Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ventum GS1
Quote | Reply
Just saw the release of the Ventum GS1, kind of intriguing as the SRAM Force 1X price point looks appealing but without being able to see the actual details on their website on what that all includes kind of skeptical. Anyone know anything more?
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're doing "exclusive" team pre-orders through 9/30. Customizable bar, stem, crank length, etc. options.

My guess is once that closes, they'll have more details on their site outside the vague $1,000 deposit. Agree that it looks like a solid deal at $2,899 for the force 1x build
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the other poster mentioned, Ventum is doing special team pre-orders as well as pre-orders through pros. I’m happy to share all the info and answer any questions you may have, just send me a pm or email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CVV got one[

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFr9ujuDBUY/

I think he used the "MOVE10" discount code for 10% off

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Sep 28, 20 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, sent a PM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a lot of bike for the $. I am not so sure about the geometry. In my size (medium) it has a 70 degree head angle. Also has "race bike" stack of 547mm. That is even lower than an Open UP, and those are low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting. Awaiting new Parlee Chebacco, which is supposedly going to have some subtle tweaks and be announced in next week or two. Anyone have any idea on tire clearance for the GS1? The website doesn't clarify that, unless I am missing it.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it is 700x43 is the largest and I can’t imagine needing wider than that. Any bigger I’m just riding my mountain bike

I don’t have a 650 size off the top of my head.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I am happy with 700x42, no need for bigger.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone here is suppose to do a review of it soon per IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFngUjTHY7o/

I can preorder through my team, but already bought a gravel bike earlier this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventum here. We recommend a 4mm clearance envelope all around regardless of tire size specified by manufacturer.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GS1 will fit most wheel and tire combinations up to 700x42 and 650x48. However, this will vary by manufacturer tire and rim combo.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [VENTUMRACING] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tire size is a finicky thing, right?

I just went from a 700x38 that measured 42.6mm to a 700x38 that measured 38.2 on the same rim. 4.4mm difference. I wish I had gone with the 700x40 on the second tire instead. Some sort of standardization, at least as listed as ETRO size would be really nice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VENTUMRACING wrote:
The GS1 will fit most wheel and tire combinations up to 700x42 and 650x48. However, this will vary by manufacturer tire and rim combo.

Thank you! Fits in my desired wheelhouse.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any Ventum discount codes floating around out there?

Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the review. It's on our Youtube Channel.. It's a GREAT bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWqGRFzBCoM

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Ventum GS1 [Ewynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice review!
So I was wondering...
As I understand it there is always a trade off with gravel bikes. On one end of the spectrum you can get something with road bike-like speed and handling, like the Open Up or the 3T exploro, but then it will be a bit less stable on rougher surfaces like single track or loose gravel. At the other extreme you can get something with a wider wheelbase that will feel more stable on the rough stuff, but then on the road it will feel sluggish.
Where does the Ventum GS1 fall on that spectrum?
Or is my conceptualization wrong?
Quote Reply