Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone suffering tennis elbow?
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing well.
I have been suffering from tennis elbow for the past one month. It is so painful, and I'm not able to move my arms at times. I usually play tennis 2 or 3 times a week. Now it is not possible, and even I feel very difficult in doing my works. My doctor prescribed a painkiller, and I'm taking it. But there is no change in my condition. The doctor told me if it doesn't get better in 3 or 4 weeks, he will give me a steroid injection. Four weeks are over, and I haven't visited my doctor. My friend told steroid injections are bad for health and suggested me to try deep tissue massage therapy. I'm thinking about trying it, but before that, I would like to hear from you all. Has anyone done it for curing tennis elbow? Did it give effective results? I just want to get rid of this pain. Will it help? Any opinions or suggestions from my fellow sufferers are mostly welcome.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone suffering tennis elbow? [junebro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless your friend is an physician with a sports medicine background, I wouldn't put too much stock in the anti-steroid opinion. I've had steroid injections a couple of times for shoulder issues and while they weren't a magic bullet, it definitely helped. PT is another option to explore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A man just finished a grueling match at the tennis club and walks into the club house to get a drink. There's a fine-looking woman at the bar who sees him, and with some dismay, points at his crotch exclaiming, "What is that?" He looks down and says, "Tennis ball." She calms and replies, "I understand, I have tennis elbow."

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was recent thread on this. Search engine will help u out on this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
junebro wrote:
The doctor told me if it doesn't get better in 3 or 4 weeks, he will give me a steroid injection

Read this thread to solve your problem: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...nis%20elbow#p7292833

I would not get a steroid injection.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone suffering tennis elbow? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
junebro wrote:
The doctor told me if it doesn't get better in 3 or 4 weeks, he will give me a steroid injection

Read this thread to solve your problem: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...nis%20elbow#p7292833

I would not get a steroid injection.

I didn’t know bots could even get injections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear triathlon is good for cross training.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone suffering tennis elbow? [joj4444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest finding a chiropractor trained in ART. There are 11 pressure points in the forearm, that he or she can work on to alleviate the pain. It might take a few treatments, but you should see immediate progress. If the treatment is painful while you are getting worked on that will be a good indicator you can experience relief.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont know what ART is, it's late and i'm about to go to bed so i'm not going to look it up. i had tennis elbow a couple of years and mentioned it to my chiropractor when i was in seeing him. i asked if he could fix it, i was being flippant expecting a smart-ass response back. he said yeah, with some dry needling and tinting.

i think it took 3 sessions-ish...bam, all good. it may have been 4, it's been quite a while since i had this done.

i could just barely reach down and pick up a can of beer from above. i.e. if i was in a lawn chair and the can was on the ground, grabbing it in a way that my palm was over the top of the can and i was using all 5 digits to grasp it's sides and pick it up. that movement hurt like hell.

the needling and tinting hurt like hell also. he'd stick 4 or 5 needles in me along some line in my arm, i'm guessing the tendon in question. as he got close to the real tender spot, near my elbow, at times it'd kinda light me up. but i'm sold on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone suffering tennis elbow? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I didn’t know bots could even get injections.

+1. Altho if you click on the sketchy links you might get an injection of code.
Quote Reply