Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time to buy a bike
Quote | Reply
Best time to purchase either a new or used bike in the UK?
Looking at a aero bike but not really planning on getting outside on it much now until next spring because of the weather.
Wnebs the best time to buy and likely to get the better deals? This side of Xmas or wait until the new year?
Quote Reply
Re: Time to buy a bike [Jonnywev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Historically I'd have said about November time for the UK - when the next-year models are coming out and shops shifting last years model cheaper.
BUT... not sure that's going to happen this year with bike selling out everywhere and long delivery times.

I got a new bike ordered in late Dec 2019, and delivered mid Jan this year... and thank goodness I did as it was sorted before Covid turned the bike supply industry upside down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No deals this year. If you order soon you can probably have it by spring. I'd guess that if you wait until Xmas you risk not having it for spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least in the US, there aren't really any great deals to be found. Bikes are selling at all time high levels due to COVID. Check around and see what you can even get, because I suspect it's the same situation in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Time to buy a bike [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah this was a slight concern but was hoping that there might be a sudden surge of second hand bikes from people who have given up on the hobby.
Quote Reply
Re: Time to buy a bike [bgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't have thought of it like that, better get buying now then
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.theproscloset.com/ or slowtwitch classifieds are probably the best bets at the moment for second hand. Or you can try the Canyon sale that is wallpapering the forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Time to buy a bike [kwikfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which I suppose leads me onto my next question. Apart from the sites mentioned where else might I find a decent second hand bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt had IAs at 20% off. Might see if you can find the code on a Facebook search
Quote Reply