Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tommy Rivers Puzey
Quote | Reply
https://www.runnersworld.com/...tzXpkNo8mQqncOUl3ECI

I don't know the guy, but I like his attitude and approach to running. That's a huge bummer!
I'm sure anyone who follows trail running knows of him.
Quote Reply
Re: Tommy Rivers Puzey [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I don't know the guy, but I like his attitude and approach to running. That's a huge bummer!

I've been following him for a while. He's a very positive, open person, but also an extremely good athlete. I believe he's raced IM worlds (both half and 70.3). Just blows my mind that such an incredible athlete, and person, can develop such a nasty type of cancer. I know it can happen to any of us, because cancer just doesn't care who you are, but it still shocks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tommy Rivers Puzey [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran 10 miles with him in Mass. as part of the Iron Cowboy 50/50/50 in July of 2015 and Rivers was so nice. We chatted a bunch and is such a class act.

14X Ironman. Still slow but working on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

We ordered food from Pizzicletta this past weekend while visiting Flagstaff. I only know of him through occasionally seeing his content on instagram, but really shocked to see his diagnosis nonetheless. Always a shock when you see a very healthy person waylaid like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Tommy Rivers Puzey [dcfan40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never met him but he does sound like a nice dude. As others have said, that’s scary to see this type of diagnosis in someone so healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got distracted by life and endurance sports fell by the wayside several years back. Got a treadmill that came with iFit software last November, and Tommy's one of the online trainers in that ecosystem that got me running consistently again. By all accounts he's a really good guy.

So far he's survived a way too long stretch on a vent and ECMO, four rounds of chemo with two more rounds to go and then a bone marrow transplant at the end. (His family has been posting updates on Instagram) While long term prognosis is still extremely uncertain, the chemo so far has been more effective than expected in reducing the lymphoma.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sports Illustrated : More about Tommy, per brother Jacob's blog posts...

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Tommy Rivers Puzey [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: Tommy Rivers Puzey [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great article. Thanks!

They are finally decannulating Rivs off ECMO, 61 days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there, he's posted an update on the Go Fund Me Page someone else set up for him.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Tommy-Rivers-Rest-Up?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-161367570195-07452ce67404426b&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

I bought a new treadmill in the fall and it came with a 1 year iFit membership. The iFit platform itself isn't great but this guy is the bomb. I truly look forward to running on the treadmill and listening to this guy. I will probably keep renewing my membership until I've done all of his runs and bikes.

If he gets well enough to start running tours I would seriously consider flying somewhere to do one with him.

Hoping him and his family all the best.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply