Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dynaplug users - carrying spare plugs
Quote | Reply
New Dynaplug user here. I bought a few spare plugs, but no spare insertion tubes, not realizing that's sorta the way they intend you to carry spares inside of the plug Pill enclosure.

Is there anyone carrying the plugs NOT in the tubes and if so, what's your method? I'm guessing they can't just be wrapped up in some plastic wrap and shoved in my jersey over and over, exposed to wet and sun possibilities.

I'm thinking of taking to my 3D printer for a solution, I was wondering if they'd stick to the material though since it's not stainless like the real solution.

Thanks for any tips.
Quote Reply
Re: Dynaplug users - carrying spare plugs [10kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they would fit if they were wrapped up and stuffed in the end of you handle bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you biking across India or something? How many plugs do you need when you leave the house? I use the DynaPlug “Racer” with 1 small and 1 large plug. Have never even used it except to test it on an old tire. If needed more than 2 on a ride, I’d just call an Uber and call it a day on the assumption that God was saying today is not your day.
Quote Reply
Re: Dynaplug users - carrying spare plugs [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try to carry enough of something (within reason) that I can get myself out of a jam. They are small enough, there's room in my Dynaplug Pill for more spares, I figured why not carry some. Then I saw the price of the tubes and was just curious if people carry say 6 plugs somehow and reload into the tubes if needed.

I frequently ride places where cell service is spotty (road bike). It's why I still carry a tube even though I'm tubeless, I'd love to just be down to one backup method, but yeah, stuff happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry spares in the plastic package they come in. I have also wrapped one or two in a small piece of aluminum foil and put them in the pill

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Presumably you also carry a frame pump?
Quote Reply
Re: Dynaplug users - carrying spare plugs [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Presumably you also carry a frame pump?

Right? I don't carry enough CO2 to manage to fix more than two flats. If I use both plugs, I am beyond hope.
Quote Reply