or United Airlines or Coca Cola stock (it actually baffles me how something so non essential to human life can have a market cap of $212 billion while poisoning the world with excess sugar other than mile 13 of an Ironman....but that's another topic)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could have put it towards bills. If I acted quicker I would've done a chargeback. I'm no legal expert, but holding onto someone's money for that long should not be legal. You live and learn...local events for me from now on, they at least have morals.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman in 2021 [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:

I’m signed up for Chatty 70.3 in May
i picked chatty as well for next year, decided on it yesterday afternoon. seems to be the closest race that will work with my schedule as well as set me up for cozumel this time next year.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply

Prev Next