Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle height : Road bike vs TT
Quote | Reply
If all things being equal as far as crank length are you running roughly the same saddle height between the two bikes or is there a drastic difference for one reason or another. I've recently made some changes on both bikes that has led to the saddle height being identical between the two bikes. Is it the same for you guys?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle height : Road bike vs TT [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd always kinda thought my tt bike was higher, but checking right now they're pretty similar, maybe slightly higher on the tt bike but I also have shorter cranks on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle height : Road bike vs TT [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could always normalize it by measuring from the pedal to the appropriate spot on the seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
You could always normalize it by measuring from the pedal to the appropriate spot on the seat.

This is what works for me. With a TT bike, I don’t measure going straight up the seat post like a road bike, but instead measure from the center of the bottom bracket to the part of seat I actually sit on, which is towards the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle height : Road bike vs TT [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

This is what works for me. With a TT bike, I don’t measure going straight up the seat post like a road bike, but instead measure from the center of the bottom bracket to the part of seat I actually sit on, which is towards the front.

I have similar seats on both, and have my seats mounted in the same position, ( Cobb Max and Cobb Plus )

I spend a non trivial amount of time on my road bike in a pretty aggressively aero position too however so seat utilization is similar.

I have a crank length disparity, shorter on my TT bike, so I measure from the insole of my shoe attached, up the seatpost to the seat, to account for stack differences between shoe and pedal combinations ( eg, I run both speedplay and and speedplay zero systems on my bikes, with one of each on different road shoes, and a zero on a tri shoe )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride both bikes with the same legs, so yes. Same knee angle for both.

The tri bike is set up steeper, so the saddle is slightly higher, but the linear distance from pedal to sit bone contact on the saddles are the same.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply