Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today
Quote | Reply
Who will win? Ben Kanute, Sam Long, Matt Hanson, Chris Leiferman, Justin Metzler, Brad Weiss, others

Skye Moench, Racheal Olson, Jocelyn McCauley, others
(No disrespect to other Pros, just tired of clicking back and forth on site for list)

https://www.trisignup.com/...83168&perPage=50

I'm in for Ben and Skye

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: timr: Sep 19, 20 5:55
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben and Jocelyn for me. Some choppy swim conditions should play to the favor of the stronger swimmers.

Edit: Half of my guess did not age well as Jocelyn ended up not starting the race.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Sep 19, 20 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From both the pto twitter account and my inside source texting me updates,

Bradley Weiss had fastest swim split, followed by ben kanute. (Edit: actually I'm not sure if Weiss had the best swim or if he took the lead early on the bike)

Sam Long however took the lead early on the bike.

Rachel olson first out of the water for the women. She says it's the craziest swim she's done. Very choppy.

They shortened the swim due to a storm coming in.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Sep 19, 20 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sky moench now leading the women's race.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race report from the PTO twitter:

Sam with 1 minute lead.

Then a group, in order:
Leiferman
Weiss
Hanson

Then kanute another minute back.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting reports that 5 miles into the run Sam has a "huge" gap on second.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really surprised at Kanute. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at Sams win. I just don't like arrogant people though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sam's social media personality is nothing like his real personality. I can definitely see how it can rub people the wrong way. But really he's just a super-nice goofy guy. I think some of the arrogance on social media is just him trying to be funny. Some of it is of course genuine confidence.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben froze and never recovered. Sam called out Lionel at finish line. Sam said he will be at Daytona to race Lionel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon is definitely more interesting with the characters. I suppose the best cinema is villains and hero's. Appeals to a bigger audience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His social media personality seems like a nice goofy guy though...so, I don't get why people think different haha.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, there are ways to be goofy without 'feigning' arrogance. Josh Amberger for instance.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
To be fair, there are ways to be goofy without 'feigning' arrogance. Josh Amberger for instance.

this.

can't wait for sam to lurk on this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Who will win? Ben Kanute, Sam Long, Matt Hanson, Chris Leiferman, Justin Metzler, Brad Weiss, others

Skye Moench, Racheal Olson, Jocelyn McCauley, others
(No disrespect to other Pros, just tired of clicking back and forth on site for list)

https://www.trisignup.com/...83168&perPage=50

I'm in for Ben and Skye

I see we are starting off strong. Been five minutes searching and I can't find the results, lol.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Triathlon is definitely more interesting with the characters. I suppose the best cinema is villains and hero's. Appeals to a bigger audience.

100% percent and this couldn't even be more true today in today's hyperbolic world of over the top personalities

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened with the Helvellyn tri...you had to rely on the PTO's twitter feed which I thought was dumb.

But I just checked and the only thing on that feed with results was Sam Long winning.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure those results are not complete. A few people at the bottom aren't dnf's. Just not properly recorded yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well said. He is just arrogant in my view. It was really funny when Cam Wurf trolled one of his IG posts bragging about some bike ride "Lionel will smash you". Wurf might have pinched a nerve, he then made a post that he had reached "some level" when you get Cam Wurf to give you a hard time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, if You are a male pro & you get chicked do you just lay low & hope no one notices?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love seeing an abrasive arrogant kid to ruffle some feathers in the bland pro field. Was hilarious when he got under Lionel's skin with that whole bs Mount Lemmon KOM challenge. Hope this kid keeps dominating and shouts it from the rooftops.
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam is strong like bull, smart like tractor. At least that’s how he comes off to me. Congrats to him on backing up the trash talk.
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
America needs another strong Triathlete. With T.O., Potts, and Starky aging up, we have Kanute, Leiferman, Russell, and Long (Ironman distance, men's field). I would say only Kanute, T.O., and Long are the KONA podium contenders at this point. I need to work around my opinions and find a way to root for him. His numbers for this race were very strong, looking at Strava.

Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Pro Triathlon..today [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Love seeing an abrasive arrogant kid to ruffle some feathers in the bland pro field. Was hilarious when he got under Lionel's skin with that whole bs Mount Lemmon KOM challenge. Hope this kid keeps dominating and shouts it from the rooftops.

you think he actually got under lionel's skin? that's funny.
Quote Reply

Prev Next