Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance.
Quote | Reply
I saw a post posted in Facebook which mentioned a "reverse" triathlon in the order of run-bike-swim held in a university in Taiwan. The legs were:
1.5 km run
40 km bike
10 km swim!!!, i.e. 51.5 km in total. There were only 15 participants.

It was called the "crazy 515". Here's a translation of the posted certificate:

Quote:

Congratulations to Lin Youyu, after running 1,500 meters and cycling for 40 kilometers, you even completed 10 kilometers of swimming. It's crazy! I think nothing can beat you again. Congratulations on completing a milestone in your life. Keep exercising and maintain a healthy body and mind.

Results: 5 hours, 8 minutes and 11 seconds

September 20, 109 Republic of China

Last edited by: miklcct: Sep 21, 20 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [miklcct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would enter a race with those distances. I’d much rather swim for 3+ hours, than run a marathon.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [miklcct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like my kind of race.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d think about starting biking again if there were more triathlons like this!
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [Trexlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would toally be into that race, but maybe more interesting would be 10km run-40km bike-5km swim. Today I am doing 6km swim-40km bike-6km run on my own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PLEEEASSEEE can we have more of these?
I've long held the view it should be a 1.5k run and a 10k swim.

Count me IN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive. 10K swim is too far for me....
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
PLEEEASSEEE can we have more of these?
I've long held the view it should be a 1.5k run and a 10k swim.

Count me IN.

We can, but there would be 10 of us showing up to these LOL! But according to Lance, we should get Richie Porte to come and kick all of our asses. By the way, did Richie do any swim training during lockdown?
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of a balanced triathlon. Something like 50 k on the bike half marathon and 5 K swim.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
I like the idea of a balanced triathlon. Something like 50 k on the bike half marathon and 5 K swim.

I do many training days that are "inverse half IM, duration wise"....1.5 to 2 hrs swim, 3 hrs bike, 30 min run. Basically I am out there for more than half IM duration for the day, at higher intensity (because I can swim harder for 2 hrs than I can run for hrs) and then the recovery is quick. In winter, some half IM duration days are 1.5 hrs swim. 2.5-3 hrs XC ski, 30 min run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! Taiwan? Check. Massive swim? Check.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you link to the event page? Seriously, I'm going in 2021, or as soon as they let americans in without a 14-day quarantine.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: There was just a "reverse" triathlon in Taiwan which features run-bike-swim in order. I couldn't believe what I saw at the first glance. [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
Can you link to the event page? Seriously, I'm going in 2021, or as soon as they let americans in without a 14-day quarantine.

I think that it's a club event as I don't see publication on this. It's held by NFU 國立虎尾科技大學 .
Last edited by: miklcct: Sep 21, 20 6:26
Quote Reply