Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences
Quote | Reply
For anyone who's ordered a 3T bike (preferably Exploro) direct online what sort of shipping lead times have been experienced? I've been hearing 8-10 weeks at present.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought mine from R&A Cycles delivered in 2-3 days. Do you need to buy direct from 3T?

Excel Sports in Boulder ships 3T as well I think.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been searching high and low for an Exploro Race GRX 2X(56cm) and there is no inventory in the US. I contacted 3T North America and they indicated ordering online is avail (implying they have inventory) w/ 3-4 week delivery. So, I place my order and now they're indicating mid to late Nov delivery. And they have already charged my CC. Ouch!

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know that the full builds are even available in the US until just recently. Excel sports in Boulder has a 56 in stock if you are quick. If you go that way, and they ask, tell them you got the tip from a Great Divide Team member. Maybe they will give us better deals next year ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah. I think that’s GRX. I got the frameset only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a frameset the day after it came out (June 3rd) and it was delivered one month later. At the time I ordered it they had said "in stock" for the framesets and the builds were behind a few weeks lead time.

Specialized Shiv Mafia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I placed an order for an Exploro RaceMax GRX 2X, size 58 on September 10th from the 3T online store. At the time I placed my order, the website indicated a 1 - 3 week lead time. I have spoken with 3T North American customer service a couple of times and it sounds like they are trying their best to hold to that but I think they are pretty swamped. It usually takes them a day or two to respond when I contact them. If they are able to keep to that schedule, then I should receive a shipping notification this week - I won't hold my breath. I'll provide an update when I receive a shipping confirmation. Also count me in the camp of not being overly impressed that they charge my credit card immediately upon ordering instead of when shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [maltheleu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. But I liked the paint job of the regular exploro BMW edition, which was available online at a Utah store, in S. Should arrive sometime this coming week. Just got it with a longer stem and bigger chainring since it came with a 42 by default and in Florida, that's too small.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [maltheleu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on my 3T NA online order placed on Sept 13. Latest customer service response from last week stated mid to late November shipping! As with you, I think the cc charge 10 weeks minimum prior to shipping is not cool at all.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who did you speak with at 3TNA?
-SD
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've spoken by phone and exchanged emails with three or four different individuals. 3 weeks from my order date was last Thursday, so I will bump them again this week for an update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it looks my first ride on my new bike won't be through the canopy of fall reds and oranges, but hopefully I'll be dodging trick-or-treaters on one of my first outings...latest update from 3T

"We did have an additional delay on the delivery, but we are air freighting the GRX bike to our North American warehouse in order to expedite the arrival of those for customers who've placed orders.
So those are now scheduled to land next week and from then on we'll be doing our very best to get them out the door."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - I got essentially the same response from customer service earlier this week. (my GRX 2X order was placed Sept 13) In that response, they still indicated mid to late November shipping. At this point, I will be surprised if I take delivery before Thanksgiving.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

...so 5 weeks from order date. I may have to leave work early today so I can play with my new toy!
Last edited by: maltheleu: Oct 16, 20 3:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did yours arrive today? My Exploro Race GRX 2X was delivered today! All setup in road bike configuration and ready for maiden voyage. The thing is damned beautiful!

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The HQ is across the street from my dads office here in OKC. I drive by it daily. Just give me your order number I will go pick it up for you! haha

1639 W Sheridan Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to this. Got my 3T exploro and needed to change the stem. When I took it out a spring was in the steerer. I think I put it back together correctly (it popped out) but not sure.

Anyone can confirm how to put the washer, spring and plate inside to sit at the top of the fork?
Quote Reply
Re: 3T North America - Exploro ordering/shipping experiences [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in receipt of my Exploro as well. Maiden voyage was very positive.

Interesting - I looked at that top cap as well and wondered how to remove/reinstall if I need to pull the stem to flip/replace, etc. Definitely not old school like I'm used to. If you come across instructions/pics/video certainly post here.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have figured it out correctly but Damon confirmed.

It’s like this

https://hollandbikeshop.com/...-tube-expander-plug/
Quote Reply