Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wonky Fenix 5
Quote | Reply
The GPS data for my last two long runs has been off. Last week I ran a route I know to be 18 miles, give or take. My watch told me the run was 17.5 miles, which is not great but I’ve seen such discrepancies now and then in the past. However, my splits were all off and the biggest issue was that the map of my run shows it stopping at about the 4.75 mile mark.

Today’s long run was better. The miles and splits were much better, but again the map was off. The map shows that I stopped the run about 1.25 miles from where I actually stopped it. When I uploaded to Relive, it showed my time and distance as if I I had stopped when my watch said I did. Even though my Garmin data shows my actual time and distance.

Anyone experience this or have any idea what’s going on? My runs were in the city, so there are certain spots where the GPS can go a little crazy sometimes, but not like this. And I haven’t had this issue on my shorter runs.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Wonky Fenix 5 [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to go to the activity's GPS settings and switch the GPS.

Hold down the menu button > Settings > Activities & Apps > Run > Run Settings > GPS

You could try GPS + GLONASS or GPS + GALILEO and maybe it will work better for you.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Wonky Fenix 5 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the idea. I’ve had it on the GPS and Glonass setting since I bought it 2.5 years ago. Any reason to think the Galileo setting would be better?
Quote Reply
Re: Wonky Fenix 5 [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philarunner wrote:
Thanks for the idea. I’ve had it on the GPS and Glonass setting since I bought it 2.5 years ago. Any reason to think the Galileo setting would be better?

I'm not really sure, but it could be worth a shot to try to see if it is better. It probably depends on your location and satellite coverage for your specific area.

I thought you just got the watch or something - it worked for 2.5 years and now doesn't record GPS the same? That's weird.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply