Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Debate #1 thread [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
jharris wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jharris wrote:

I feel that the world has altered over time and much that is generally accepted today once wasn’t. Heck, in 1980 if someone had a tattoo they were judged. We would have chosen a Presidential candidate who was married and never divorced. It’s just not the same world anymore.

Did you vote in 1980?

If not, did you read up on that election? Who was the winner? Was he ever divorced?

Like Grifter Twump, you just stated a falsehood.

I was too young to vote. Far too young then.

So, forgive me if my idea of “family values” and character was a poor example. I just don’t believe that matters as much now. It may with the older voters. Hell, the 21 year olds think Biden quotes are Trump quotes and don’t know what the civil war is .... according to videos of random people on California beaches. I don’t think they vote today the same as people did in 1980. That’s my point. Sorry for the error if I made one.

Yes, you made one. You stated a premise that was dead wrong. You revised history to support your premise. Reagan was elected president in 1980. He was a divorcee. He was previously married to Jane Wyman and was married to his second wife, Nancy, when elected.

Being too young to vote then doesn't negate that google would have informed you.

I have a job dude. I don’t have time to google and take 10 min for every response. I made an error, I admitted it. I revised my point.

All I was attempting to suggest was that, in my opinion, family values were more important years ago than today.

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Per 3, yes governors set state mask mandates but you really think the president’s stance, leadership, communication and example-setting is irrelevant?? I said in March that Trump should set an example with wearing masks and encouraging people to do so, and if he’d done that we might only have 50-100k dead Americans. And that’s the asshole you want to vote for? the one who doesn’t actually give a flying fuck that 200k Americans are dead as long as it helps him get re-elected and stay out of jail.

Bravo!

Read what I wrote in six

It's great that you wear a mask, despite Trump's lack of support for mask-wearing that has likely cost tens of thousands of lives, maybe including his own.

You still didn’t read what I wrote in six. Lol

If we didn’t have a mask mandate in my state, I can’t say I would wear a mask. However, I would social distance. Again, I have found I am not around people as much as some. My mask wearing efforts are not too critical. I wear it for 25 feet ordering Chipotle and then I take it off. That’s mainly the extent of me saving lives with a mask. Sure, there are other cases like when I’m at Home Depot or the grocery store, but all in all, I’m not around people that much.

I’m expecting to get the Rona at some point. I feel we can try and be safe, but there is no guarantee against the Rona.
Last edited by: jharris: Oct 2, 20 4:38
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Per 3, yes governors set state mask mandates but you really think the president’s stance, leadership, communication and example-setting is irrelevant?? I said in March that Trump should set an example with wearing masks and encouraging people to do so, and if he’d done that we might only have 50-100k dead Americans. And that’s the asshole you want to vote for? the one who doesn’t actually give a flying fuck that 200k Americans are dead as long as it helps him get re-elected and stay out of jail.

Bravo!

Read what I wrote in six

It's great that you wear a mask, despite Trump's lack of support for mask-wearing that has likely cost tens of thousands of lives, maybe including his own.

You still didn’t read what I wrote in six. Lol

Yes, you said you wear a mask.

And no, I'm not rehashing all the Sweden arguments with you. Read some Rruff threads. It's been debunked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I didn’t quote since your post was very long.

However, I wanted to reply. Your post has much merit and an interesting view. Although, I would like to believe the President has greater responsibility than Macaroni.

Take an obvious issue of slavery. Do you think people forgot Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves? Was that Macaroni?

There of course are major things that change our lives forever and other policies and laws that may alter slightly and go unnoticed. It’s human nature to have limited memories. Heck, people have mostly forgotten that Covid-19 shut down in March/April was so hospitals could keep up with sick people. Now, we are not wanting people to get sick at all.

The difference between your analogy of the President compared to the cheating wife with a drug problem is that a husband comes home to and deals with the wife personally on a daily basis. Citizens who vote don’t share a home, bedroom, or a meal with the President. All you have to do is turn off the tv and avoid politics on Facebook, or this forum, and you can live your life with no ill effect that the President has poor character. This doesn’t mean a voter is a supporter of poor character or that a voter suddenly also has the identical character of someone they are voting for.

Character is a personal matter. You can choose to be an asshole or not. You don't have to vote on the premise of someone being an asshole or not.

I recall a movie, Patch Adams. The guy said if he was dying and the best surgeon was an asshole. He would choose the asshole.

This logic is why many people ignore Trumps character.

Now, if we had better candidates, that would change everything. Although, we don’t.

i wasn't writing about character. i was writing about democracy. you may choose to overlook trump's character because your politics are transactional. fine. where i draw the line is when trump - or anyone - damages the processes and institutions that give us the right to have these conversations.

you can be a fine man without a love of democracy in you. i hold the king of jordan in high regard, and his father before him, and the people that family rules. you can be a fine person and a fine leader in a country that does not embrace democracy.

but in this country (the US), we choose democracy. trump can damage his various wives and he can stiff workers through his various bankruptcies. if you want to overlook that, that's your choice. but when he damages democracy - and there is absolutely no doubt about this - then if you stick with him you may be a good man, but the love of democracy is not in you. you may love america, but only in the way that a guatemalan loves guatemala, or a turk loves turkey. in this case america is a physical place to you, your homeland, and nothing more. the american experiment does not resonate with you. this doesn't make you bad; but on the topic of american exceptionalism, this is what is exceptional about us until we cease the discipline it takes to hold onto this form of government.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But he built 5 new miles of wall !

You are right. Ignoring the areas in which Trump has been truly abysmal forces many reluctant supporters to compartmentalize their priorities. Lots of fine people support Trump, but they do so by largely denying attributes that they used to hold dear. Several good friends have gone down the rabbit hole of becoming incessant Trumpfans due to the binary world that they fit themselves into. In so doing they primarily are debating the person that they were just a handful years ago on so many issues (defcits, support for democracy, basic competence, character,...). After this season, I suspect that many of them will quietly reassert previous priorities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for your insightful comments about our country and the citizens thereof
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Debate #1 thread [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
But he built 5 new miles of wall !

You are right. Ignoring the areas in which Trump has been truly abysmal forces many reluctant supporters to compartmentalize their priorities. Lots of fine people support Trump, but they do so by largely denying attributes that they used to hold dear. Several good friends have gone down the rabbit hole of becoming incessant Trumpfans due to the binary world that they fit themselves into. In so doing they primarily are debating the person that they were just a handful years ago on so many issues (defcits, support for democracy, basic competence, character,...). After this season, I suspect that many of them will quietly reassert previous priorities.

I won’t argue your condescending response.

Although, you can read this and can call you a liar.

https://www.google.com/...rumps-crackdown.html

I should note this is the first article I googled. Do your own research. There are better articles than this.

After all, that’s what the media does when you improperly post facts.
Last edited by: jharris: Oct 2, 20 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:

However, I wanted to reply. Your post has much merit and an interesting view. Although, I would like to believe the President has greater responsibility than Macaroni.

Take an obvious issue of slavery. Do you think people forgot Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves? Was that Macaroni?

There of course are major things that change our lives forever and other policies and laws that may alter slightly and go unnoticed. It’s human nature to have limited memories. Heck, people have mostly forgotten that Covid-19 shut down in March/April was so hospitals could keep up with sick people. Now, we are not wanting people to get sick at all.

The difference between your analogy of the President compared to the cheating wife with a drug problem is that a husband comes home to and deals with the wife personally on a daily basis. Citizens who vote don’t share a home, bedroom, or a meal with the President. All you have to do is turn off the tv and avoid politics on Facebook, or this forum, and you can live your life with no ill effect that the President has poor character. This doesn’t mean a voter is a supporter of poor character or that a voter suddenly also has the identical character of someone they are voting for.

Character is a personal matter. You can choose to be an asshole or not. You don't have to vote on the premise of someone being an asshole or not.

I recall a movie, Patch Adams. The guy said if he was dying and the best surgeon was an asshole. He would choose the asshole.

Now, if we had better candidates, that would change everything. Although, we don’t.

i wasn't writing about character. i was writing about democracy. you may choose to overlook trump's character because your politics are transactional. fine. where i draw the line is when trump - or anyone - damages the processes and institutions that give us the right to have these conversations.

you can be a fine man without a love of democracy in you. i hold the king of jordan in high regard, and his father before him, and the people that family rules. you can be a fine person and a fine leader in a country that does not embrace democracy.

but in this country (the US), we choose democracy. trump can damage his various wives and he can stiff workers through his various bankruptcies. if you want to overlook that, that's your choice. but when he damages democracy - and there is absolutely no doubt about this - then if you stick with him you may be a good man, but the love of democracy is not in you. you may love america, but only in the way that a guatemalan loves guatemala, or a turk loves turkey. in this case america is a physical place to you, your homeland, and nothing more. the american experiment does not resonate with you. this doesn't make you bad; but on the topic of american exceptionalism, this is what is exceptional about us until we cease the discipline it takes to hold onto this form of government.

I appreciate your response. So, people claimed Trump suggesting to use military to handle riots was an abuse of power and military can’t be used on citizens.

Are these citizens patriots and lovers of USA and our democracy? Yet, they can enjoy the freedoms we offer when they offer nothing in return.

I’m close enough to see what has happened. I saw Facebook posts where people were planning to gather and destroy and loot. It was at a property that is a customer of mine and I had a $45,000 piece of Construction equipment in the parking lot. My kids were afraid. They couldn’t sleep. We watched on tv and I talked to my girlfriend about going there to move the equipment and bring a gun. We decided I wouldn’t bring a gun, but I wouldn’t go alone. I went with a friend. Fortunately, I moved the equipment and the police were circling everywhere and they established a curfew.

I watched live online when Kenosha was burned blocks from 2 rental properties I own and looted. A car lot lost over 1 million in vehicles destroyed. I worried if my rental properties were destroyed my insurance wouldn’t cover it and I feared for my tenants. Friends and neighbors were planning what to do if the riots moved. BLM leaders gave speeches to move into the suburbs.

I would have been FOR a quick squash of this situation by any means. 3 days was still too late and now people died in the Kyle Riitenhouse shooting and the area is destroyed. Luckily, the national guard came in and helped remedy. Initially, our governor gave them no power. They were statues watching the chaos.

Meanwhile the Democrats were suppose to be in Milwaukee and they instructed police to not use certain methods of control if people rioted. Police said no. Democrats didn’t come. Hilarious. Looks like they need the police too.

Safety first.

I don’t support defunding the police either.

If that means I support against democracy, you call it what you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
thanks for your insightful comments about our country and the citizens thereof

Given what I've read from jharris so far, he may vote or may not for Trump, but he sounds like he is at least open minded enough to consider all the pros and cons. If Dan brought up a point that maybe he hadn't considered before - more to think on is better.

Dan was replying to jharris but I could say the same to you as well.

I agree. More to think on is always better than less.

Thanks for your response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:

I appreciate your response. So, people claimed Trump suggesting to use military to handle riots was an abuse of power and military can’t be used on citizens.

Are these citizens patriots and lovers of USA and our democracy? Yet, they can enjoy the freedoms we offer when they offer nothing in return.

I’m close enough to see what has happened. I saw Facebook posts where people were planning to gather and destroy and loot. It was at a property that is a customer of mine and I had a $45,000 piece of Construction equipment in the parking lot. My kids were afraid. They couldn’t sleep. We watched on tv and I talked to my girlfriend about going there to move the equipment and bring a gun. We decided I wouldn’t bring a gun, but I wouldn’t go alone. I went with a friend. Fortunately, I moved the equipment and the police were circling everywhere and they established a curfew.

I watched live online when Kenosha was burned blocks from 2 rental properties I own and looted. A car lot lost over 1 million in vehicles destroyed. I worried if my rental properties were destroyed my insurance wouldn’t cover it and I feared for my tenants. Friends and neighbors were planning what to do if the riots moved. BLM leaders gave speeches to move into the suburbs.

I would have been FOR a quick squash of this situation by any means. 3 days was still too late and now people died in the Kyle Riitenhouse shooting and the area is destroyed. Luckily, the national guard came in and helped remedy. Initially, our governor gave them no power. They were statues watching the chaos.

Meanwhile the Democrats were suppose to be in Milwaukee and they instructed police to not use certain methods of control if people rioted. Police said no. Democrats didn’t come. Hilarious. Looks like they need the police too.

Safety first.

I had 2 crews of workers doing summer work at Kenosha Bradford, which ended up being a staging area during the day for LEO and guardsman. I ended up pulling them out after a couple days even during the day. They were in real danger, and they know who they were in real danger from.

They got very good insight into what was really going on. I would explain it here but it would fall on deaf ears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I was attempting to suggest was that, in my opinion, family values were more important years ago than today.

Carry on.[/quote]

You are absolutely right even if referencing a divorced Reagan. People then and now recognize that people make mistakes and were more than willing to elect a divorced person (but likely wouldn’t have in the 1950’s, so times change.

However, with the exception of Clinton, all the Presidents have had admirable personal qualities. They may not have elected W or Obama because of their character but they were of high personal character.

With Trump it’s more than being divorced that defines his lack of character. It’s his abuse or condescension towards his intelligence community, the military fighting wars, foreign allies or anyone who disagrees with him. There is a massive leap between electing a President who had a divorce and Trump.

So times have changed and people are more willing to overlook “flaws” but for many personal character is important when you are the leader of a Country.

That’s why I don’t understand how people can support Trump.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Oct 3, 20 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Being that nobody apparently will google Trumps accomplishments... here is a link

This isn’t the same source I found a month ago when I read it thoroughly, but it looks like it’s legit. I have not read it. I’m posting only because you won’t look yourself. The wall is one of many.

http://lc.org/...plishments.FINAL.pdf

The first comment in those are wrong in his accomplishments. I stopped reading after that.

GDP has exceeded 3 percent in the past 4 quarters. - I assume this was written in the end of 2019. Since then (excluding covid) there was only one quarter above 2% growth.

The point is you try to show people why you vote for trump. You post things that show trump isnt as good as he says he is. Namely, after the initial bump from tax cuts GDP is closer to 2% - not exceeding 3%. Then you blame people for not doing their own research on your points. Thats not how this works.

Additionally, the information you provide is counter to your posts. If you care about GDP growth obviously you should not be happy with the 2% growth in 2019. So if you grade trump on his own list of accomplishments THAT YOU PROVIDED he is failing. You are 100% correct, I will not do your research to make your point. Specifically, all trump voters dont care about the same thing. Thats why I am specifically curious of what trump has done that you agree with. If you are a single issue "wall/immigration/law & order voter" then it is what it is. In 2016 trump voters cared about national security, government corruption, health care, the economy, and inequality. That is not the case today.

I went back and looked. A lot on that list is laughable at this point.
President Trump’s Administration is working to provide Americans with affordable alternatives to Obamacare.
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history. ď‚· These tax cuts are delivering real results for American families and workers.
President Trump held an historic summit with Chairman Kim Jong-Un, bringing beginnings of peace and denuclearization to the Korean Peninsula.

Last edited by: sosayusall: Oct 2, 20 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

But the question is not just family values. It is character. There is a saying that we see often. Character is what you do when no one is watching.

When we see people who will do heinous things right out in the open we are able to make pretty well informed inferences of what they will do when they think no one is watching. People who say they aren't worried about what Trump does in his personal life are making a big mistake. Because they are missing insights into who he is and what he is willing to do.

When someone acts corruptly right in your face, do you think they act more or less (and no, it is not fewer) corruptly in secret?

All we have heard this week is how horrible that debate was. I feel the opposite. I think that debate was nearly perfect. You got to see exactly who these two men are. I don't see how that debate could have possibly gone much better for Biden.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:

Safety first.

i, like you, do not support defunding the police (and neither does biden). i, like you, do not condone rioting (and neither does biden). these are issues. these are transitory issues. the much, much more worrisome habits are: taking a wrecking ball to our national faith in our election process; treating the organs of government as if they belong to you, rather than belonging to the people.

you don't see this. you have your near-vision glasses on. i have my distance glasses on. you can't see the panorama. you can't see what jurists and generals, diplomats and historians see, and i mean most of them, regardless of party. i would just ask that you reflect, and ask yourself if there's a larger point, a bigger truth, about your country, and it's just been in your blind spot. ask yourself who you are first. what you value most. and if it's trumpism, then fine. but then be honest with yourself. you do not value a country of laws; a country where the citizens make the leadership choices. you value the tribe, and you cleave to the personage who best resonates with your tribe.

and let's be clear, this is natural. this is the predisposition of our species. it's how most of the world has lived for most of history. democracy is like monogamy: we're fighting against some ancient wiring. trump's appeal is he plays to your wiring. i have lived long enough to know that i really value my wife and family, and my country's operating principles; each offers a better alternative; each is subject to entropy if i'm lazy; each requires air pumped in the tires. trump is like the friend who tells you it's okay to cheat on your wife; nobody will know. JFK cheated on his wife, but was true to his country. nixon was true to his wife, and cheated on his country. trump cheats on everything, especially his country. he's given you permission to cheat. you need to decide whether you're going to act on that permission.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1311198722001235968

/end thread

yeah, there have been some good ones. This from a UFC fighter that got KO'd in 17 seconds in his last fight a couple of weeks ago.

Gerald Meerschaert
@The_Real_GM3

I wish this debate lasted as long as my last fight. #Debate2020
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
spudone wrote:
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1311198722001235968

/end thread

yeah, there have been some good ones. This from a UFC fighter that got KO'd in 17 seconds in his last fight a couple of weeks ago.

Gerald Meerschaert
@The_Real_GM3

I wish this debate lasted as long as my last fight. #Debate2020

at the risk of being gross Stormy tweeted:

this debate is the worst thing I've ever seen. And I had sex with Donald Trump.
(slinks away)
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Carry on.

You are absolutely right even if referencing a divorced Reagan. People then and now recognize that people make mistakes and were more than willing to elect a divorced person (but likely wouldn’t have in the 1950’s, so times change.

However, with the exception of Clinton, all the Presidents have had admirable personal qualities. They may not have elected W or Obama because of their character but they were of high personal character.

With Trump it’s more than being divorced that defines his lack of character. It’s his abuse or condescension towards his intelligence community, the military fighting wars, foreign allies or anyone who disagrees with him. There is a massive leap between electing a President who had a divorce and Trump.

So times have changed and people are more willing to overlook “flaws” but for many personal character is important when you are the leader of a Country.

That’s why I don’t understand how people can support Trump.[/quote]
Is it fair to assume people who once found family values important and not as much now shifted to personal character that was more important than family values, but that has also shifted now?

I’m not sure of your age, but I’m 47 and I’m old compared to an 18 year old who can vote. They think much differently.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Quote:
Being that nobody apparently will google Trumps accomplishments... here is a link

This isn’t the same source I found a month ago when I read it thoroughly, but it looks like it’s legit. I have not read it. I’m posting only because you won’t look yourself. The wall is one of many.

http://lc.org/...plishments.FINAL.pdf

The first comment in those are wrong in his accomplishments. I stopped reading after that.

GDP has exceeded 3 percent in the past 4 quarters. - I assume this was written in the end of 2019. Since then (excluding covid) there was only one quarter above 2% growth.

The point is you try to show people why you vote for trump. You post things that show trump isnt as good as he says he is. Namely, after the initial bump from tax cuts GDP is closer to 2% - not exceeding 3%. Then you blame people for not doing their own research on your points. Thats not how this works.

Additionally, the information you provide is counter to your posts. If you care about GDP growth obviously you should not be happy with the 2% growth in 2019. So if you grade trump on his own list of accomplishments THAT YOU PROVIDED he is failing. You are 100% correct, I will not do your research to make your point. Specifically, all trump voters dont care about the same thing. Thats why I am specifically curious of what trump has done that you agree with. If you are a single issue "wall/immigration/law & order voter" then it is what it is. In 2016 trump voters cared about national security, government corruption, health care, the economy, and inequality. That is not the case today.

I went back and looked. A lot on that list is laughable at this point.
President Trump’s Administration is working to provide Americans with affordable alternatives to Obamacare.
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history. ď‚· These tax cuts are delivering real results for American families and workers.
President Trump held an historic summit with Chairman Kim Jong-Un, bringing beginnings of peace and denuclearization to the Korean Peninsula.

I don’t have the time to dig up information and post stuff for you to read. It’s not my responsibility. I posted a list and said it wasn’t the list I initially read. Everyone is too lazy to google so I attempted for you.

Go find a better list.

Biden sucks too.

Don’t kid yourself.

Peace out.

Back to my rum and Coke

I’m ending my posts on this thread. It’s proving to be futile to have a discussion that’s meaningful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it fair to assume people who once found family values important and not as much now shifted to personal character that was more important than family values, but that has also shifted now?

I’m not sure of your age, but I’m 47 and I’m old compared to an 18 year old who can vote. They think much differently.

I am old school (58) so I just wish those 18 year olds would vote for character and while they're at it, get off my damn lawn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Biden has been wishy-washy on his claims of choosing sides all along. He is playing the role of a 47 year politician and doing it well. Where does Harris stand? How about Pelosi? Let’s not forget the infamous AOC. Defunding the police is already happening. If Biden is elected will he put it all back into place?

The police back Trump. No, I don’t have time to find the link, but I read it. Google it yourself.

I don’t believe Biden will fight the party he belongs to on defunding the police.

That’s the difference between you and I.

Biden said it, so it must be true. I’m assuming that’s what you then believe. Although, if Trump says something, he is a liar, so I don’t trust it. I assume that also your response.

It’s ok. I’m not judging you. I’m just saying this is where we differ.

So, I decided I’m ending my activity on this thread. No need to reply, but do so if you choose. I’ve invested more time than I should when I’m working as much as I am right now. I don’t have the time to invest in this discussion any longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said you like trump because he got stuff done. I asked you what were the top 5 things you liked that trump got done.

You said the wall and ended it there.

You posted a list of things you liked that trump did. That list is laughable and does not show stuff Trump has done. By all accounts it seems like you are too lazy to make your own point.

Your initial point was that you liked trump because he got stuff done. People have been repeatedly asking you what has trump done that you liked. You have been able to say 1 thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Dan,

Biden has been wishy-washy on his claims of choosing sides all along. He is playing the role of a 47 year politician and doing it well. Where does Harris stand? How about Pelosi? Let’s not forget the infamous AOC. Defunding the police is already happening. If Biden is elected will he put it all back into place?

The police back Trump. No, I don’t have time to find the link, but I read it. Google it yourself.

I don’t believe Biden will fight the party he belongs to on defunding the police.

That’s the difference between you and I.

Biden said it, so it must be true. I’m assuming that’s what you then believe. Although, if Trump says something, he is a liar, so I don’t trust it. I assume that also your response.

It’s ok. I’m not judging you. I’m just saying this is where we differ.

So, I decided I’m ending my activity on this thread. No need to reply, but do so if you choose. I’ve invested more time than I should when I’m working as much as I am right now. I don’t have the time to invest in this discussion any longer.

Your obvious Leftist boogeyman filter is just silly. Biden has almost a half-century record of governance; he's always been more of a moderate bridge-builder across the aisle than a leftist ideologue. Projecting some kind of fringe position onto him to try and make your vote for Trump sound more defensible is simply kidding yourself to excuse the fact you're supporting a despicable anti-democracy autocrat and racist demagogue. Ooh, but Biden won't disparage AOC with enough venomous ridicule like Trump does, so he's obviously just a closet commie radical... Give me a fucking break. If anything, the actual Lefties never really liked Biden because he was too mild & not strident enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
You said you like trump because he got stuff done. I asked you what were the top 5 things you liked that trump got done.

You said the wall and ended it there.

You posted a list of things you liked that trump did. That list is laughable and does not show stuff Trump has done. By all accounts it seems like you are too lazy to make your own point.

Your initial point was that you liked trump because he got stuff done. People have been repeatedly asking you what has trump done that you liked. You have been able to say 1 thing.

Which didn’t get done. 5 miles of wall. That’s it. That’s all that was built.

Trump voters are absurd.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next